Need Reviews inorder to purchase LCD -SONY W550A

Hi All - Just wanted to clarify if 32 W550A uses AMVA or SPVA Panels..??Howz the PQ on SD..?
Has one got an hand on 32W550A ? Howz the performance..? Is it true that this model has bleeding / clouding issues..??

Just confused - should I go for 40" or 32" with W550A . Which one would be better to plunge in...

PLZ Advise with expert comments and experiences...

well the W series appears to have a SPVA panel,PQ is great by far the best 32inch lcd,SD content is good but it will look a fraction less sharp then a HD ready tv like the S550A,but the W550A makes with higher contrast and motion resolution.
as far as clouding its like a lottery,if ur luck is bad u might get a tv with clouding issues,even if clouding is there 90% of the people will not notice it unless u are sitting in a room with No or dimmed lights,even then its only if u hunt for it , in a scene that is pitch dark .

Thanks Adder !!!! Im must say Ur the master on this Forum :thumbsup:

Buddy - I didnt get on ur comment PQ is great by far the best 32inch ?Did u mean considering PQ is best to be viewed from far in 32''..??

Well im in dilemma - shud I go for 32'' or 40'' ? Wht wud u reccomend?Which one is performing well and has less issues..? I have my mind set on this but -Is it worth to buy this piece?? is this W550A best Series excluding X/ Z series regards to budget. IS there any recommendation in SONY series should I eye into...? Plz advisee..

Buddy - I didnt get on ur comment PQ is great by far the best 32inch ?Did u mean considering PQ is best to be viewed from far in 32''..??

Well im in dilemma - shud I go for 32'' or 40'' ? Wht wud u reccomend?Which one is performing well and has less issues..? I have my mind set on this but -Is it worth to buy this piece?? is this W550A best Series excluding X/ Z series regards to budget. IS there any recommendation in SONY series should I eye into...? Plz advisee..

i mean to say overall is the best 32inch,interms of performance.

well regarding 32inch and 40inch ,well the 40inch has higher contrast,not to mention the bigger size,but mostly it depends on ur viewing distance and budget.

well there is another series called WE5 which consumes nearly 50% less power,but performance is similar to W550A,not yet launched in india.

Yhaa . We5 hasnt even launched at our end . There are no takers of We5 to put forward on their experience.I even heard their backlight system is complete different than normal LCD series in SONY , this is coz this LCD is an energy saver Brand.

Getting back to W550a.. there is lot of complaints of bleeding/clouding more in 40'' compare to 32''. How is it performing in INDIA..?? Anytakers or out puts from owner who have purchased 40'' & 32'' - W550a....

is it a best buy...??

Yhaa . We5 hasnt even launched at our end . There are no takers of We5 to put forward on their experience.I even heard their backlight system is complete different than normal LCD series in SONY , this is coz this LCD is an energy saver Brand.

Getting back to W550a.. there is lot of complaints of bleeding/clouding more in 40'' compare to 32''. How is it performing in INDIA..?? Anytakers or out puts from owner who have purchased 40'' & 32'' - W550a....

is it a best buy...??

well clouding hasn't been reported much in india and asian models,i haven't seen them on the various sony lcds that i have seen .the once sold in india and other MEA,SEA countries are manufactured in thailand or malayasia.the US models are assembled in mexico so each have their own OEMs providers for backlight ,other electronic components,body/bezel etc.

the backlight on WE5 is called HCFL(hot) vs CCFL(cold) in other lcds.

HI Adder - is it for sure there is an option for switching off 100motion flow for gaming and there wont be any input lag or response delay..?? Is this feature available on W550
Awell there will be a slighty delay even after switching off 100hz which in game mode it is disabled automaticaly.the input lag in game mode is on par with most lcd monitors which plenty of people do gaming with,so it won't be a issue.

i dont want to create a new thread, so asking my question here itself

People talk input lag when connecting lcd to PS3 or Xbox. Is there a input lag when connected to PC also (using lcd at its native resolution) via DVI/HDMI cable?

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back