Need suggestions on improving/upgrading existing 7ch HT

When no sub option is selected the front speakers is changed to large. It cannot be set to small so yes the LFE signal is sent to LR
As far as I know, lfe cannot be redirected to main speakers and it dosent get directed even when there is no sub. LFE is specifically for sub woofers only as it is at high db than other channels. LFE is available only through the lfe output of the AVR.

Very true sijusid, LFE is only meant for subwoofers since they can handle the low frequency effects well.

Last edited:
Main benefit of svs is the app the company made to integrate the sub.
I'm genuinely interested in knowing the pros and cons.

The app is good so I have heard from the forums but mine dosen't have it. Rythmiks have been greatly praised for music & for their servo precision. Their damping setting may be adjusted to your liking.
SVS has decent amplification in the lower models & dig pretty deep for its price with clean bass. They are more fine tuned for frequencies below 30 hz & play loud especially the ported ones if movies are your liking.
For me, I wanted a subwoofer 60% music & 40 % movies The SVS PC 2000 was a good option for me also because it was quite light considering its height at 34 inches, weight around 23 kgs & output ( 500 Watts RMS & goes down 16 hz with authority). I liked its cylindrical form factor than the box but then its subjective. Size & weight also is a very important factors to be considered while purchasing a subwoofer. I do have back issues so needed a light subwoofer but with good sound. The Rythmik 12 inch ported ones are heavy for me at least. I can shift it relatively easily if any cleaning around the subwoofer needs to be done, for the subwoofer crawl or for whatever reasons. I like it for music too, no complaints whatsoever. Bass is tight & clean.
I had a great experience with their customer service & 5 years warranty on the subwoofer was a decent deal.
If my preference was only for music then definitely I would try out Rythmik. I guess the bigger Rythmik subwoofer 15 inch would be great for music & movies too. Both the brands have their own share of followers, there something for everyone, I guess.

Last edited:
The app is good so I have heard from the forums but mine dosen't have it. Rythmiks have been greatly praised for music & for their servo precision. Their damping setting may be adjusted to your liking.
SVS has decent amplification in the lower models & dig pretty deep for its price with clean bass. They are more fine tuned for frequencies below 30 hz & play loud especially the ported ones if movies are your liking.
For me, I wanted a subwoofer 60% music & 40 % movies The SVS PC 2000 was a good option for me also because it was quite light considering its height at 34 inches, weight around 23 kgs & output ( 500 Watts RMS & goes down 16 hz with authority). I liked its cylindrical form factor than the box but then its subjective. Size & weight also is a very important factors to be considered while purchasing a subwoofer. I do have back issues so needed a light subwoofer but with good sound. The Rythmik 12 inch ported ones are heavy for me at least. I can shift it relatively easily if any cleaning around the subwoofer needs to be done, for the subwoofer crawl or for whatever reasons. I like it for music too, no complaints whatsoever. Bass is tight & clean.
I had a great experience with their customer service & 5 years warranty on the subwoofer was a decent deal.
If my preference was only for music then definitely I would try out Rythmik. I guess the bigger Rythmik subwoofer 15 inch would be great for music & movies too. Both the brands have their own share of followers, there something for everyone, I guess.
If I tell the reality I will be offending followers of a particular brand.

It's good to know that there are atleast a couple of subwoofer brands in India which can compete in performance at a rather upscale pricetag (> ₹80k). I'll try the LV12 once to see how much difference a ported version makes and then take a call.

Ok great..Start with two..See how it is.. If you feel inadequate, you can add more..I feel two should be good, powered by Crown or other amplifier..
I tried searching for good carpenters within a 10km radius and couldn't find one who can guarantee an enclosure that can withstand vibrations without costing more than 30k (including routing for the driver and outer finish). Meanwhile, I got a chance to feel the Rythmik. I'm leaning towards buying one instead of building due to time restraints.

If I tell the reality I will be offending followers of a particular brand.

Well you can try as hard to convince as you like , it dosen't affect me one bit. I get more convinced by what I hear from the subwoofer rather than someone else saying something without any proof. Sound is very subjective & there is no such thing as the best subwoofer for all. I am not loyal to any brand be it subwoofer or Receiver. If the product delivers what my ears like at the price I can afford then its a sweet deal for me.
If a brand falsely advertises, the company can only fool few people for sometime & it is not possible to fool everyone all the time especially with the reach of the internet.
If I have to hunt for a receiver or a subwoofer again, I am open to all the brands for consideration which I can afford.

