Need suggestion on Subwoofer and rear speakers

vbutani

My current system includes Dali Zensor 3 front speakers and Elac B5 as surround with Denon x2300 AVR.

Please suggest budget subwoofer options for my system available in India(Pune) around 20k.
My living room is 9' x 14', please suggest subwoofer size.
As I am planning to keep in corner of wall and has some congested space, shall I buy downfiring sub as there is no space available in front of the sub. I can keep it 8" from backside wall.

Please suggest rear speakers which can match my system.

Many thanks.

since you are using z3 you can add z1 for rears which will be a perfect match. Up your budget by 6k nd you can get the Yamaha sw300

My current system includes Dali Zensor 3 front speakers and Elac B5 as surround with Denon x2300 AVR.

Please suggest budget subwoofer options for my system available in India(Pune) around 20k.
As I am planning to keep in corner of wall and has some congested space, shall I buy downfiring sub as there is no space available in front of the sub. I can keep it 8" from backside wall.

Many thanks.

You need to look at subs which can go more lower by at least 10hz or more than your front speakers........in some cases...you may need to up your budget a bit if you want a nice compact sub which can fit in those tight spaces.....

Rear speakers based on your budget and placement options, you can look at Dalis, Polks, Taga, Yamaha etc....

Audition and decide.......

Many thanks.
Having mixed and matched several speakers, my experiences say that all speakers must always be from the same brand and model, if you could afford it. Otherwise, you would be spending a lot of time adjusting the channel levels with perceivable sound variation across the speakers. The subwoofer is an exception- you could have some leeway with that. For Dali Z3s, the Z1 should be the closest match as someone else mentioned.
I would disclaim anyway that you ears are the best judges :)

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back