Need Suggestion for Android Media Player

Will one media player will be able to access another
Media player if both on android ? I want to connect one media player to my tv and access other media player source which is connected to another tv,
Both on same wifi/network

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will one media player will be able to access another
Media player if both on android ? I want to connect one media player to my tv and access other media player source which is connected to another tv,
Both on same wifi/network

I think we already has that discussion ... a long one too, and you said that Himedia has SMB installed and enabled by default, and I said ....... "If you can access Himedia HDD from a windows PC on the same network, then yes SMB is working and a simple ES explorer on the other android media player should give you the access "

So Guess the ans is yes if the above condition is fullfilled ... :)

PS :: YOu must be having a Android phone at your home right, who not just try with that, if you can access Himedia files from Android phone using ES Explorer, then you can do that with an Android player as well.

Last edited:
True and yes we had so was trying to get views on m8s pro which is android based and cheaper solution rather than buying another himedia q8 or so

do you have an Android phone .. if that works in all probability m8s will also ....

Any one can help to decide between himedia q5 pro or minix neo

Have bought Amkette Evo TV2 for 6.3 K. I have not explored all options yet. Just checked Youtube cast and Mirroring my cell phone screen. Works well for me.

Does anyone know about how the "XIAOMI 4K Mi Box H.265 Android 6.0 TV BOX" is -

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Official-International-Version-for-XIAOMI-4K-Mi-Box-H-265-Android-6-0-TV-BOX/32763245427.html?spm=2114.10010108.1000023.1.T4ezkD

It is listed at $99 currently but was at $79 last week - expecting that it will sell at that price again during year end sale.

HiMedia Q5 Pro also seems like a good option (for $149 on Amazon.com).

I'm currently using Rasp Pi with OpenElec but it does not support H.265 - so planning to dedicate it for Audio use and am thinking of getting a decent H.265 Android/Kodi box for video.

Any other suggestions (< $200 range) that are better than Q5 Pro?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Off...45427.html?spm=2114.10010108.1000023.1.T4ezkD

It is listed at $99 currently but was at $79 last week - expecting that it will sell at that price again during year end sale.

I'm currently using Rasp Pi with OpenElec but it does not support H.265 - so planning to dedicate it for Audio use and am thinking of getting a decent H.265 Android/Kodi box for video.

If your budget is close to $200 then check for Himedia Q10 Pro

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Off...45427.html?spm=2114.10010108.1000023.1.T4ezkD

If you are comfortable with screwdriver and circuit boards (since you have used RPi) then check out the Odroid C2 board. Its description says:

"H.265 4K/60FPS and H.264 4K/30FPS capable VPU"

I believe it is well supported by the Arm Linux distros, Kodi, etc.

I too was on a hunt for a board which could do H.265 at one point, and couldn't find anything other than the C2. Now I find that the OrangePi also claims H.265 deciding support.

My problem with the C2 was dearth of accessories. I wanted to get a good hi-res digital audio stream out of that board, but couldn't find anything. The RPi family, on the other hand, has plenty of audio output choices.

It may be necessary to finally use something like the C2 +Kodi for video and RPi +DAC + Volumio for audio. Hope some of you have better ideas.

If your budget is close to $200 then check for Himedia Q10 Pro

Earlier I thought the only difference in Q5 Pro and Q10 Pro was the HDD bay - but after researching further, the following are the additions in Q10 Pro (based on info on futek)-

* internal 3.5" HDD bay, * 8GB vs. 16GB storage, * front touch buttons, *coaxial digital audio port.

So seems like an good option.

Btw, all of my current HDDs are 1tb external USB (WD/Seagate) drives. What all are the advantage we get by using the internal bay - Fast access? Cheaper drives? But then how do we copy stuff on to that - hopefully they would be accessible locally via WiFi from other machines?

What is the best place to buy Q10 Pro? Futek ($202)? Are there any India dealers? AliExpress is somehow showing it for $299 - don't know why they are charging ~$100 more.

If you are comfortable with screwdriver and circuit boards (since you have used RPi) then check out the Odroid C2 board. Its description says:

"H.265 4K/60FPS and H.264 4K/30FPS capable VPU"

I believe it is well supported by the Arm Linux distros, Kodi, etc.

I too was on a hunt for a board which could do H.265 at one point, and couldn't find anything other than the C2. Now I find that the OrangePi also claims H.265 deciding support.

My problem with the C2 was dearth of accessories. I wanted to get a good hi-res digital audio stream out of that board, but couldn't find anything. The RPi family, on the other hand, has plenty of audio output choices.

It may be necessary to finally use something like the C2 +Kodi for video and RPi +DAC + Volumio for audio. Hope some of you have better ideas.

Yes, decently comfortable with a circuit boards. But off late lack-of-spare-time has been an issue. So will look at the Odroid C2 option but may settle for something ready like Q5/Q10. Btw, just based on quick initial check - Odroid C2 does not seem to have enough community support yet (compared to Rasp Pi).

Another one that I think I will check on is Minix Neo U1.

Yes, decently comfortable with a circuit boards. But off late lack-of-spare-time has been an issue. So will look at the Odroid C2 option but may settle for something ready like Q5/Q10. Btw, just based on quick initial check - Odroid C2 does not seem to have enough community support yet (compared to Rasp Pi).

Another one that I think I will check on is Minix Neo U1.
Community support: I agree. Nothing beats RPi on community support.

Received the item and it works beautifully.. I have played an mkv file of 15GB and the player played it without a hitch.. No overheating as of now.. Build quality is good for the price..

I am also interested to buy this type from tinydeal.com.
Is that plays 7.1 dts hd master audio frommkv file without any lag? and confirm also playability of 3D files?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back