Need Info on Panasonic Plasma + Home Theater Offer Validity

saikatbiswas82

I've checked in this forum that Panasonic is giving some offers on its plasma range. I came to know (from this forum only) that a Panasonic Home theater is available with a plasma purchase.

Based on the feedback I received, I decided to go ahead with Panasonic Plasma. Now, I need a tv with the following preferences/requirements:
1. I watch a lot of movies
2. Light could be controlled in my room
3. It should be HD (1080p) - strictly
4. It should be around 42 inches - (viewing distance is 8-9 feet. Please suggest me screen size)
5. 3d - optional (but I was thinking - would it be worth to watch a 3d movie in 42 inch screen? Guys please advise.)
6. Budget 60k (can be extended upto 5-7k - lesser the better :))

So guys please help me out to choose a tv. I've short-listed many over the period of time, but this time I giving it a fresh start and need your help.

Regarding the offer I have few questions as well:
1. Which models are tagged with this offer?
2. How long is this offer valid?
3. I found (in this forum) that the HT will be delivered after 40 days of mounting. Is it 40 days after wall-mounting or 40 days after purchasing?
4. Is the wall mounting installation free of charge from dealer?
5. Is this offer valid in Kolkata, West Bengal as well?

Looking forward for inputs from you guys. Please help me out.

One more thing. Is it worth to consider Sony Bravia LED over Panasonic Plasma? Please advise.

Last edited:
Let me try to answer some of your queries..............

1. I watch a lot of movies...........PLASMA WOULD BE GREAT
2. Light could be controlled in my room..........PLASMA AGAIN
3. It should be HD (1080p) - strictly..........UT50 WUD BE PERFECT
4. It should be around 42 inches - (viewing distance is 8-9 feet. Please suggest me screen size)...........YOU CAN EVEN LOOK AT 50 INCHES IF BUDGET PERMITS
5. 3d - optional (but I was thinking - would it be worth to watch a 3d movie in 42 inch screen? Guys please advise.).........DON'T HAVE MUCH CHOICE, ALL 1080P PANELS ARE 3D
6. Budget 60k (can be extended upto 5-7k - lesser the better )..........UT50 OR ST50 IF YOU CAN REALLY STRETCH BUDGET.

Since you can control the lights in the room, PLASMA is perfect.............in a dark room setting, plasma will look better than LED. Plasma is also generally better for 3D. Plasma scores over LED in Black Levels, Colour Accuracy and Viewing Angle. If you want to read about PLASMA vs LED, there are many posts on the same, to get you started:

Plasma TV vs LCD TV - Plasma TV Buying Guide

If you really want one of Panasonic's state of the art plasma's, suggest you to go for ST with neo pdp panel + infinite black pro.........some of the ground breaking technologies developed by Panasonic.

+1 to aakshar.

For 3D, the bigger the screen the better is the experience. But then this is true otherwise also but more so in case of 3D.

For 8' range, 50" is also good. The 50" diagonal screen is 45" in width. So good watching distance is 90" or 7.5 ft.

Go for UT50 since 1080p is strictly important to you. 42UT50 should be well within the budget whereas 50UT50 will be around 75K. TV is not something we buy everyday - hence stretch as much as possible today and relax (contract) later. ;) :D

Regarding free HT offer, as per another member of the forum (rajatk)

1. Which models are tagged with this offer?
HT offer is valid on all models except 50XT50.
2. How long is this offer valid?
Till 31-Aug-2012.
3. I found (in this forum) that the HT will be delivered after 40 days of mounting. Is it 40 days after wall-mounting or 40 days after purchasing?
40 days after the purchase, AFAIK.
4. Is the wall mounting installation free of charge from dealer?
Free of charge, if done within 1 month. Rs. 500 as service charges later.
5. Is this offer valid in Kolkata, West Bengal as well?
Yes. This is a Panasonic Pan India offer and not a local dealer offer. But surprisingly, this is not advertised anywhere.

