Need opinion for floor standing speakers

nightcresendo

Hello audiophiles..i am new this forum. I need an opinion for purchasing floorstanding speakers for my living room. I have shortlisted q acoustics 3050i, dali spektor 6 and wharfedale diamond 11.3. I dont want a too bright sounding speaker. My current gear consits of Sony stdr7050, polk cs series centre channel and sony bookshelf speakers ( from my old cd/cassete hifi system) amd yamaha subwoofer. As of now i want to upgrade to floorstanding hence need an opinion about the above 3. Hoping to get answers who have listened at home to get the practical aspect. I like a bit of warmer sound and mainly focus on music.
Also i am from kolkata, so also need some help of shops within kolkata where these speakers may be available so if needed i can go and audition them.
Thanks a lot in advance.

The Qacoustics 3050i are bass heavy , do treble and mids quiet decently. You will need a good amount of space from the rear wall to make sure bass doesn't play spoilsport. The wharfedale are known to be laidback and would pretty much fir your requirements as per your description.

Also have a look at the Gold Achal and Platinum Achal offering from IndiQ , they are excellent vfm at their respective price ranges. Have heard the platinum Achal and they really punch well above their price point and are well balanced overall. You get a 15 day return window if you don't like any aspect of the same and also can also choose the finish as per your choice of decor.

Hello audiophiles..i am new this forum. I need an opinion for purchasing floorstanding speakers for my living room. I have shortlisted q acoustics 3050i, dali spektor 6 and wharfedale diamond 11.3. I dont want a too bright sounding speaker. My current gear consits of Sony stdr7050, polk cs series centre channel and sony bookshelf speakers ( from my old cd/cassete hifi system) amd yamaha subwoofer. As of now i want to upgrade to floorstanding hence need an opinion about the above 3. Hoping to get answers who have listened at home to get the practical aspect. I like a bit of warmer sound and mainly focus on music.
Also i am from kolkata, so also need some help of shops within kolkata where these speakers may be available so if needed i can go and audition them.
Thanks a lot in advance.

Welcome to the forum!

It'd be easier for forum members to guide you if you can give the budget. Regarding auditions in Kolkata, I will be able to assist you.

Welcome to the forum!

It'd be easier for forum members to guide you if you can give the budget. Regarding auditions in Kolkata, I will be able to assist you.
Thank you..
Yes my budget is within 70k for floorstanders only. Later on i would think to upgrade my centre channel.

The Qacoustics 3050i are bass heavy , do treble and mids quiet decently. You will need a good amount of space from the rear wall to make sure bass doesn't play spoilsport. The wharfedale are known to be laidback and would pretty much fir your requirements as per your description.

Also have a look at the Gold Achal and Platinum Achal offering from IndiQ , they are excellent vfm at their respective price ranges. Have heard the platinum Achal and they really punch well above their price point and are well balanced overall. You get a 15 day return window if you don't like any aspect of the same and also can also choose the finish as per your choice of decor.
+1 from me. 3050i has a very narrow sound stage and bass heavy as well. One needs to play with placements to get the best from them. Check out the Achal’s from Indiq or Paradigm M6000.

Thank you..
Yes my budget is within 70k for floorstanders only. Later on i would think to upgrade my centre channel.

If your budget is less than 1L it doesn’t make much sense going for floorstanders, unless you are buying used (which is always an excellent option on this forum ) - the sound won’t be to your liking.

If you are decided , then you can visit Harmonie Audio , Wattfeffects, Auditro, Sollfege and ProFx for audition.

I dont want a too bright sounding speaker. My current gear consits of Sony stdr7050, polk cs series centre channel and sony bookshelf speakers ( from my old cd/cassete hifi system) amd yamaha subwoofer.
What's the Room Size?
Q Acoustics Concept 40s are a very good option They'll shine with power amplification & Xtz 11.1 are pretty good for your requirements with lots of customization options.

If you are OK with buying slightly used ones, this is a great deal and in the ballpark of your budget.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Don't go for Spector 6. Go for Oberon 5 instead. After discount, should be around your budget. Oberon is much more refined and advanced than Spector series. Dali offers a more balanced and neutral sound as compared to some other brands.

