Need help - Speakers for yamaha rxv479

ramvenk

Hi All,
I'm a newbie in this forum.. and setting up my 5.1 setup for my home use. I plan it to use for 50/50 music, movies. So with this intent I planned to buy YammyRx479. So need suggestion for a good 5.1 setup. Have a budget constraint of 30K. Your help here is highly appreciated.

Would like to let you all know that I own a old AIWA speaker of model NSX-s52, would this speakers also go with AVR ?

My room size is 12*16sqft.

Waiting for all your inputs.

Adding more inputs to the above,
I was looking at
1.BA xs5.1
2.pioneer (sp1135TS, 1135xs)
3.JBL cinema (300 or 510 or 610)

As said have an old Aiwa speakers of my hi-fi system (NSX-s52), any idea if this can be paired as Left & Right Speakers ? If so, please help me with center, woofer and satellites, please.

Thanks for your inputs.

Hi

Check the specs mentioned behind the Aiwa speakers to see the power handling and impedance....secondly...you can consider Boston Acoustic center and bookshelf speakers....see the for sale by owner section...there is good equipment available...

Based on the output performance of the AVR, the JBL 510 may just work...the key is to audition and trust your ears....all depends on your budget and what appeals to you

BA S5.1 (not xs5.1) is a good option for the budget you got. If music is more of a priority than movies, then bookshelf speakers as fronts is a minimum must.

Thanks for the inputs. Definitely looks for the options suggested.
I just checked the specs of my old Aiwa speakers. Its a 4 way speaker with 6ohm. Can this be used in place of a bookshelf ?
Also would like to know if movie viewing would be good with just a bookshelf and a centre ?? ( Later can add few surrounds )
Kindly guide me.

Thanks Narasimhan... Whats the quote for POLK TL 1600 ? Would it be good for a 230sqft living room ?

Hi All,

If I'm planning to buy bookshelfs as LCR set up with sub... can you please suggest best options..? 50:50 music:movies.. Budget of 30K ....
Please pour in your suggestions..

Hi All,

If I'm planning to buy bookshelfs as LCR set up with sub... can you please suggest best options..? 50:50 music:movies.. Budget of 30K ....
Please pour in your suggestions..

If the model# on the back of the speaker is SX-ANS70YL, then there are 2 speakers in it... Left speakers which includes surround left, similarly right speaker.. You already have 4 speakers with you..You should have 2 pairs of wires from each speaker....

your BS will take care of your stereo needs...

Since you have a budget of 30K, i would suggest not getting a new center speaker from any brand.. Instead use OLX and find any used speaker/center speaker for 3K max...

With the remaining 27K, you can look for a decent subwoofer....

Reason for not suggesting a new center is that it will cost close to 10K nad eat your budget and you will not have enough money for your subwoofer...

At a later point of time, you can buy new LCR and move the existing Aiwa as surrounds...

If the model# on the back of the speaker is SX-ANS70YL, then there are 2 speakers in it... Left speakers which includes surround left, similarly right speaker.. You already have 4 speakers with you..You should have 2 pairs of wires from each speaker....

your BS will take care of your stereo needs...

Since you have a budget of 30K, i would suggest not getting a new center speaker from any brand.. Instead use OLX and find any used speaker/center speaker for 3K max...

With the remaining 27K, you can look for a decent subwoofer....

Reason for not suggesting a new center is that it will cost close to 10K nad eat your budget and you will not have enough money for your subwoofer...

At a later point of time, you can buy new LCR and move the existing Aiwa as surrounds...

Hi Elango,
The model of the speakers is sx-ANS70.. as u mentioned...
There are 4 wires (2 Pair) in each speaker... so how do we connect them ? Each in seperate terminal in AVR ? or same one ?

Please help in wiring this to AVR.

Hi Elango,
The model of the speakers is sx-ANS70.. as u mentioned...
There are 4 wires (2 Pair) in each speaker... so how do we connect them ? Each in seperate terminal in AVR ? or same one ?

Please help in wiring this to AVR.

Yes.. They have to be connected to separate terminals on your AVR...The wire @ the bottom of the speaker is for the fronts... The wire on the top of speakers is for surrounds....

Yes.. They have to be connected to separate terminals on your AVR...The wire @ the bottom of the speaker is for the fronts... The wire on the top of speakers is for surrounds....

Hi Elango,

Thanks for your response.

I Would like to understand some basics, If in future, I move this Aiwa speaker as surround, & I get a new LCR, How should I wire these? I will have only 1 terminal each for L & R surrond as my AVR is 5.1. [LCR takes 3, with 2 remaining]

In this case if I connect the Aiwa in series ( 6ohm , 16ohm) in a surround terminal, resulting a 22 ohm speaker. What would be the sound effect ? or should I connect only one to the terminal (say the 6 ohm) ?

Please suggest. Sorry for the long doubt session. your inputs are very helpful.

Hi Elango,

Thanks for your response.

