need suggestions for 55 inch TV urgently -Toshiba U7980 ??

For me Alexa controls a smart plug, which turns on the firestick4k, Firestick can in turn switch on and off my non smart tv via CEC. Play pause etc work flawlessly on the fire tv with alexa. I wonder if without an ir controller, if todays tv sets can be directly switched on or off by alexa as that'd mean aomething is always on. Started using the 16amp switch for geyser too these days.

For me Alexa controls a smart plug, which turns on the firestick4k, Firestick can in turn switch on and off my non smart tv via CEC.
Thats a nice way to make it externally triggered. Are you powering it via independent brick or using USB from TV?
But TV also has to be powered right for it to "wake" based on CEC call from Firestick?
Play pause etc work flawlessly on the fire tv with alexa.
With which apps? Only Prime video or other ones as well. I am curious on this.
You're voice controlling via Mic on Remote or via other Speaker - in built Far field or Echo Dot etc?
I wonder if without an ir controller, if todays tv sets can be directly switched on or off by alexa as that'd mean aomething is always on.
True. Least power hungry device for use as control trigger
Started using the 16amp switch for geyser too these days.
Which one? I was looking through AMZN IN and considering some.

Not much idea about far field mics. Most TVs or boxes(firestick, Google TV etc) have mics on the remote.
Yeah but its a pain to find / reach for remote for small quick play pause rewind/ fwd when occupied with other things.

A lot of time I am watching some TV or Docu or Videos etc, I try to get some errands out of the way.. but at those times I am moving or handling things and would like to have "voice control"

Thanks Blasto, Got x95G not for 85k but 2k more. The dealer recommended q70R compared to x9000h, but in the end got this. Checked the usage, everything is fine. Thanks for all your inputs. Hope to get OLED next time.

@cooltoad - Needed your inputs on the Voice Control - via HandsFree far field mics on your TV - Can you please share?

Yeah but its a pain to find / reach for remote for small quick play pause rewind/ fwd when occupied with other things.

A lot of time I am watching some TV or Docu or Videos etc, I try to get some errands out of the way.. but at those times I am moving or handling things and would like to have "voice control"
In that case, just connect the TV to a Google home/Alexa speaker. Those have far better far-field mic capabilities than crappy TV microphones.

Go for OLED model from lg around 1.2l
LCDS at that range is simply gimmick and wont have the same clarity as OLED.
Also anything under 60 to 70k then Tosiba is good.
Make sure it is not IPS display because colour clarity is worst in them.

Thats a nice way to make it externally triggered. Are you powering it via independent brick or using USB from TV?
But TV also has to be powered right for it to "wake" based on CEC call from Firestick?
Smart plug controls supply to stabilizer and that has power brick for fire tv and tv power line. USB from tv isnt the best way or best power for these devices and then it wont serve the purpose were the tv to be in standby.
With which apps? Only Prime video or other ones as well. I am curious on this.
Netflix, hotstar prime video and YouTube.
You're voice controlling via Mic on Remote or via other Speaker - in built Far field or Echo Dot etc?
Echo dot, alexa on mobile anything works. Mic on remote works when your device is on.
True. Least power hungry device for use as control trigger

Which one? I was looking through AMZN IN and considering some.
Oakter combo as it remembers state after power failure

Smart plug controls supply to stabilizer and that has power brick for fire tv and tv power line. USB from tv isnt the best way or best power for these devices and then it wont serve the purpose were the tv to be in standby.
Thats what I figured / was wondering. So what kinda stabilizer - I thought people had moved on to UPS etc. Maybe it a Bombay thing as never seen one except out of town where families had them for Fridge etc.
Netflix, hotstar prime video and YouTube.
I have a 4K Firestick - Def have to test this - You doing Fwd X / Rwd X ; X = in secs/ mins?
Pause/ Resume

If so, definitely might look into a TV w Farfield mic that has Alexa as so far only seeing Google Asst (which worked for NF but not for PV, DH)

I saw online some Samsung TVs/ Article mention support for 2/3 VAs; Bixby, Alexa & GA -

Oakter combo as it remembers state after power failure
Thx.

In that case, just connect the TV to a Google home/Alexa speaker. Those have far better far-field mic capabilities than crappy TV microphones.
I have both. Not disappointed by their Mics, but by Video Stream Apps not EXPOSING Voice Control.
e.g. Via GA I could pause, resume, rwd, fwd on Mi TV: Netflix but not PV, DH.

I hope Appys assessment on FS is more functional.

Thats what I figured / was wondering. So what kinda stabilizer - I thought people had moved on to UPS etc. Maybe it a Bombay thing as never seen one except out of town where families had them for Fridge etc.
Lol, 2,3 years ago this forum instilled fear in my heart not to use ups for avr, tv etc due to non perfect sine wave. I got one on amazon and use it ever since. Ups i do use at times but not for avr, tv etc. Must be doing something right as they've had a glitchfree operation for the past 7 years or so.
I have a 4K Firestick - Def have to test this - You doing Fwd X / Rwd X ; X = in secs/ mins?
Pause/ Resume

If so, definitely might look into a TV w Farfield mic that has Alexa as so far only seeing Google Asst (which worked for NF but not for PV, DH)

I saw online some Samsung TVs/ Article mention support for 2/3 VAs; Bixby, Alexa & GA -

Thx.
Netflix for sure, my last tests on these were in nov when i left bangalore. Netflix capabilities to pause, resume, ff by 2min were surely there, if not directly on echo for sure on the mic on remote. Alexa open netflix, or alexa resume XYZ show will work 99% times. Sometimes it will get stuck on the account selection page tho.. If you have echo and fire stick try it. Just ensure you add the fire stick to echo in alexa app to ensure it works well.

Must be doing something right as they've had a glitchfree operation for the past 7 years or so.
Which one? Brand/ Model?
Netflix for sure, my last tests on these were in nov when i left bangalore.

Netflix capabilities to pause, resume, ff by 2min were surely there, if not directly on echo for sure on the mic on remote.
I did these via Mi Android TV remote on NF - was wondering if PV, DH are also compliant on FS as not so on GA on Mi
Alexa open netflix, or alexa resume XYZ show will work 99% times. Sometimes it will get stuck on the account selection page tho.. If you have echo and fire stick try it. Just ensure you add the fire stick to echo in alexa app to ensure it works well.
All linked. Will have to try with non NF apps

Do elaborate - I always heard IPS > VA.
Check this for reality

Apart from this i personally own one ips display where blacks looks always gretish
And condition in dark room is very bad aswhites bloom even in grey bars on the movie which is very annoying:(

Back