Need Inputs: Planning to buy Samsung 43F4100 (Joy Series) 43 Inches ED PDP Televisio

gudu

Need Inputs: Planning to buy Samsung 43F4100 (Joy Series) 43 Inches ED PDP Television

Hi everybody,

Am planning to buy Samsung 43F4100 (Joy Series) 43 Inches ED PDP Television. [dealer has quoted 32900 as final price, is it the best price?]

There are two variants available here, another one is..

Samsung 43H4100 43 Inches Plasma Television [dealer has quoted 30900, is it the best price]

My questions:

How to check number of hours played on this set. As dealer is having only demo set.

Of the two which one to buy?

Is there any catch here as plasma tv production i heard is stopped.

Please give your valuable inputs.

Re: Need Inputs: Planning to buy Samsung 43F4100 (Joy Series) 43 Inches ED PDP Telev

the catch is the non availability of replacement parts in future, make sure you buy the extended warranty for the maximum years available. At least you will get the depreciated amount back in case they don't have spares
I am still waiting for a month for the parts for my 2010 samsung plasma 50c550

Re: Need Inputs: Planning to buy Samsung 43F4100 (Joy Series) 43 Inches ED PDP Telev

Don't buy 4100. It is not even 720p resolution. It will fall short in performance.
Go for 4900 or above.

Check the resolution figures in Samsung website for 4100 and 4900.

Samsung 43F4100 is an older model while 43H4100 is 2014 model...There shouldn't be much difference other than the fancy "power saving mode" in the latest models...

Samsung & LG are still producing Plasma TV's.. Recently Panasonic quit making Plasma models.... You are better with Samsung/LG Plasma TV's.. As other FM has pointed out, get extended warranty....

Go for the H4900 if you're going with Samsung. Check the dedicated thread here : http://www.hifivision.com/television/51999-samsung-43h4900-plasma-ownership.html

Last quoted price is 42.9K. If you're that budget, go for it. If not, go for LG 42PN4500 which will be ~32K.

Samsung is quitting the plasma business and if you face any problem in warranty period and Samsung couldn't get you another pne, you'll end up with a LED. But LG will be in business for another year or so. Availability of parts won't be an issue.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back