I tried searching for good carpenters within a 10km radius and couldn't find one who can guarantee an enclosure that can withstand vibrations without costing more than 30k (including routing for the driver and outer finish). Meanwhile, I got a chance to feel the Rythmik. I'm leaning towards buying one instead of building due to time restraints.
Depending on the model, Rythmik makes some nice subs for both HT and music. You will like them AFTER proper integration.

Depending on the model, Rythmik makes some nice subs for both HT and music. You will like them AFTER proper integration.
Proper integration is the part where I'm facing issues now. My living room doesn't have too many options for placement. And I don't have a cable long enough to do the subwoofer crawl

Try placing in standard locations like between speakers, near a corner in front or smack middle of L R. Otherwise, Long sub cables aren’t expensive.. see if you can borrow one or purchase from an online retailer. Min 25 ft if want to do sub crawl.

One location which is seldom recommended but good one is besides your couch or sofa (but without physical touching). This works great if you have space besides your couch.
I have tried it with my sealed sub earlier and it worked great. When I upgraded to ported, I couldn't fit it so had to move it in front.
Placing the sub besides your couch will give an added benefit of feeling the sub on your butt (when your couch vibrates)...ha ha..

Thanks for updating.. No worries..I can understand..

Try placing in standard locations like between speakers, near a corner in front or smack middle of L R. Otherwise, Long sub cables aren’t expensive.. see if you can borrow one or purchase from an online retailer. Min 25 ft if want to do sub crawl.

Will try that, hopefully with the vented one if allowed to borrow.

One location which is seldom recommended but good one is besides your couch or sofa (but without physical touching). This works great if you have space besides your couch.
I have tried it with my sealed sub earlier and it worked great. When I upgraded to ported, I couldn't fit it so had to move it in front.
Placing the sub besides your couch will give an added benefit of feeling the sub on your butt (when your couch vibrates)...ha ha..

I'll try few other places and update on my findings, thanks.

Hi guys,

An update on my findings/revelation:
Moved my front speakers to stick to the wall (hardly 2 inch gap), and streamed few songs from Spotify... boom.. the speakers sound like they got a fresh dose of adrenaline pump! :) listening to music on multi channel stereo envelops me in a sphere of bliss. Bass response has improved a bit as well.

Will keep experimenting with things when I get time.

Cheers,
-ktks1

Hi guys,

An update on my findings/revelation:
Moved my front speakers to stick to the wall (hardly 2 inch gap), and streamed few songs from Spotify... boom.. the speakers sound like they got a fresh dose of adrenaline pump! :) listening to music on multi channel stereo envelops me in a sphere of bliss. Bass response has improved a bit as well.

Will keep experimenting with things when I get time.

Cheers,
-ktks1
Maybe AVR sound gurus can elaborate on this.
Does multi-channel stereo play a summed L+R signal on all available speakers?
Cheers,
Raghu

Maybe AVR sound gurus can elaborate on this.
Does multi-channel stereo play a summed L+R signal on all available speakers?
Cheers,
Raghu
Yes...multichannel stereo plays in all available speakers...including Atmos...all left speakers play left channel and all right speakers plays right channel. Centre is also active playing a blend....

Yes...multichannel stereo plays in all available speakers...including Atmos...all left speakers play left channel and all right speakers plays right channel. Centre is also active playing a blend....
Thanks for the explanation.
I was under the impression it was summed mono on all speakers.
This makes sense.
Cheers,
Raghu

Thus the louder sound from multi ch stereo compared to Dolby surround.. right? Or does the amp play any role in power distribution to speakers?

As far as I remember now, multi channel stereo is only available for 2 channel content. Do correct me if I am wrong.
In Multi channel stereo, the left channel output is copied across all left speakers and we hear the same output from our surround speakers as the front speakers and so we hear louder. Bass is also felt more because all the speakers are active and each speakers is crossovered by the sub below the crossover frequency, resulting in more bass sent to subwoofer. You can experiment this by setting some of your speakers as large...
Would love to know the opinion of other FM on this.

Cheers
Siju

As far as I remember now, multi channel stereo is only available for 2 channel content. Do correct me if I am wrong.
I'm able to use multi ch stereo for content that supports Dolby Atmos.

You can experiment this by setting some of your speakers as large...
I'm currently not using a sub and my fronts are set to large. They're using the wall for reinforcement of bass notes.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back