Need Suggestions and Help:Dolby Atmos Speaker Systems

KRISH_HYD

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum. I am planning to set up Dolby Atmos Speaker Systems ( 5.1.2 ).

But initially planning to set up 5.1 Speakers and latter 2 Ceiling Speakers.

So need suggestions and views on AV receivers and Speakers. My Living Room Size 13x25 ft.
My requirement is 70% Music and 30% Movies.

Initially i visited couple of stores in Hyderabad and after that i thought of the below combinations.

? AV Receiver: YAMAHA RX-V583 / Onkyo TX-NR575
? Tower Speaker: YAMAHA NS-F160
? Center Speaker: Yamaha NS-C210BL / JBL Arena 125C
? Sub-Woofer: Yamaha SW300 / BIC America F-12
? Surround Speakers: Sonodyne Bi-Polar

My Budget is 1.2 Lac. Request for views and suggestions.

Thanks,
Krish

Hi...

Need valuable suggestions..

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum. I am planning to set up Dolby Atmos Speaker Systems ( 5.1.2 ).

So need suggestions and views on AV receivers and Speakers. My Living Room Size 13x25 ft.
My requirement is 70% Music and 30% Movies.

Initially i visited couple of stores in Hyderabad and after that i thought of the below combinations.

? AV Receiver: YAMAHA RX-V583 / Onkyo TX-NR575
? Tower Speaker: YAMAHA NS-F160
? Center Speaker: Yamaha NS-C210BL / JBL Arena 125C
? Sub-Woofer: Yamaha SW300 / BIC America F-12
? Surround Speakers: Sonodyne Bi-Polar

My Budget is 1.2 Lac. Request for views and suggestions.

Thanks,
Krish

From your list Yamaha RXV 583 and BIC F12 seems fine to me. But avoid Yamaha Speakers. Look at Polk RTI/Signature series, ELAC Debut series, Taga, Boston Acoustics, etc for better experience.

Just a small thought, for 70% music do you really need Dolby Atmos setup? A stereo setup can do the job. Or if you are unsure you can start with an AVR and two fronts speakers for now and build later as required. In that case you can spend on a much more musical AVR, like Marantz SR 5012.

My Budget is 1.2 Lac.

Look for lease expensive AVR.. I think Pioneer VSX 932.. Approx 50K.. https://www.hifimart.com/pioneer-vsx-932-av-receiver.html?search=pioneer&description=true

But if you can get hold of any Atmos / Dts X capable 7.2 AVR under 50K, then fine..

My Living Room Size 13x25 ft.My requirement is 70% Music and 30% Movies.

Your rooms seems large.. Look for adding dual identical subs.. Taga are easy on budget - https://www.hifimart.com/taga-harmony-tsw-120-v-2-active-subwoofer.html?search=Taga&description=true

For 5.0 speakers, consider Taga platinum series..

For Fronts + surrounds - https://www.hifimart.com/taga-harmony-platinum-s-90-sl-bookshelf-surround-speaker-pair.html?search=Taga&description=true

For center - https://www.hifimart.com/taga-harmony-platinum-c-90-sl-center-speaker.html?search=Taga&description=true

You can complete AVR + 5.2 set-up.. Later when you have budget, you can add ceiling speakers..

From your list Yamaha RXV 583 and BIC F12 seems fine to me. But avoid Yamaha Speakers. Look at Polk RTI/Signature series, ELAC Debut series, Taga, Boston Acoustics, etc for better experience.

Just a small thought, for 70% music do you really need Dolby Atmos setup? A stereo setup can do the job. Or if you are unsure you can start with an AVR and two fronts speakers for now and build later as required. In that case you can spend on a much more musical AVR, like Marantz SR 5012.

Thanks for your suggestions...Actually Ceiling Speakers are future plan...
Please suggest any specific Model for FS,Centre Speakers, Subwoofers..

Thanks,
krish

Look for lease expensive AVR.. I think Pioneer VSX 932.. Approx 50K.. https://www.hifimart.com/pioneer-vsx-932-av-receiver.html?search=pioneer&description=true

But if you can get hold of any Atmos / Dts X capable 7.2 AVR under 50K, then fine..

Your rooms seems large.. Look for adding dual identical subs.. Taga are easy on budget - https://www.hifimart.com/taga-harmony-tsw-120-v-2-active-subwoofer.html?search=Taga&description=true

For 5.0 speakers, consider Taga platinum series..

For Fronts + surrounds - https://www.hifimart.com/taga-harmony-platinum-s-90-sl-bookshelf-surround-speaker-pair.html?search=Taga&description=true

For center - https://www.hifimart.com/taga-harmony-platinum-c-90-sl-center-speaker.html?search=Taga&description=true

You can complete AVR + 5.2 set-up.. Later when you have budget, you can add ceiling speakers..

Thanks a lot for the inputs and suggestions....

