Need Stereo amplifier for Mission QX-2

Why don't you check Norge? They are very good VFM amplifier makers from our own country. We have some one recently bought Norge and given very good feedback. Please search for Norge in the forum, you may get valuable information.
Thanks, yes m aware @ norge, will search a bit more on it.

Discussing the same thing on two threads can be confusing. For the benefit of members and for constructive feedback, am posting on this thread too.

Tested the DAC output to my Crown XLS 2502 and they work fine both with the 1.4 and the .755 sensitivity setting. I however, prefer the sound from the DAC to my Tube-pre and to the Crown XLS 2502.
Thanks for ur kind help

If you can up your budget a bit you could even look at the Rega Brio amp posted in the classified section.

MaSh

Discussing the same thing on two threads can be confusing. For the benefit of members and for constructive feedback, am posting on this thread too.

Tested the DAC output to my Crown XLS 2502 and they work fine both with the 1.4 and the .755 sensitivity setting. I however, prefer the sound from the DAC to my Tube-pre and to the Crown XLS 2502.
I haven't tried the crown yet with my DP-02. Something was off with the tubes when i tried with the PM6006 - bass was all bloated though the mids and top end was nice and mellow. I got myself GE ones from Riverstone Audio but i haven't tried them yet.

I haven't tried the crown yet with my DP-02. Something was off with the tubes when i tried with the PM6006 - bass was all bloated though the mids and top end was nice and mellow. I got myself GE ones from Riverstone Audio but i haven't tried them yet.
Please try the GE with the DAC and Crown and let us know what you think. I like this combination.

Great. How much does Norge 1000 cost?
What are your thoughts on sound quality of amplifier?
I had purchased Norge 1000 for 13.5k + 750 shipping charge (to Bangalore) one and half years ago. I sold it to a friend of mine last year. It was my first stereo amplifier and sounded excellent with lots of power. Used it with pioneer floor standers fs52. Excellent combination. But I never connected a DAC into that system. If you use any budget DACs like schiit modi, KTB it will sound even better.

I had purchased Norge 1000 for 13.5k + 750 shipping charge (to Bangalore) one and half years ago. I sold it to a friend of mine last year. It was my first stereo amplifier and sounded excellent with lots of power. Used it with pioneer floor standers fs52. Excellent combination. But I never connected a DAC into that system. If you use any budget DACs like schiit modi, KTB it will sound even better.
Thanks. Which one are you using now?

You have it too? Its a terrific budget speaker, aint it? Just the right amount of everything.

what do you think about the build quality?
Yes, today received the courier. Hifimart sent through FedEx. Packaging is nice. Watched the review in next big thing studio channel on YouTube and just ordered it. Huge upgrade from my earlier pioneer fs52 and mission lx2. Now lx2 are working as surrounds. The Looks and Build quality are simply top notch. I kept those beauties on some bulky iron wall stands. Should buy 2 nice glass stands for mounting them. 28000 is just so good and lot less money when compared to their build and sound quality. Its a happy purchase overall.

Yes, today received the courier. Hifimart sent through FedEx. Packaging is nice. Watched the review in next big thing studio channel on YouTube and just ordered it. Huge upgrade from my earlier pioneer fs52 and mission lx2. Now lx2 are working as surrounds. The Looks and Build quality are simply top notch. I kept those beauties on some bulky iron wall stands. Should buy 2 nice glass stands for mounting them. 28000 is just so good and lot less money when compared to their build and sound quality. Its a happy purchase overall.
Thats great. Huge upgrade over the lx2 for not so much more money. Its the speaker to buy if you want overall sound quality with great musicality and aren’t finicky about any particular sound signature or one quality over all others.

its got the right dose of excitement (mostly attributable to the treble), good midrange and vocals, a deep soundstage and impeccable fit and finish except for those horrendous magnetic grills. Then again, you wouldn’t want to hide that gorgeous fascia with any grills in the first place.

I don’t think the overall sound quality that the QX2s produce can be improved up convincingly to justify an upgrade by spending less than 1L. You’ll not need to upgrade for a very long time and can focus on other components of the system.

On another note, Im glad this speaker is finding many new happy homes. Such a great product needs to be recognised rather than being relegated to the throngs of obscurity. Its the sub 30k speaker to beat.

Last edited:
Congrats on your purchase! Happy Listening!

Please Post your experience, with a video if possible!

I'm a bit unclear with the replies (since there are a lot of combos mentioned), so what exactly is a good setup with these speakers? What all do I need minimum (for decent sound)?

I'm a bit unclear with the replies (since there are a lot of combos mentioned), so what exactly is a good setup with these speakers? What all do I need minimum (for decent sound)?
dude, for the requisite budget, your options are rather limited:

1. Marantz NR1509 (cuz it has preouts and out of the box also, it has liveable stereo performance)
2. hdmi to optical splitter with a Marantz pm6006
3. Yamaha WXC50 paired with a stereo amp (something like a Norge/Crown/Marantz) or WXA50.
4. Marantz NR1200 or Denon DRA800H

No point going for a cheap AV receiver without Pre outs because you just won't be able to make peace with the stereo performance and cannot attach a power amplifier later to add to the performance either. Save up and make a one time purchase..

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back