Needed AVR advice for KEF Q-series.

user73

Hi guys,
After lot of searching in forums n sites I have finalized below speakers.
Kef Q-550
KEF Q-650C
BIC America Formula F12
Polk Audio FXI A6
Needed ur advice regarding AVR.i have read KEF Q series need more power to give better results.100 watts per channel at 8 ohms minimum.
Budget is around 50k.
no brand preference.
Denon X Series AVR-X2400H seems fine and reasonable price too from amazon but i thought its better to ask experts.

room size is 20x30.
listening distance is 10ft.
maybe you guys can suggest other brand cheaper and better then this.
thx in advance

Last edited:
Hi guys,
Kef Q-550
KEF Q-650C
BIC America Formula F12
Polk Audio FXI A6
Needed ur advice regarding AVR.i have read KEF Q series need more power to give better results.100 watts per channel at 8 ohms minimum.
Budget is around 50k.
no brand preference.
Denon X Series AVR-X2400H seems fine and reasonable price too from amazon but i thought its better to ask experts.

room size is 20x30.
thx in advance
20*30 is fairly large. 2400 will be just about ok but better go for avr that will have pre-outs so you can add a power amp later when you get the itch for upgrade. Look at 3600 or the Marantz 6013. You will have to extend your budget else go with the 2400

Last edited:
Hi guys,
Kef Q-550
KEF Q-650C
BIC America Formula F12
Polk Audio FXI A6
Budget is around 50k.
no brand preference.

room size is 20x30.
thx in advance

That's a Big room. x2400 although a good receiver, however, on its own will struggle to give you the dynamics the speakers are capable of. Either get a more powerful receiver from Marantz/Denon or try the Preamp power amp route. There was an Emotiva on sale, you could check if it's still available. If yes, match with a multi-channel power amp. FM @elangoas had very good success with Sonodyne power amp driven by his Denon receiver.

MaSh

Per my experience, if possible always go for receiver that has pre-outs. It always helps in the long run when you upgrade your speakers or add to existing ones.

20*30 is fairly large. 2400 will be just about ok but better go for avr that will have pre-outs so you can add a power amp later when you get the itch for upgrade. Look at 3600 or the Marantz 6013. You will have to extend your budget else go with the 2400
it took me a while but now i have extended budget to 1.5.you guys suggested damn right that 2400 won't do.
but now one thing im not sure what other things i should keep in mind before searching AVR?
100 watts per channel at 8 ohms minimum that much i know.
what other points?

it took me a while but now i have extended budget to 1.5.you guys suggested damn right that 2400 won't do.
but now one thing im not sure what other things i should keep in mind before searching AVR?
100 watts per channel at 8 ohms minimum that much i know.
what other points?
No avr provides 100 watts per channel. All the power ratings are just in 2 channels. I checked a video by Audioholic’s where Gene tested and confirmed that 8012 which is a beefy avr and the only avr with a toroidal transformer as per my knowledge produces 96 watts/Chanel at 5 channels driven.If 7 channels is all you want look are marantz 5013 if you can extend your budget then 6013. First start with a good 2.1 system which will be way better then a rushed and average 5.1 or 7.1.

Forget about power rating in a receiver. The newer ones just don't have the power supply to generate the power. Get a receiver that has your input/output, coding/decoding, auto setup version, remote complexity, etc. Add a Poweramp to the receiver.

MaSh

Hi I recently purchased a marantz sr8012. It's recent price is around 1.75 with bill.
It's quite good.
Or else you can also opt for denon 3600
And later go for 3 channel power amp later for LCR channels.

Hi I recently purchased a marantz sr8012. It's recent price is around 1.75 with bill.
It's quite good.
Or else you can also opt for denon 3600
And later go for 3 channel power amp later for LCR channels.
thx for reply...ain't denon 3600 enough ?
i'm surprised that even after paying 1.3k for denon i still have to go with power amp.

For kef and your room size i have doubts. You can try 3600. But if u are going for 9 channels. I Think it will struggle.

But if you are going to use high sensitivity speakers like Klipsch it might suffice .

thx for reply...ain't denon 3600 enough ?
i'm surprised that even after paying 1.3k for denon i still have to go with power amp.
No way it’s going to cost u 1.3L. I got the 4500 itself for 116500 and got quotes for 1.1L. In Chennai 3600 is sold for 85-90k with discounts and 60k in grey market

after lot of bargain im getting 3600 for 100k.

how it's so cheap in south?
Not cheap it’s the selling price with discounts. 60k is grey market price with no bill and warranty. Marantz 6013 is also sold for 85k with discounts. Wait and make the purchase. Check with all the dealers possible

If u want I can send you the dealer contacts. You can contact him directly

thx but im not sure how it is going to work.
Here i gave some advance to place the order and rest of payment after delivery.its done hand to hand.
but with chennai dealer i have to make whole payment in advance.which is kind of risk.

thx but im not sure how it is going to work.
Here i gave some advance to place the order and rest of payment after delivery.its done hand to hand.
but with chennai dealer i have to make whole payment in advance.which is kind of risk.
Ok if you have paid the advance and finalised the purchase let’s leave it there. Enjoy the Denon and don’t look back on discounts and offers

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back