I Would like to understand some basics, If in future, I move this Aiwa speaker as surround, & I get a new LCR, How should I wire these? I will have only 1 terminal each for L & R surrond as my AVR is 5.1. [LCR takes 3, with 2 remaining]

In this case if I connect the Aiwa in series ( 6ohm , 16ohm) in a surround terminal, resulting a 22 ohm speaker. What would be the sound effect ? or should I connect only one to the terminal (say the 6 ohm) ?

Please suggest. Sorry for the long doubt session. your inputs are very helpful.

When i meant LCR, i was referring to left, center & right speakers... All of them are separate speakers.. So you can connect each of speaker to the AVR's speaker terminal...

After you get the new front (Left & right) and center speaker, you can move the Aiwa as surrounds... When you move Aiwa as surrounds, you will use only the bottom pair of wires on speaker terminal as surrounds....

You will not use the top pair of wires from your Aiwa speaker...

Hope i was clear...

When i meant LCR, i was referring to left, center & right speakers... All of them are separate speakers.. So you can connect each of speaker to the AVR's speaker terminal...

After you get the new front (Left & right) and center speaker, you can move the Aiwa as surrounds... When you move Aiwa as surrounds, you will use only the bottom pair of wires on speaker terminal as surrounds....

You will not use the top pair of wires from your Aiwa speaker...

Hope i was clear...

Perfect !! Thanks for clearing that Elango !! Made complete sense..

I have just bought Yamaha rx 479. Wanted to know which 5,1 speakers systems to go for. My room size is 20x12 (L shaped open) and viewing distance is 17 ft. My requirement will be 95% movies and cable tv. Will be watching mainly downloaded english drama movies so need strong centre speaker which can give me good vocals.
Budget is about 35k, and stretching it to 50k

I have demoed the following:

Polk 6750 at Profx, kurla
Morel at M Z Audio, Bandra
Boston S at Viola, Andheri
Paradigm (don't remember model) at Final Touch, Santacruz
Klipsh and Jamo 360 35s at Cinebels, Bandra
Jamo 360 25s at Beats 99, Ghatkopar
Elac at Kripa Electronics, Santacruz (with the guy from Final Touch)

From the above, I didn't like Polk, Paradigm, Morel or Klipsh. Liked the Boston which was well within my budget but am told Boston has stopped supplying to India so no stocks available. Sort of liked Elac but loved the Jamo 360 35s. But unfortunately its way too expensive for me at 67k. The Jamo 360 25s is still affordable but I think the sub is slightly underpowered for my room size. Though when I heard it at Beats99 I liked it since I think the owner showed it to me with a bigger sub. Mr. Vikas at Cinebels which is the official distributer for Jamo told me he would never suggest the 360 25s to me as it would not suit my needs. A very helpful, knowledgeable and straightforward guy indeed.

So now I am back to square one and after all these auditions I do not know where else to go. Most places have only one model for demos and most often its not one you are interested in. Can anyone give me suggestions based on the above as to which speakers I should look for and where in Mumbai can I find them for demo.

There's Taga Harmony inMove at Hifi mart, Monoprice 10565 and Bic America 32 and Energy take classic at Avenue Sound. Not very sure about any of these.

I think with my needs I will have to go for the top end of my budget as only that may give my a more powerful sub. If only Jamo was a little cheaper :-(

Please give me suggestions.

Checked out Energy Take Classic at Avenue sound. Loved these but he's quoting 50k and not budging from there. Demo given by the person was very good and he was very helpful. But at this price level both Energy and Elac seem the same. Need your help to finalise. Should I look at Tannoy TFX too? That's also with Kripa Electronics but I don't know the price.

Please help me decide as to which would be the better choice.

Hi

If budget is a challenge and you need powerful speakers then see Hi Fi Ads or For Sale by owner,,,i am sure you will find something appealing....

hifiads.com/ads/hurry-5-1-speakers-7-2-marantz-3d-4k-avr-going-cheap

BIC America is good...the subs are vfm.....

Hi

If budget is a challenge and you need powerful speakers then see Hi Fi Ads or For Sale by owner,,,i am sure you will find something appealing....

hifiads.com/ads/hurry-5-1-speakers-7-2-marantz-3d-4k-avr-going-cheap

BIC America is good...the subs are vfm.....

I have checked out BIC America but I demoed it with Energy Take Classic so in comparison did not like it as much.

Am not keen on second hand, would rather buy cheaper but new. Thanks.

I have checked out BIC America but I demoed it with Energy Take Classic so in comparison did not like it as much.

Am not keen on second hand, would rather buy cheaper but new. Thanks.

The Shop
Plot no.195,D.N nagar Bldg No.35, New-Andheri Oshiwara Link Road., Andheri (west),Mumbai 400053
Tel:91 22 26204710/26204706/26237800
Mobile:9820654522 Mr.Jignesh Patel
[email protected]

Check with this dealer for Energy Speakers.
I got my setup for 51k which includes 2 pairs of polk tsx110B , tsx150C and psw110 subwoofer. Polk sounds extremely good for movies, however since you did not like Polk you can rule that option out. But do check out the new polk t50 package from profx, I heard it and its not really very bad considering the price. One dealer more is Fairdeal Electronics near crawford market, check with him for some good package, also his pricing is quite competitive.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back