Need help with Subwoofer Purchase under 700$

Hello Nitin, a lot of what you are saying is basically what is on permanent repeat on AVS and I personally don't subscribe to it. I have experience with systems going to 10Hz and honestly feel that the frequencies below 20Hz are largely irrelevant having compared systems with and without a 20Hz HPF as well as using variable slopes from 6db/oct to 48db/oct filters, some content has bass in that range but most does not. Before you list a few consider the number you can list versus the amount of content that exists worldwide and the amount of content with frequencies below 20Hz is very small. You can of course EQ your subwoofer to emphasize what is there. One can visit data bass to see objective measurements and the PB3000 will likely be a bit behind the PB13 Ultra, compared to many other systems there (most of them DIY) the PB13 Ultra falls short. Most music will be fine with extension to 40Hz, but 35Hz works too. Some of the more modern electronic music would require about 25-30Hz. Pipe organs would be about 16Hz. As I have already mentioned the vibrations one feels are not solely from frequencies below 20Hz. You are most welcome to your views, I have already offered mine.

I have finally decided on these and need some final thought before I place an order.

The final cost is with local taxes + shipping

1. SVS PC-2000 - 1050$
2. SVS PB-3000 - 1550$
3. PSA V1512 - 1800$ (kinda over budget)

I could also go with one PC-2000 now and try getting another maybe in a couple of months from now. But that's 2100$ compared to the pb3000.

Monoprice seems to have QC issues with amps. Rest all are way over the volumetric weight or have ruled them out.

SVS said they will honor the unconditional warranty even if overseas in India. Just have to contact them directly.

I have finally decided on these and need some final thought before I place an order.

The final cost is with local taxes + shipping

1. SVS PC-2000 - 1050$
2. SVS PB-3000 - 1550$
3. PSA V1512 - 1800$ (kinda over budget)

I could also go with one PC-2000 now and try getting another maybe in a couple of months from now. But that's 2100$ compared to the pb3000.

Monoprice seems to have QC issues with amps. Rest all are way over the volumetric weight or have ruled them out.

SVS said they will honor the unconditional warranty even if overseas in India. Just have to contact them directly.

Hi generalxxxstark

Like Siju said, if you like the PB 3000 so much, then you can get one now & can always get the 2nd one later whenever funds permit.
I think the Monoprice & Rythmik 15 inch subwoofers may outperform SVS PB 3000 13 inch owing to a larger woofer & cabinet volume size. But they are big & heavy like you mentioned.
The email id for SVS customer service is below & you can ask them any query you have. Their customer service is topnotch.
[email protected]
On many occasions SVS director technology ED Mullen has responded to my queries for clarifications. You will get replies from them generally within 24 hours & they are honest people. Infact sometimes they have recommended a lesser spec subwoofer as per room size & tastes.
The official main SVS dealer in India is Audiophile India but their prices will be more than the local dealers with whom you can strike a deal for a lesser price. For getting from the US pls consider weight & customs too.

Audiophile India
C-15, Mansarovar Garden,
New Delhi-110015
Mr. Samay
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +919810003562

All the best.

Regards,
Nitin

Hello Nitin, a lot of what you are saying is basically what is on permanent repeat on AVS and I personally don't subscribe to it. I have experience with systems going to 10Hz and honestly feel that the frequencies below 20Hz are largely irrelevant having compared systems with and without a 20Hz HPF as well as using variable slopes from 6db/oct to 48db/oct filters, some content has bass in that range but most does not. Before you list a few consider the number you can list versus the amount of content that exists worldwide and the amount of content with frequencies below 20Hz is very small. You can of course EQ your subwoofer to emphasize what is there. One can visit data bass to see objective measurements and the PB3000 will likely be a bit behind the PB13 Ultra, compared to many other systems there (most of them DIY) the PB13 Ultra falls short. Most music will be fine with extension to 40Hz, but 35Hz works too. Some of the more modern electronic music would require about 25-30Hz. Pipe organs would be about 16Hz. As I have already mentioned the vibrations one feels are not solely from frequencies below 20Hz. You are most welcome to your views, I have already offered mine.

Hi Decadent_Spectre,
I respect your experience & views. I am not even debating that most of the LFE frequencies in movies are below 20 although some are. I also agree that a lot of the Vibrations are there above 20 hz frequencies too. But a lot of Lfe are below 30 Hz which a subwoofer with relevant specs should play loud & with control & composure.
My difference of view to your statement is only that the "PB 3000 cannot have significant output below 30 hz " which is not true. As per the graphs of Reference home theater you can see that the output is quite linear till 17 hz after which it starts sloping down. The ported SVS subwoofers are specifically tuned to play louder as the frequencies go lower till their port tuning where it drops off. Their frequency graphs are known to be very linear. I am also not saying SVS are the only companies who do it. There are HSU, PSA , Monolith etc whose ported subs do the same & they may be better at it.

I have the link with the CEA measurements for the PC 2000 which won't lie for frequencies below 30 hz which is less capable than the PB 3000 just to indicate that output below 30 hz till their port tuning point does not fizzle out.

Each one of us can have our own views but certain facts are objective with measurements to prove it. Peace.

