Need recommendation Yamaha YHT 2910

veekee

Hello Experts,

I am planning to buy Yamaha YHT 2910, but I am unsure if it is good enough for my room size of 12X20 feet.
This will be connected to a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 USB Sound Card via optical cable, basically to play HD media from my laptop.

I don't plan to use it with the TV at the moment. For video I am going to use my Sharp DLP projector (screen size 8X8 feet).

My max budget is 60K.

Is it worth if I replace the front two speakers with Yamaha NS 8390?

Please advise. Thanks

If you are more in music then it is worth replacing the fronts with Yamaha NS 8390 or Pioneer sp-fs52. Also I think it should be ok for the room size.

Thank you for the reply. Where in Bangalore can I buy YHT 2910? Reliance digital does not have this model.

Thomsun Music house or call up other ht stores from justdial..might have to wait a bit but you will enjoy once you upgrade the fronts

Not much difference but for virtual cinema front,that you wont use if you place rears at the rear end and DC out in front that is ipod as well as yamaha accessory compatible(bt adapters etc) and if anyways you str8away want to upgrade fronts then try for 299 save a couple grand there and use it for the speakers..buy both from the same place nag the person and get a good deal...Enjoy

The DTS and Dolby difference shown by website is not correct, both have same decoding capabilities, also do loss less audio decoding. Check out detailed specification side by side on the Yamaha India website for both.
The main differences are 299 gets 2 optical inputs and a composite video input in front, while 2910 does not get video input in front and has 1 optical input.
As Appys suggested get the cheaper one, both are almost same and upgrade the fronts.

Last edited:
Correct Decoding capabilities are the same..as for flac or apple lossless or any other such audio media decoding these won't do that as they would play only mp3 off the usb input..299 is definitely vfm..if its sealed and new go for it save money and buy the fronts and buy a rug or something for some acoustic treatment

very much and nice information on this thread...
i really happy to read..
thanks for all.
o.png

By the way one awesome stuff this avr can do, playing lossless WAV format audio via usb. Rip audio cd with windows media player in lossless wav format and enjoy lossless audio via usb. I am not sure why Yamaha does not mention this in feature list. (My rx-v375 does so should yht299)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back