• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Needed AVR advice for KEF Q-series.

Wharfedale Diamond 225

user73

Hi guys,
After lot of searching in forums n sites I have finalized below speakers.
Kef Q-550
KEF Q-650C
BIC America Formula F12
Polk Audio FXI A6
Needed ur advice regarding AVR.i have read KEF Q series need more power to give better results.100 watts per channel at 8 ohms minimum.
Budget is around 50k.
no brand preference.
Denon X Series AVR-X2400H seems fine and reasonable price too from amazon but i thought its better to ask experts.

room size is 20x30.
listening distance is 10ft.
maybe you guys can suggest other brand cheaper and better then this.
thx in advance

SPONSORED ADS
Last edited:

SPONSORED ADS

Love4sound

Hi guys,
Kef Q-550
KEF Q-650C
BIC America Formula F12
Polk Audio FXI A6
Needed ur advice regarding AVR.i have read KEF Q series need more power to give better results.100 watts per channel at 8 ohms minimum.
Budget is around 50k.
no brand preference.
Denon X Series AVR-X2400H seems fine and reasonable price too from amazon but i thought its better to ask experts.

room size is 20x30.
thx in advance
20*30 is fairly large. 2400 will be just about ok but better go for avr that will have pre-outs so you can add a power amp later when you get the itch for upgrade. Look at 3600 or the Marantz 6013. You will have to extend your budget else go with the 2400

Last edited:

MaSh

Hi guys,
Kef Q-550
KEF Q-650C
BIC America Formula F12
Polk Audio FXI A6
Budget is around 50k.
no brand preference.

room size is 20x30.
thx in advance
That's a Big room. x2400 although a good receiver, however, on its own will struggle to give you the dynamics the speakers are capable of. Either get a more powerful receiver from Marantz/Denon or try the Preamp power amp route. There was an Emotiva on sale, you could check if it's still available. If yes, match with a multi-channel power amp. FM @elangoas had very good success with Sonodyne power amp driven by his Denon receiver.

MaSh

srk87

Per my experience, if possible always go for receiver that has pre-outs. It always helps in the long run when you upgrade your speakers or add to existing ones.

SPONSORED ADS