no what i am asking is shall i go with the big screen fun or picture quality.. as UT has also produce good PQ
As you know, for a man, size matters but then so does output quality. :p :eek:hyeah: ;)

No seriously. You should check the pieces out. Perhaps 50UT50 may appeal more or vice-versa.

no what i am asking is shall i go with the big screen fun or picture quality.. as UT has also produce good PQ

this depends on what contents you are gonna watch on it if you are into bluray / HD stuff the extra 8 inch will overshadow the better PQ of ST50, while SD will look worse on bigger screen size

then if possible tell me the best price for 42ST50 & 50UT50 as i am going to showroom today for negotiation & demo

Hi Arun,
Kindly share your post audition experience with both 42ST50 & 50UT50. I will be eagerly waiting for this. Also, please share the pricing details as well.

I've one request. If possible please take some HD (1080p) contents with you. Some fast moving sequences like race sequence in "Cars" movie or "Terminator 2"/"Matrix" HD promo or something like it.

ST30 vs. ST50: Main differences

Note: for all practical purposes there is very little difference

G14 Progressive Full-HD NeoPlasma --> G15 Progressive Full-HD NeoPlasma
6,144 equivalent steps of gradation --> 12,288 equivalent steps of gradation
600 Hz Sub-Field Drive --> 2500 Hz Sub-Field Drive
Dedicated 3D Eyewear: 1 --> 2
Wi-Fi Ready --> Wi-Fi built-in
No Web browser --> Web browser built-in

ST50 has more Smart TV features (which many may not care).

this depends on what contents you are gonna watch on it if you are into bluray / HD stuff the extra 8 inch will overshadow the better PQ of ST50, while SD will look worse on bigger screen size

I agree..if 50% or more of what you watch is SD - I would caution you to be a bit careful with larger TVs - my 50 inch plasma SD looks very muddy and I was forced to move my Sofa 2 feet behind. I think LCD/LED make SD look better with their artificiality, brightness and crisper images. my 2 cents

I agree..if 50% or more of what you watch is SD - I would caution you to be a bit careful with larger TVs - my 50 inch plasma SD looks very muddy and I was forced to move my Sofa 2 feet behind. I think LCD/LED make SD look better with their artificiality, brightness and crisper images. my 2 cents

@arnprasad... what is your current viewing distance BTW?

I don't agree. Today I had gone to Brandshop and watched the SD content on both XT plasma and some new LED TV. I haven't noticed any dissimilarity between them excluding its own inherent basic properties.

I don't agree. Today I had gone to Brandshop and watched the SD content on both XT plasma and some new LED TV. I haven't noticed any dissimilarity between them excluding its own inherent basic properties.

What was the screen size - 42"?

Since you have been a LCD user, do you think SD/HD channels look better on LCD/LEDs & the Plasma is probably not made for them or is it that you think it just takes sometime to get used to viewing on Plasma and then works like a charm...

You watched it on what screen size - 42"?

@arnprasad... what is your current viewing distance BTW?

I disagree.............I watch SD on my 50inches from a distance of 8ft and still looks better than my other LCD tv's which I have in the house. I would say SD would look better on plasma. 8ft is perfect for watching HD and for SD the distance should be more but even at 8ft there is no pixelation or any noise.

I disagree.............I watch SD on my 50inches from a distance of 8ft and still looks better than my other LCD tv's which I have in the house. I would say SD would look better on plasma. 8ft is perfect for watching HD and for SD the distance should be more but even at 8ft there is no pixelation or any noise.
It is a matter of perception and getting used to. I have always maintained the opinion that LED is slightly better for Cable/DTH while plasma a lot better for movies.

Also arnprasad is watching picture on slightly large screen. At closer distances, SD artifacts will be more apparent. It is also possible that arnprasad has some "image retention" in his mind about the pic quality on LED (please excuse the pun, prasad; hope you don't mind).

But after a few days and if arnprasad repairs his Samsung LED and watches side by side, then he may form a better opinion.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back