Need subwoofer price & dealer details

Subbiya

Hi

Avenue Sound is the official dealer for BIC America....I heard BIC America and they are indeed bang for the buck subs with good performance...

Hello All,

Sorry,Even I need SVS PB1000 please advice. Looking for best price.Kindly suggest.

Thanks

Hi

There are many brands out there so go audition and shortlist what appeals to you in performance, appearance and budget

Hi All,

Thanks for your reply, I spoke with one of the guy in htstore, he said he can give PB1000 for 52K & Impact 12 for 32K. Please tell whether it is a good deal or not. What about polk 660 or 550, I have planned for audition this weekend with profx. Now I'm confused whether to choose Impact 12, Polk DSW 660, BIC F-12. or should purchase PB1000 (need to consider the price.)

Polk DSW has better low frequency response than Impact 12. BIC F-12 looks good, but the watts is lower powered. I'm also expecting subwoofer owner's reviews.

Also please suggest me whether the above price is ok or over priced.

Hi

There are a lots of factors that make each subwoofer unique....don't ride by the fact of output watts alone...there is the cone size, port design etc etc....

Home theater subwoofers buying guide

https://www.audioholics.com/subwoofer-setup

If your listening area is within 250sq ft an 8 inch sub will do.....if more than 250sq ft to 350sq ft...10 inch. Rooms bigger than 400sq ft use 12 inch woofers...this is just typical recommendations....output, port design and placement also count...also some who love a lot of bass would prefer a large sub in a small place...

There are a lot of links available in google which describe the role of a subwoofer which is primarily to blend with the other speakers and output the frequencies which are not performed by the fronts and other speakers....technically it should not be too boomy like a club unless you are looking out for something like that and can handle the neighbours....

Take your time, audition a couple of brands and make an informed decision....if you can audition certain brands, least you can do is read reviews of the same via google or see some YouTube videos....

Hi,

I'm planning to place this sub in hall it's about 13*27". Price wise I'm looking around 30k. BIC F12 or Velodyne Impact 12 is in my mind. the problem is, I cannot audition both of them, I don't see any shop have this one in chennai.

Also in my onkyo Tx-Nr828 the spec for watts is mentioned as below, which one to consider whether this will affect the subwoofer watts.

130 Watts/Channel @ 8 ohms (FTC)
180 Watts/Channel @ 6 ohms (IEC)
215 Watts/Channel @ 6 ohms (JEITA)

Hi

The subwoofer has its on amp and hence its own output...the BIC F12 should be good enough for the area specified.

Your AVR has good enough power to drive decently Towers, Bookshelf speakers etc....

BIC America is providing 7 years warranty...I have heard it...better see a You Tube video to understand its size...its huge front firing with a port at the rear...

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. In chennai, I see no shops that sells BIC F12, but in the forum somewhere I saw, BIC F12 is not good for music. I usually often listen to music (50/50). so this will not be the good choice for me ? My alternative choice, is to go with velodyne Impact 12. Please suggest.

I am happy owner of Velodyne Impact 12, been using it for some time. 9/10 for movies and 7/10 for music. Audition is the key, trust your ears, find out what pleases you. There is lot of positive talks about SVS Subs, but still some feel it otherwise, hence its purely a personal choice.

Hi,

SVS would be the second option due to it's price range. BIC F12 specs shows good low freq. response than Impact 12. I'm not able to find any store for BIC F12 audition.

I suspect here that the SVS 1000 version is overpriced in htstore. I saw it for 42K now it is showing 55K.

also try the rythmik subs sold by avenue sound. These are great subs and the price is also very competitive. For comparison, The SVS PB13 ultra and Rythmik FV15HP are almost similar in output, depth and clarity, but you can buy the Rythmik for 1.24lakh while you have to spend more than 2 lakh for the SVS. So, the value for money factor goes to the Rythmik rightnow.

Hi All,

I'm planning to buy BIC America F12 & Import through borderlinx.

http://www.amazon.com/BIC-America-F...id=1464388135&sr=8-1&keywords=bic+america+f12

I calculated the shipping & other cost (includes customs charges) in the borderlinx website that comes around 9536.00 INR. So the total cost would be 23900.00 INR.

Previously I have a plan to buy it from avenuesound but now it looks the prices are very high. for F12 it was around 32K+ now it was 42700.:mad:

Any suggestions on this ? Please....

Thanks.

Back