Need home theatre for 40k

Any specific AVR which sounds good for both music and movies? What about the impedance of speakers and AVR? Dont they have to be matched?

Possibly look at Yamaha AVRs......and most AVRs are capable to handle 4/6 ohms speakers....(auto calibration)...audition and decide with dealers around you

If you can make it for the AV Expo, it will help see multiple brands under one roof...

http://www.grandavexpo.com/home.php

Hi everyone ,

It's been so long that I finally purchased , My HT from audioholic praveen from chennai really amazed with his follow up

All the group members thank you for posting your valuable replies...

Finally brought,

Marantz 1509 and Elac cinema 5

Really good combination for 5.1 setup

Setup done I can't post pictures its saying too large
Its Simple ! send those images to other mobile phone thru WhatsApp .
AFAIK it will downgrade( resize ) after which u can send from that mobile to your mobile and see the downloaded size !!
But I never tried in in big screen about the image quality o_O

Hi

Set up done posting some picture

Attachments

• 20190915_121544.jpg
    20190915_121544.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG-20190914-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20190914-WA0000.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 53
Crackling sound coming from speakers after two days of usage dont know why

In stereo mode it rattle like anything no metal near by

Left and surround left

Left and surround left

Please check whether the positive wire from the relevant speaker goes to the positive connection behind the Marantz & the negative from the speaker goes to the negative of the receiver. If the problem persists then try swapping the speakers to see if it works.
Also in the Marantz receiver pls set the front speakers to " small " since you have a subwoofer.

Left and surround left

I saw the pics you have uploaded and it seems the speakers are mounted too high....ideally should not be more than 5-6 feet above the ground.

I do understand that there are limitations in placement due to the room size and available options....i too also am in the same boat....but i managed to tilt my speakers inwards which compensates....

What has happened:
  • Speakers are mini bookshelf or satellites, have been placed too High to get appropriately detected during setup phase
  • Audyssey facing challenges in detecting the speakers, have increased measures and levels for these speakers. Possible wrong or mixed calculations.....
  • Speakers with small drivers being placed too high, cannot be heard so it becomes a necessity for us to crank up the volume to 60 to 80% to hear them....thus forcing the drivers of these speakers to hard perform at breaching levels causing Jarring....80 watts max at 8 ohms ...which mean these speakers are 40 watts 8 ohms continuous......they can handle sudden outburst at loud volumes but not continuously.
  • Although Marantz seems to be quite a conservative AVR, it has raw power which gets unleashed ..especially in Stereo mode...lot of folks underestimate the Marantz.....50 watts at 8 ohms load and 70 at 6 ohms load..
  • Have you checked if the speakers are set as SMALL and not Large?
What can be done:

• If possible see if you can place the speakers a little lower. If they were proper bookshelf speakers, it could have been place more than 6-8 feet from ground level as they have bigger drivers to emit sound..(5 inch and above). If you are not able to get the speakers lower, see if they can be mounted on some swivel / tilt stands and try to make them facing inward towards the listening area.....
  • Center speaker in a Cinema / Movie Theatre is always behind the canvas screen....since you have a TV, ideal placement is just below the TV....if there are challenges, some place it just above the TV...
  • Run Audyssey setup again with the room as quite as possible after all placement is done and ensure that the setup Mic is place in the appropriate listening spot.
  • Never run the AVR on 60% or more volume as you will strain your speakers......ensure your sources are good and adjust the levels of sources accordingly (refer to Operating Manual on how to do it).
  • Bass Management should be only as LFE and not as LFE + MAIN given these are small speakers.....
  • Refer to Google Images for 5.1 speakers placement and Youtube too for optimal placement of Satellite speakers etc....
All the best!

I saw the pics you have uploaded and it seems the speakers are mounted too high....ideally should not be more than 5-6 feet above the ground.

I do understand that there are limitations in placement due to the room size and available options....i too also am in the same boat....but i managed to tilt my speakers inwards which compensates....

