Need help with Subwoofer Purchase under 700$

Thanks, everyone for their Inputs and recommendations. I ended up purchasing the SVS PB-3000.

My Uncle brought it with him to Hyderabad and I just collected it today. Unfortunately, the body took some damage to the corners. It pretty much freaked me out when I first saw the damage. The top styrofoam broke into two exposing the front corners, my guess is something heavy was put on top of it and the fragile stickers did nothing to prevent that :confused:

View attachment 43670View attachment 43671

Although the glorious metal front cover probably saved it from taking any more damage. With the cover on, the edges seem less noticeable. Any tips to cover or repair the corners would be helpful at this point..

View attachment 43672

Coming to the audio quality and performance. First impressions, It sounds even better in my 15x12 room compared to the demo I took. I mostly listen to hip-hop and EDM and every song I threw at it, it blew my mind. The bass was deep and super punchy.

In the intro to Edge of tomorrow, it dug really deep and literally shook everything in my room and the Godzilla 2 intro threw air at me lol from the front two ports.

I'm more than satisfied so far, but I still probably need to employ some bass traps and put up some Rockwool panels around the room. I'm also interested to know if the sound path isolation feet can reduce the floor vibrations.
If the damage is not deep and just in the exterior its fine.If its cracked on the inside then you are in trouble.

Is it with wooden or tile/marble floors? I have marble flooring and worried it might not help as much according to their video.

Original post by Ed Mullen here - https://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-...cers/3063652-svs-sound-path.html#post57947564
I have tile floor.....as i said in my earlier post, it works to some extent, but will not make vibrations zero. I have a large glass area on left side of viewing area, which used to rattle with bass. I had to use cardboard paper to fill in the gaps of glass area to null the rattle.

Isolation Pads are only effective on wooden floors in reducing the vibrationsand it has no benefit over concrete floors. Moreover, It does not improve the sound signature of the subwoofer. Ed Mullen himself has confirmed it.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back