But in Hyderabad issue is Demo...Everyone is giving Demo with B&W or KEF or POLK or DAVIS...Going Over Budget..:sad:

Thanks,
Krish

Thanks a lot for the inputs and suggestions....

But in Hyderabad issue is Demo...Everyone is giving Demo with B&W or KEF or POLK or DAVIS...Going Over Budget..:sad:

Thanks,
Krish

Don't worry if you can't demo a product.. You are not loosing anything..

The products you mentioned have significant prices.. Just one/two speakers from any of these brands can eat your FULL budget..

I understand this would be your first set-up.. So skip the demo, back yourself and take the decision.. important thing is to stay as much as possible in your budget & not end up with only AVR + 2.0 speakers :)..

The products you mentioned have significant prices.. Just one/two speakers from any of these brands can eat your FULL budget..

I understand this would be your first set-up.. So skip the demo, back yourself and take the decision.. important thing is to stay as much as possible in your budget & not end up with only AVR + 2.0 speakers :)..
Rightly said... I don't have the budget that much to buy the speakers they are giving Demo.....Thank you so much...

Thanks,

Krish

Sent from my RNE-L22 using Tapatalk

elangoas,

In terms of value for money and quality, I have shortlisted the following combinations. Could you please let me know which one is better?

TAGA HARMONY PLATINUM S-90 SL Front/Rear Speakers (Skipping Platinum S-100 for rear speakers. I think, rear speakers handle only <15% of movie. Any advantage of using S-100?)
TAGA HARMONY PLATINUM C-100 CENTER SPEAKER
BIC AMERICA PL 200
DENON AVR-X1400H RECEIVER

BOSTON ACOUSTICS A25 or A 26 Front/ Rear speakers
Boston Acoustics M Center Channel Loudspeaker
BIC AMERICA PL 200
DENON AVR-X1400H RECEIVER

I can buy above speakers from Himart. Which is the best site to buy DENON avr and wall mount brackets for front, rear and center channel?

All the wiring is already done with good quality cable for 5.1.4 layout. Any other items are required?

KRISH: As discussed, Dealer is Optimus in KPHB road number 1. He has demo room with taga harmony speakers, jamo and dali.

It is opposite prime hospital, above SBI.

elangoas,

In terms of value for money and quality, I have shortlisted the following combinations. Could you please let me know which one is better?

I can buy above speakers from Himart. Which is the best site to buy DENON avr and wall mount brackets for front, rear and center channel?

Either Taga (or) BA should do fine.. If you choose speakers with wall mount provision, you can avoid stands/wall mount brackets.. Think all the Taga speaker models mentioned by you has wall mount capability..BA center doesn't have..

Hi..

Please suggest whether I should take help of Showroom person for installation or can do it myself.. As they are saying its chargeable approx 5K...

Thanks,
Krish

Sent from my RNE-L22 using Tapatalk

Hi Friends,

Thanks for the inputs...I have purchased and installed my new Speakers and AVR.....

FS: Wharfedale 230
Centre: Wharfedale 220
Surr: Wharfedale 10 DFS

AVR: YAMAHA RX V683....

Need one suggestion...Right now i am using direct Power Connection from Power Board...Do i need any Stabilizer/ Surge Protector/ Power Conditioner ( Suggested by the Store @ 11K Furman )...

Please Suggest..

Thanks,

Krish

Hi Friends,

Thanks for the inputs...I have purchased and installed my new Speakers and AVR.....

Need one suggestion...Right now i am using direct Power Connection from Power Board...Do i need any Stabilizer/ Surge Protector/ Power Conditioner ( Suggested by the Store @ 11K Furman )...

Please Suggest..

Thanks,

Krish
Very likely, buy a good quality voltage stabilizer (copper wound) with surge protection and fairly good operating range, 140 to 230v preferably.

Very likely, buy a good quality voltage stabilizer (copper wound) with surge protection and fairly good operating range, 140 to 230v preferably.

Thank you Mandeep...Can you please suggest any specific model of Sabilizer..It will be great help.

Thanks..

hello all!

I have a pair of small cube speakers (dual cubes), 30W hanging from my ceiling. have thought of changing them to different speakers having different form, and 50-70W power. i'll be getting them from SMDAudio, Navi Mumbai. will go to take an audition soon.

but, are 2 pairs of ceiling spkrs really reqd to experience atmos well?

P.S. - I shall post some pics of the new ceiling speakers later on.

Hi Friends,

Please Suggest..

Thanks,

Krish

Hi Krish,

Congrats for the new setup and I am sure you would enjoy the setup. Better to have a stabilizer and surge protector.
Using v-guard crystal plus and belkin.

Where did you mount the 10 DFS? Please also post your review/impressions.

@KRISH_HYD - you have DFS10 speakers? nice! I used to have them. now I have got bipolars for the rear. would like to hear your impressions about the DFS, and also how you have placed them.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back