Need Suggestions for good bookselves

ashutoshg

Hi, I am from mumbai and wish to venture into hifi territory. I dont know much about hifi. But i want to set up a home theater in my home. Currently my budget is around 35-40 K and i want to atleast buy good speakers for music. I have auditioned Polkaudio bookselves and their hometheatre package but they sounded very sharp and not at all soothing. I would be listening to bollywood and instrumentals mainly. I would later buy other speakers such as surrounds etc. My room size is about 140 sq.ft. Please suggest me good speakers and receiver within my budget. Please also see if you could fit in a sub-woofer.

Last edited:
Hello Ashutosh,

if you are in Mumbai, please consider 'Pulz 202' Bookshelf which is an EXCELLENT speaker from an Indian craft. I have this for one year and I never looked for any other make. I coupled the set with a Marantz PM5004 Integrated Stereo Amp, and I can enjoy soothing music for hours. It cost me around 17k at Pune but you can get them lil cheaper in Mumbai, provided that they still make this pair. U can find Pulz setup in most Indian theaters and I found they are not much interested into home audio anymore. But if you can get a pair, you will be lucky.

Contact Amit:9820074703
OR find the address at :: Pulz ::

If they don't make that anymore, please look for a 'Norge' setup its very popular in Audiophile segment. Their Millennium BookShelf cost around 10-11k and people rate it as very soothing.

first of all, thanks to all...I am going to check out Wharfedale and norge this or next weekend..have heard a lot about them..
and yes, i am intending to buy an AVR in the same budget and..if possible, a subwoofer..
now one more question..has anyone heard the JBL home cinema packages..they seem to offer good looking packages on their website..hw is JBL??

one more question. If i buy wharfedale 9.1 or 9.2, would i need a separate sub-woofer?? or can i buy that later?
Please also suggest me a good AVR..which will be within my budget..

guys, i am happy to have my first home theater. I went for Wharfedale 9.1 (fronts), Wharfedale WH2 (center, surround) and Wharfedale SW150. I also got Denon AVR 1312 and Sony DVD player with HDMI. I am yet to install the center and surround.
I have only one doubt please help me solve it..
My subwoofer is not sounding as sharp and thumping as it should. what to do??
and can i set the channel level for subwoofer at a higher level than other speakers?? does that affect quality??

guys, i am finally got my first home theater. I went for Wharfedale 9.1 (fronts), Wharfedale WH2 (center, surround) and Wharfedale SW150. I also got Denon AVR 1312 and Sony DVD player with HDMI. I am yet to install the center and surround.
and can i set the channel level for subwoofer at a higher level than other speakers?? does that affect quality??:sad:

guys, i am finally got my first home theater. I went for Wharfedale 9.1 (fronts), Wharfedale WH2 (center, surround) and Wharfedale SW150. I also got Denon AVR 1312 and Sony DVD player with HDMI. I am yet to install the center and surround.
and can i set the channel level for subwoofer at a higher level than other speakers?? does that affect quality??:sad:

Use the set-up mic and run the Audyssey first and then go to speaker settings to adjust the LFE of your subwoofers, which is usually at 80 Hz.

Hope it helps.

Hi, I am from mumbai and wish to venture into hifi territory. I dont know much about hifi. But i want to set up a home theater in my home. Currently my budget is around 35-40 K and i want to atleast buy good speakers for music. I have auditioned Polkaudio bookselves and their hometheatre package but they sounded very sharp and not at all soothing. I would be listening to bollywood and instrumentals mainly. I would later buy other speakers such as surrounds etc. My room size is about 140 sq.ft. Please suggest me good speakers and receiver within my budget. Please also see if you could fit in a sub-woofer.

I'm not sure if you are willing to go the DIY route; if you can, you can get the entire setup close to your budget. If interested, click on my signature, you will be led to the thread where I'm running a group buy.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back