Cheers,
Nitin

Significant output is relative. To me the PB3000 does not have significant output and compared to other more powerful subs, while compared to weaker subs or to other people the PB3000 may have significant output. Data bass shows 110db (approx) for the burst test results for the PB13 Ultra in 20Hz mode, is that significant to you? If so then it is simply a difference of how much output we consider significant. I'd agree that for modern movies there is significant content in the 20-30Hz band but the 30-60Hz band is more impressive to most people. Peace to you too :)

Significant output is relative. To me the PB3000 does not have significant output and compared to other more powerful subs, while compared to weaker subs or to other people the PB3000 may have significant output. Data bass shows 110db (approx) for the burst test results for the PB13 Ultra in 20Hz mode, is that significant to you? If so then it is simply a difference of how much output we consider significant. I'd agree that for modern movies there is significant content in the 20-30Hz band but the 30-60Hz band is more impressive to most people. Peace to you too :)

Well preferences can be subjective but comparison should be done on similar grounds below the 15 inch subs with similar amplification otherwise there can be no limits in comparison & go to JTR, Seaton & Mariana Deep trench. In that range there are many capable subs like the XTZ 12 edge, Rythmik LVX 12, Sunfire. I am sure the professional reviewers who have reviewed PB 3000 have a benchmark & expectations of the subs being reviewed with past experience. Anyways since the OP is very happy with it I guess that settles it.

There wasn't any reference to limits imposed by driver size or amplification, not even budget since the PB3000 exceeds the OPs original stated budget. If the OP is happy with it then that is great, however my post still stands.

Based on your choices and the fact that you've increased your budget, I'd give the Seaton Sound JS-12's (I have 2 currently on order) some very, very serious consideration:

Thank me later!

Based on your choices and the fact that you've increased your budget, I'd give the Seaton Sound JS-12's (I have 2 currently on order) some very, very serious consideration:

Thank me later!

Hi Liverpool since the cost is in the PB 3000 range, it is indeed a serious consideration. Best part is that it is very compact yet powerful. specs. Is there any dealer/service for Seaton or JTR in India ?

Thank me later!

I did read some good things about these. They seem to be on back order though.

Thanks, everyone for their Inputs and recommendations. I ended up purchasing the SVS PB-3000.

My Uncle brought it with him to Hyderabad and I just collected it today. Unfortunately, the body took some damage to the corners. It pretty much freaked me out when I first saw the damage. The top styrofoam broke into two exposing the front corners, my guess is something heavy was put on top of it and the fragile stickers did nothing to prevent that :confused:

IMG_6301.JPEGIMG_6304.JPEG

Although the glorious metal front cover probably saved it from taking any more damage. With the cover on, the edges seem less noticeable. Any tips to cover or repair the corners would be helpful at this point..

IMG_6306.JPEG

Coming to the audio quality and performance. First impressions, It sounds even better in my 15x12 room compared to the demo I took. I mostly listen to hip-hop and EDM and every song I threw at it, it blew my mind. The bass was deep and super punchy.

In the intro to Edge of tomorrow, it dug really deep and literally shook everything in my room and the Godzilla 2 intro threw air at me lol from the front two ports.

I'm more than satisfied so far, but I still probably need to employ some bass traps and put up some Rockwool panels around the room. I'm also interested to know if the sound path isolation feet can reduce the floor vibrations.

Thanks, everyone for their Inputs and recommendations. I ended up purchasing the SVS PB-3000.

My Uncle brought it with him to Hyderabad and I just collected it today. Unfortunately, the body took some damage to the corners. It pretty much freaked me out when I first saw the damage. The top styrofoam broke into two exposing the front corners, my guess is something heavy was put on top of it and the fragile stickers did nothing to prevent that :confused:

View attachment 43670View attachment 43671

Although the glorious metal front cover probably saved it from taking any more damage. With the cover on, the edges seem less noticeable. Any tips to cover or repair the corners would be helpful at this point..

View attachment 43672

Coming to the audio quality and performance. First impressions, It sounds even better in my 15x12 room compared to the demo I took. I mostly listen to hip-hop and EDM and every song I threw at it, it blew my mind. The bass was deep and super punchy.

In the intro to Edge of tomorrow, it dug really deep and literally shook everything in my room and the Godzilla 2 intro threw air at me lol from the front two ports.

I'm more than satisfied so far, but I still probably need to employ some bass traps and put up some Rockwool panels around the room. I'm also interested to know if the sound path isolation feet can reduce the floor vibrations.
Congratulations....welcome to the club.

With regard to your damage, it is really unfortunate. Shoot an email to svs. They might advice you something.

I am personally using svs soundpath for both my subs and it helps to some extent.

Cheers
Siju

Congratulations....welcome to the club.

With regard to your damage, it is really unfortunate. Shoot an email to svs. They might advice you something.

I am personally using svs soundpath for both my subs and it helps to some extent.

Cheers
Siju

I'll try the isolation feet then.

View attachment 43672

Congratulations on the pb3000...Yeah it's sad to see the damage..but I'm guessing it's just a cosmetic damage.
U can check with SVS guys for any rectifications option.
Enjoy the sub.

View attachment 43672

Congrats on your purchase, I am sure your neighbours must be feeling some mild tremors. The sound isolations do work & I don't feel any vibrations on the floor. Regarding the corners which have borne the brunt, pls try contacting SVS as suggested by Siju or the next best option would be to ask a skillful carpenter to touch it up.

Last edited:
Congratulations on the pb3000...Yeah it's sad to see the damage..but I'm guessing it's just a cosmetic damage.
U can check with SVS guys for any rectifications option.
Enjoy the sub.

Congrats on your purchase, I am sure your neighbours must be feeling some mild tremors. The sound isolations do work & I don't feel any vibrations on the floor. Regarding the corners which have borne the brunt, pls try contacting SVS as suggested by Siju or the next best option would be to ask a skillful carpenter to touch it up.

Fortunately, for me, I live in a corner apartment. But have to see what my downstairs neighbors will have to say in a week..

I've sent SVS an email, let's see what they suggest.

View attachment 43672

Congrats on the new svs 3000 sub. Pitty that its not been handled properly.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back