need some mid budget seakers

Sandip Das

Hi. I'm new in hfv. Some urgent suggestions needed. I'm confused to decide a good bookself or floorstand speker for my luxman l114a amp. Room size 11.5 x 13.5
Budget around 50 to 70k used and new both suits me

"
Hi. I'm new in hfv. Some urgent suggestions needed. I'm confused to decide a good bookself or floorstand speker for my luxman l114a amp. Room size 11.5 x 13.5
Budget around 50 to 70k used and new both suits me "

thats a weird budget split . 50 -70k on a used speaker and around10k worth amp, which isnt that powerful. Anyways I think you need to look into some really efficient options if you want to use this amp. I couldnt drive a floor stander well with my old L116a well. Also the amp isnt the best resolving as the bigger luxmans. I think if you are looking for used one there is a q acoustics concept 20 in the sales forum. The amp will be struggling for floorstanders.

"
Budget around 50 to 70k used and new both suits me "

thats a weird budget split . 50 -70k on a used speaker and around10k worth amp, which isnt that powerful. Anyways I think you need to look into some really efficient options if you want to use this amp. I couldnt drive a floor stander well with my old L116a well. Also the amp isnt the best resolving as the bigger luxmans. I think if you are looking for used one there is a q acoustics concept 20 in the sales forum. The amp will be struggling for floorstanders.
Tnx for your reply.. but i auditioned tannoy m 7.4 with my amp. they drive well but the sound signature of tannoy not suits me..

Budget around 50 to 70k used and new both suits me
What kind of music do you listen to?

Tnx for your reply.. but i auditioned tannoy m 7.4 with my amp. they drive well but the sound signature of tannoy not suits me..

Driving well and getting loud enough without loosing composure are 2 different things.. Also the amp doesnt resolve alot to utilize the resolving capabilities of above 50k speakers but you can still get the tonality advantage of those speakers for future upgrades. since you are convinced about the amp consider the Piegas on sale here . They have a very nice treble extension and that is something which Luxmans are quite good and can take advantage of. I think you should try that out considering it is still under warranty. By the way heliumfight, how did you source piega in India?

Resolution and depth is all that matters. Have you heard Piega before? I bought it from India distributor - Bass n treble.

Resolution and depth is all that matters. Have you heard Piega before? I bought it from India distributor - Bass n treble.

Have you heard Piega before? Yes, at shows. but not in any home. To me their best engineered speakers are the aluminium cabin'ed ones. What I really liked is the treble which is sparkly yet non fatiguing. I was at the Münich Hi end this year, and had a demo of the ones and they arent much different from the older ones. Just found 2 pics on my phone from the show ;) I had listened the ones with the normal AMT tweeter at a store before. They all have the similar house sound. The higher models have the tweeter crossed to lower frequencies giving the advantage of using the fastest driver in the box(tweeter) to handle more making them a peppy speaker.

Attachments

• 20180511_165523[1].jpg
    20180511_165523[1].jpg
    314.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 20180511_164922[1].jpg
    20180511_164922[1].jpg
    421.6 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
If you want to stick to the Luxman amp, consider Qacoustics Concept 40, available at Bengaluru ; at 90db efficiency they shouldn't be very hard to drive, getting highly sensitive bookshelf speakers with decent bass is a bit tricky. So search for sensitive floorstanders in my opinion.

What's your location? Ideally you should carry your amp for auditioning the speakers, Vintage amps need good pairing.

Hi sandip...just my 2 cents here...

There are a plethora of speakers manufacturers around the globe. And they have loads of speakers at common price points. And everyone seems to be selling enough of them, to stay in business. And the reason is that each person's hearing is unique, just as unique as our pallet.

So auditioning is the best way out. And to narrow down the list of speakers to be audtioned, it would be helpful to know the type of music you prefer. So that experienced forum members can suggest the right speakers to try from their experience.

If you want to stick to the Luxman amp, consider Qacoustics Concept 40, available at Bengaluru ; at 90db efficiency they shouldn't be very hard to drive, getting highly sensitive bookshelf speakers with decent bass is a bit tricky. So search for sensitive floorstanders in my opinion.

What's your location? Ideally you should carry your amp for auditioning the speakers, Vintage amps need good pairing.
Recently audition the quad 11L classic and it's match so well with my amp. The bass was tight and suiteble. Treble are contorlled. Well sounds stage. I'm planning quad 12l classic but the speker need 50 watts minimum. Suggest me between 11l classic vs 12l classic

Recently audition the quad 11L classic and it's match so well with my amp. The bass was tight and suiteble. Treble are contorlled. Well sounds stage. I'm planning quad 12l classic but the speker need 50 watts minimum. Suggest me between 11l classic vs 12l classic
Both are completely different speakers. If you liked the 11 then stick to it, plus it will match better with your amp

But 12l biger driver attract me. But confused there spec with my amp
Sir, unless you do not hear the 2 side by side, you will not be able to differentiate hence you can only go by what others have heard. I share my experience of both after hearing side by side, beyond this cannot help you. Sorry about that.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back