Need suggestions for buying 3 split ac's

hemang

I need to buy 3 split ac's for my home, all 1.5 tonne.
One will be for Hall, one for 2nd room and one for main room. The one in Hall will be used very less, maybe 2 months in a year (night time only) and 2nd room will be used max 4 months (only night time) . I am thinking of buying 2 star Lloyd AC's with copper coil for these requirements.
However the AC in main room is used every night for day 8 to 10 months. Should i go for Lloyd or Godrej 5 Star AC or for higher ones Daikin or Hitachi. We are having Daikin, Hitachi and Mitsubishi in our other house but i am not sure what is the real advantage. Some neighbours have been using Lloyd since years and seems to work just fine.
Please suggest as i need to buy in couple of weeks time

Hi

Lloyds is decent enough. Since you are based in Mumbai, I am sure there would be lot of deals coming up from Vijay Sales / Kohinoor....(Gudi Padwa)...you will get sweet discounts if you do a total cash deal......so bargain as much as you can...ensure that you calculate the right amount of tons for each room...no harm in have 0.5 tons extra as summer this time would be unpredictable...the recent Equinox event....Sun closest to the earth has given us enough of high temperatures over the last week.....

O General is also good.......if you are based in South Mumbai, perhaps you can go to Fair Deal and check it out...they do offer great discounts.....

Bottom line is to ensure after sales service, copper coils and of course save money where you can......

Did you consider multiple output a/c's from Toshiba or others ? Just one outdoor unit and much less power consumption overall. Comes in all sizes.

Did you consider multiple output a/c's from Toshiba or others ? Just one outdoor unit and much less power consumption overall. Comes in all sizes.

I haven't. All the wiring already done for 3 split AC's. So I will go for individual units only.

I have used Samsung, Hitachi and Godrej. Samsung has been the worst in terms of quality, it breaks down so often that i have paid almost its price in servicing. Godrej has been the winner, no actual service needed in 4 years, just basic maintenance. Hitachi is good too, just don't like the thing that it doesn't have temperature display in the unit!!
Lloyd is new, so haven't really got any long term reviews.

Hi, last week got Panasonic Inverter 1 ton from Reliance Digital for 37k incl installation, stand and stabilizer. The 1.5 will cost 42 I think and after much research decided on Panasonic since it was recommended by many particularly for Inverter models. Another advantage of Reliance Digital is the extended warranty (3.5k) for 2 years which will give you lot of piece of mind. Their service is usually very good in AP, hope it helps. I bought Inverter only for the comfort it provides to parents and not for savings. If the cost diff is not more than 5/6k suggest go for Inverter models.

Back