Visit Auditro in Park Street(opposite to Park Street Reliance Digital). The owner stocks almost every reputed brand like Dali, Q Acoustics, Sonodyne, Fyne Audio, Marantz, Anthem, NAD, Denon to name a few. I had my system from here. The owner Mr. Mittal did not push me towards more expensive options and even allowed me two auditions when my initial budget was less than half the price I finally paid!

Then there is S K S traders in Behala(Roy Bahadur Road). Talk was in advance stages but then the quote from Auditro! I had later came across a few not so good feedback about this place. But worth a visit.

Sollfege in Garcha(Ballygunge Circular road) used to deal in Wharfedale and Focal. But I did not like this place to be honest as I was not even allowed to visit their demo room. I was talked to in the reception and was given a lot of gyans.

Pro Fx in Hindustan Road(Gariahat). I auditioned the Polk Audio TL 1600 there and instantly discarded it. Still the gentleman insisted with other speakers from Polk. Also, the owner was more inclined towards talking about pricier options - this was frustrating.

Harmonie Audio in New Alipore(just beside Hindustan Park). The pricing was literally non negotiable. Though the elderly gentleman who owns the shop is a music lover.

All the above references are based on my experience only and I don't have any personal or professional feeling towards or against any of the places.

Keep hunting. Trust your ears! Please let me know if I can be of any more assistance.

Thanks for your detailed write up. It will surely benefit FMs in Bengal to audition and buy rigs of their choice. In audio domain listening is believing. So if any enthusiast finds a good place for audition prior to buying anything , he will be benefited. As regards Auditro the owner is a fine gentleman and knowledgeable too. This year I decided to visit the store and then this pandemic totally destroyed everything. I contacted the owner through WhatsApp and all my queries were answered. Yes, Auditro is an Audiophile's destination because one can have more than one option there.
Regards

Don't go for Spector 6. Go for Oberon 5 instead. After discount, should be around your budget. Oberon is much more refined and advanced than Spector series. Dali offers a more balanced and neutral sound as compared to some other brands.

Visit Auditro in Park Street(opposite to Park Street Reliance Digital). The owner stocks almost every reputed brand like Dali, Q Acoustics, Sonodyne, Fyne Audio, Marantz, Anthem, NAD, Denon to name a few. I had my system from here. The owner Mr. Mittal did not push me towards more expensive options and even allowed me two auditions when my initial budget was less than half the price I finally paid!

Then there is S K S traders in Behala(Roy Bahadur Road). Talk was in advance stages but then the quote from Auditro! I had later came across a few not so good feedback about this place. But worth a visit.

Sollfege in Garcha(Ballygunge Circular road) used to deal in Wharfedale and Focal. But I did not like this place to be honest as I was not even allowed to visit their demo room. I was talked to in the reception and was given a lot of gyans.

Pro Fx in Hindustan Road(Gariahat). I auditioned the Polk Audio TL 1600 there and instantly discarded it. Still the gentleman insisted with other speakers from Polk. Also, the owner was more inclined towards talking about pricier options - this was frustrating.

Harmonie Audio in New Alipore(just beside Hindustan Park). The pricing was literally non negotiable. Though the elderly gentleman who owns the shop is a music lover.

All the above references are based on my experience only and I don't have any personal or professional feeling towards or against any of the places.

Keep hunting. Trust your ears! Please let me know if I can be of any more assistance.

Basuda owns Harmonie Audio. He is a knowledgeable gentleman and is a genuine person. He also stocks good pressings of jazz and rock vinyls.

I had a chance to visit Auditro without any appointment. Surprisingly the only person present couldn’t help me with anything, said the owner was out. Stocked gear was varied. Will visit again.

What's the Room Size?
Q Acoustics Concept 40s are a very good option They'll shine with power amplification & Xtz 11.1 are pretty good for your requirements with lots of customization options.

If you are OK with buying slightly used ones, this is a great deal and in the ballpark of your budget.
The XTZ is a fantastic deal indeed.

Thank you Barun for the insightful explanation. Yes I have been to Auditro and was very much impressed with the shop as well as the owner Mr Mittal. I am also in continuous touch with him exploring options. He has actually given me the models to think about on the sam budget. And your feedback just confirmed that. I have auditioned Dali as well as Q Accoustic. Dali was a too bright to my liking but again listening for that small amount of time in a sound treated demo room and at home is quite different so thought that if anybody has tested it at their home. Another person suggested me about Q Accoustic concept 40, but again that is too far from my budget. In future I am thinking to get a better amp and sub hence now don't want to spend too much on speaker. But happy about the feedbacks I received.

