Need suggestion for Seagate GoFlex Home

gurucahaithanya

Hi Hifians,

Need your inputs about Seagate GoFlex Home 2TB NAS.

I am yet to purchase it, offered price is Rs 8099 with 2 years Warranty.

Was looking for a NAS drive with torrent functionality. Torrent client is not available by default but I searched and found that OpenStora (custom firmware) can provide a torrent client named Transmission.

Is the price OK and anyone has first hand experience. Is there any better option at this price range (or 1K more) which has built in torrent client.

Last edited:
Hi - did you get a response to your query, and did you finally buy the drive? I have unfortunately bought it without much prior research, and am now struggling to get it to run bittorrent independently. Any suggestions / feedback would be greatly appreciated!

I would instead look at the D-Link DNS-320 ($100) / 325 ($180) NAS enclosures and get the drives separately. You will get better features and inbuilt torrent support and other stuff too. They have 2 bays that can expand to hold up to 4 TB of data, perhaps more as support increases over time for 3 TB drives.

http://sharecenter.dlink.com/products/DNS-320

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back