• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Need recommendation on a new headphone.

• Thread starter Deleted member 45006
  • Start date
Wharfedale EVO4.4 Speaker
D

Deleted member 45006

I sold my (beloved) AKG K551, in a stupid moment! Now, I need to move on with a new solution. I seriously loved them, except for the size. It was too huge(like a helmet, for my head size), which made me sell them. Now, can anyone recommend something else smaller than them which might sound like them. I understand there are lot of expensive options and my budget will be 15k. I have tried b and w p5 series 1, p3 and sennheiser momentum over ear 1 and 2. Didn't find any of these transparent, as the AKG. I m not a bass lover. I like neutral voices, rhythmic bass, and always wider soundstage is a prime thing. Is there any beyerdynamic which I can consider? How about ath m50x? I am not open to open back, as I listen only to headphones only on the go. Source is a fiio x3 gen 1.

karthi1000

I sold my (beloved) AKG K551, in a stupid moment! Now, I need to move on with a new solution. I seriously loved them, except for the size. It was too huge(like a helmet, for my head size), which made me sell them. Now, can anyone recommend something else smaller than them which might sound like them. I understand there are lot of expensive options and my budget will be 15k. I have tried b and w p5 series 1, p3 and sennheiser momentum over ear 1 and 2. Didn't find any of these transparent, as the AKG. I m not a bass lover. I like neutral voices, rhythmic bass, and always wider soundstage is a prime thing. Is there any beyerdynamic which I can consider? How about ath m50x? I am not open to open back, as I listen only to headphones only on the go. Source is a fiio x3 gen 1.

sir, dont mistaken me ,if u r missing akg so much,,,, buy the same again :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 45006

That's the stupid part. I got it on a sale for 70 euros. Sold for 70. And now every other person who wants to sell, has put it on more than 90. And morover its not available.(here in Germany)

D

Deleted member 45006

sir, dont mistaken me ,if u r missing akg so much,,,, buy the same again :)
I did that today. This time, there was no deals, and got the black instead of that funny white I had previously. Its not the best our there, but the best I can afford. I didn't find the same details elsewhere, though it sounds a bit thin.

karthi1000

sir same thing happened to me i sold samsung s4 in a moment after a week i felt that was stupid , i bought a new s4 ......that was a year ago:)