Thanks a lot in advance.
As i have discussion & ur requirement & budget, i feel sound is individual taste so as specified by u QA3050I is decent one to buy in price point its UK Brand & well reviewed in all HIFI & audifiles forums..
I have seen indian Brand IndiQ Audios is very much better option as one of my FM suggested u for this brand. its very good for u to try at hoem & see how good it performs & zeal ur taste. If not interested u can return with question asked tahts the great part of this brand & confident of the brand ppl. Heard not even single product returned till date all r satisfied with their quality & o/p.
Spending on brands & repenting later we can better try & buy i feel better option.
Cost wise its affordable & comes with 3 yrs warranty & support is very good by them.

As i have discussion & ur requirement & budget, i feel sound is individual taste so as specified by u QA3050I is decent one to buy in price point its UK Brand & well reviewed in all HIFI & audifiles forums..
I have seen indian Brand IndiQ Audios is very much better option as one of my FM suggested u for this brand. its very good for u to try at hoem & see how good it performs & zeal ur taste. If not interested u can return with question asked tahts the great part of this brand & confident of the brand ppl. Heard not even single product returned till date all r satisfied with their quality & o/p.
Spending on brands & repenting later we can better try & buy i feel better option.
Cost wise its affordable & comes with 3 yrs warranty & support is very good by them.
Very rightly said.
Based on feedback from forum members , I purchased IndiqAudio platinum Achal towers (about 6 weeks back) paired with Denon 3500.
I am extremely happy with the sound quality of platinum Achals. They are doing magic in all frequency ranges. They are very sensitive and reproduces very sweet sound on even very mild volume.
On very mild volume , every frequency (low to high) comes out crystal clear.
In day time when I can raise volume a bit , it become more sweeter , I can listen them hours together , no ear fatigue at all.

Very rightly said.
Based on feedback from forum members , I purchased IndiqAudio platinum Achal towers (about 6 weeks back) paired with Denon 3500.
I am extremely happy with the sound quality of platinum Achals. They are doing magic in all frequency ranges. They are very sensitive and reproduces very sweet sound on even very mild volume.
On very mild volume , every frequency (low to high) comes out crystal clear.
In day time when I can raise volume a bit , it become more sweeter , I can listen them hours together , no ear fatigue at all.
How much u have bought for ?PM me pls

Thank you Barun for the insightful explanation. Yes I have been to Auditro and was very much impressed with the shop as well as the owner Mr Mittal. I am also in continuous touch with him exploring options. He has actually given me the models to think about on the sam budget. And your feedback just confirmed that. I have auditioned Dali as well as Q Accoustic. Dali was a too bright to my liking but again listening for that small amount of time in a sound treated demo room and at home is quite different so thought that if anybody has tested it at their home. Another person suggested me about Q Accoustic concept 40, but again that is too far from my budget. In future I am thinking to get a better amp and sub hence now don't want to spend too much on speaker. But happy about the feedbacks I received.
I have dali lektor 6 .I'm very much happy with its sound signature.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Hi,

Welcome to HFV.

I am sure you will find all the required advice and guidance by browsing the various threads and forums we have which have been contributed by our experienced fellow members over time.

All the best and Happy Browsing!

Hello,
Since you are planning to use the floorstanding speakers for music you have to do as much audition of different speakers as possble. It is absolutely critical to identify a pair that matches your requirement, which you are ready to live with for a long time. I spent sometime visiting Hifi dealers in Cal in 2019 and it wasn't a very good experience. However the situation could be different now. Try to find out if any dealer is willing to offer you a home trial of speakers and if required look for hifi stores outside of calcutta.

I am not going to get to the speaker brands as I am not very familiar of what's currently available in India and its price range but I would advise you to focus on a few foundational work that will be very critical for building an enjoyable listening environment. Whatever speaker you end up choosing would not sound as good if your listening room is missing following foundational components.
1. Room Acoustics
2. Speaker placement
3. Clean AC power
4. Vibration Control
Each one is a full blown subject by itself. The idea is not to give you any specific recommendation on these items, which without your room layout and other relevant details is not possible, but to make you aware such that you can plan your upgrade in the correct order.
In any case wish you good luck for your current speaker upgrade project.
Thanks

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back