What has happened:
  • Speakers are mini bookshelf or satellites, have been placed too High to get appropriately detected during setup phase
  • Audyssey facing challenges in detecting the speakers, have increased measures and levels for these speakers. Possible wrong or mixed calculations.....
  • Speakers with small drivers being placed too high, cannot be heard so it becomes a necessity for us to crank up the volume to 60 to 80% to hear them....thus forcing the drivers of these speakers to hard perform at breaching levels causing Jarring....80 watts max at 8 ohms ...which mean these speakers are 40 watts 8 ohms continuous......they can handle sudden outburst at loud volumes but not continuously.
  • Although Marantz seems to be quite a conservative AVR, it has raw power which gets unleashed ..especially in Stereo mode...lot of folks underestimate the Marantz.....50 watts at 8 ohms load and 70 at 6 ohms load..
  • Have you checked if the speakers are set as SMALL and not Large?
What can be done:

• If possible see if you can place the speakers a little lower. If they were proper bookshelf speakers, it could have been place more than 6-8 feet from ground level as they have bigger drivers to emit sound..(5 inch and above). If you are not able to get the speakers lower, see if they can be mounted on some swivel / tilt stands and try to make them facing inward towards the listening area.....
  • Center speaker in a Cinema / Movie Theatre is always behind the canvas screen....since you have a TV, ideal placement is just below the TV....if there are challenges, some place it just above the TV...
  • Run Audyssey setup again with the room as quite as possible after all placement is done and ensure that the setup Mic is place in the appropriate listening spot.
  • Never run the AVR on 60% or more volume as you will strain your speakers......ensure your sources are good and adjust the levels of sources accordingly (refer to Operating Manual on how to do it).
  • Bass Management should be only as LFE and not as LFE + MAIN given these are small speakers.....
  • Refer to Google Images for 5.1 speakers placement and Youtube too for optimal placement of Satellite speakers etc....
All the best!
Dear sir,

Thank you for your reply , now i have already worried about the crackling sound so I like to change all the wire to Amazon basic 16 gauge wire before I used local wire setting all are changed

Marantz is really powerfull 50 watt output is on papers

Marantz have not compromise all quality I think so

They can easily handle tower speakers I think so

Dear sir,

Thank you for your reply , now i have already worried about the crackling sound so I like to change all the wire to Amazon basic 16 gauge wire before I used local wire setting all are changed

Yes the NR series is known to handle Dali Z7 tower speakers and was used for 2 years by our FM based in Bengaluru.

Its good to update the cables. helps in proper sound quality.

TRy the placement options where possible and then run audyssey again

Dear sir,

Amazon basic cables even though they sell as OFC I read few comments it’s not. Better go for C&E which is also available in amazon. Very good quality cables at a nominal price.

Dear sir,

Wait, you mentioned after 2 days. What happened in these 2 days? Had you run the auto setup before playing? Are all the speakers crackling or some of them?

It's better to know exactly why it happened before changing cables and all. Factory reset your receiver and Disconnect all cables, bring 2 speakers down to ear level and just play them from a stereo source. Start with low volume. Try recording it and posting it here.

Speakers should be at or close to ear level with rear surrounds not higher than 2-3 feet above ear level.

Amazon basic cables even though they sell as OFC I read few comments it’s not. Better go for C&E which is also available in amazon. Very good quality cables at a nominal price.
Havs you used C&E? I see a lot of them on Amazon, but no idea how they are. They seem like made in India and well made. I was actually interested in the 4 core version.

MaSh

Last edited:
Havs you used C&E? I see a lot of them on Amazon, but no idea how they are. They seem like made in India and well made. I was actually interested in the 4 core version.

MaSh
Hey mash I am using c&e cables. I haven’t used any other cables except for the thin wire that comes with the Yamaha Yht299 speaker package. I used them for few years and later changed to c&e after seeing some good reviews and also for the cost. They showed good improvements over the thin Yamaha supplied wires for sure. In the box it’s mentioned as made in China and not India.

Yes the NR series is known to handle Dali Z7 tower speakers and was used for 2 years by our FM based in Bengaluru.

Its good to update the cables. helps in proper sound quality.

TRy the placement options where possible and then run audyssey again
All are done sir,

Cables changed
Audyssey also run again
Change of speakers also changed from right to left and surround left to right

Still the crackling sound coming sir

What can be done

In surround mode crackling sound some times minimized

On stereo mode it crackling is like not pleasant to hear

Next thing is to try different speakers on the AVR.....then you will know for sure if the AVR is the one causing the fault...

Borrow someones speakers (proper speakers with known watts and impedance etc)

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back