Need some basic info.....

kulwhiz

Hi Guys,

Can anyone tell me the difference between an amplifier and an receiver. Case in point is "Yamaha RX-V465 AV Receiver" and "Yamaha Amplifier RX-V465 iCOD".
Also for a basic home setup ... please recommend me which of these should i be buying and the benefits associated with it..

Also any info on any stereo amp within this budget will also help

Rgds

a power amplifier is the part that amplifies the sound and sends it out to the speakers. if you add a pre amp to it in the same chassis then it becomes an integrated amplifier. the pre amp processes the signals and will have dolby, dts etc depending on what it is meant for. if you add a tuner to the product (radio receiver) it becomes a receiver. in amplifiers you have generally have a stereo setup which is two channel for music and a 7.1 setup which is for surround sound.

what would you be using it for. movies / music. what type of music do you listen to. whats the rest of your setup

Want to have a setup for a 10*12 room.. Music, Movies 70:30..... Music type Bollywood, english rock

if you mostly are going to use it for music then all you need is a stereo integrated amplifier and a set of speakers and a source. what is your budget. do you already have the speakers

if i may add here so late , what would be best -- to buy an amplifier alone and all the rest of the things seperately or a receiver (amp+tuner) ?

if i may add here so late , what would be best -- to buy an amplifier alone and all the rest of the things seperately or a receiver (amp+tuner) ?

depends what you what to use it for and what is your budget. if you've got a BIG budget then you go for separates if not an integrated or a receiver is good. difference in sound is negligible esp up to a mid level system

Adding a tuner at a later stage does not look a good idea. By going for receiver while you save money, also will save the hassles of wires, extra remote etc.
Further, the current receivers are AV receivers which besides audio signal also receive and process video signals. RX-V465 is also one such receiver.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back