Need speakers like the Bose Acoustimass 5

Infact cables do make a small difference at least they give you some mental peace if you care for it.
I got Monster for 60/meter 16AWG so search a little bit for cables as well.

Well, I don't know yet. I was considering the latest Pioneer 1910 that receive great reviews everywhere. If you can recommend something that will be great.

One question I have regarding these speakers is that as someone has said in this thread, that placement is critical. Is it true for these speakers?

Well omni directional speakers like mirage or nanoset doesn't care much about the direction of the placement (not the placments of speakers) but normal speakers should be kept according to the seating position. More you can find here SpeakerSetup

Doors666

Mids & Highs suck??? Very strange. I find every aspect about the speaker system truly stunning. Anyways I won't argue with your experience. Each person has individual taste but then we both like the ATP3 so I fail to understand why you don't like the Bose model in discussion.

NGD

Since you have asked; here are some book shelf speakers you must audition.

Tannoy Mercury F1 Custom - Probably the most recommended book shelf speaker on this forum when your on a budget.

Pulz Status 202 (Earlier know as RS B4). I have this book shelf speaker system & it is simply awesome.

Norge New Millenium Speakers

Wharfedale Diamond 9.2

KEF C3

Polk Audio Tsi 200

Hi,

Another BOSE owner here!!!........ and it's for my PC, not the ACM5 but the Companion 3 series II, bought it for 16K in mumbai............ and the SQ is really fantastic for stereo usage........you can never compare it to Altec Lancing, Creative, Logitec etc.....and all other desktop speakers for SQ, leaving the price point aside.
I really enjoy my music on that. Apart from pricing, bose is not a bad choice IMO.

cheers

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back