Need Help with Projector Prices ( Panasonic AE4000, Epson 8350 or Optoma HD20 )

I am debating if I should put my Sanyo Z2000 Full HD LCD projector on sale, as I will be relocating and could probably buy one there. Would any of you be interested ? Bought in 2008, about 750 h. If there is any interest, I would then take the hassle of taking pics and opening a sale thread.

After Debating between so many projectors I have zeroed in on Epson 8350. I have placed an order for it Here in US and hopefully either will carry with me or Ship it out via a courier company to Bombay
Thank you for all for your suggestion and recommendation, You guys are simply great.
Will bother you all with more Queries for sure in future. :) Cheers

Sameer

Hello Sameer,

It may be better if you will carry because of the advantage that it will reach more safely and the opportunity to bargain or vanish the projector from eyes of customs.

V.

Last edited:
Does anyone know where can I get Optoma HD20 in grey market in Mumbai?

Contact details of vendor will be greatly appreciated.

Raghav

Thanks Karmic, how about ProjectorPeople ?
its giving away a free 25ft HDMI cable with the projector !!

I am almost on the verge or ordering this one.. so all feedback are welcome please...

Just an word of caution to all!!! Do not ship electronic goods as "Used Goods" thru DHL/Fedex/Vpost or any other means of shipping. Better put as new and ship it with less value. Let them decide the original value if it caught.

In customs used electronic goods are prohibited and it attracts penalty of minimum 5K + other taxes and duties. There are possibilities it may get confiscated and served notice and ultimately you will get it end up paying said charges.

Bringing by hand is our skill and talking with customs personnel.

are you sure of this ? If im not wrong customs will take the original value irrespective of the age of the item and charge accordingly (hence underinvoicing would not work). Same rule with cars etc .

Finally bought the Epson 8350 and had it Shipped from here in NY to Bombay by a local Courier Company. Also Bought a Mount from here & Had it Shipped along with the Projector. The Projector Has been Delivered to Bombay & hopefully it has reached without any damages done as I still have to install the Projector.
Previously I had Bought the Screen Innovations Sensations 110 Inch Motorized Screen from Amazon and Had it delivered Via the same courier Company but the Shipping charges were a lot for that, so would suggest anyone looking into getting a screen to buy it local from India. Plus the Screen is 110 W so need to buy an Adaptor for that too, Just too much Hassle.
Hopefully the Set up would be installed in few days and will post the pics when I get it done.
Thank you all for your suggestions as they were very handy. You Guys are really great beside being very informative. Hope to interact with you all in future and maybe meet few of them whenever I am in Bombay. Cheers

Sameer

Hi Sameer
Glad to know you've finally bought your projector and got it in one piece (I hope) in India. Will the projector be installed in a dedicated room or a living room? The Epson does have a lot of great reviews though personally I prefer the Panasonic AE4000. A couple of friends have it installed and it is simply AWESOME. Didnt have a budget for the 1020p or else I would have bought that.

If you are ceiling mounting the projector make sure you go for a single pipe ceiling bracket rather than the extendable ones. Don't forget to post the pics asap.:licklips:
Regards

Hi George,

Thanks for all the Inputs. I will be installing the Projector in my Living Room & not a dedicated home theatre room. I was planning on buying the AE4000 but thought that it would be better I go for the cheaper one as of now and wait for an upgrade of the Panasonic one later this year. And Anyway I won't be using it much as I am hardly in Bombay.
George, I think I have bought an single Rod Mount only. Btw this is the Mount I bought from Amazon Amazon.com: Atdec TH-WH-PJ-FM Telehook Universal Projector Flush Mount: Electronics .
I will post some pic when I head back to Bombay at the end of March or the first week of April. Take care & Thanks again for all the Valuable Inputs.

Sameer

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back