NeedleDoctor's Ortofon Cartridges Offer

soulforged

Needle doctor is offering 25% off on Ortofon cartridges with trade ins. I haven't read the fine print but thought someone might be interested here ;)

On that note, if I am to upgrade the cartridge on my Debut III, what should I look for? It currently has the stock OM5 and feeds a Project Phonobox SE...

Hi soulforged,
An ortofon 2M red will be a very good upgrade. i have heard the OM5 but the 2m red will take it the music to a different level altogether.
Regards
Abhijit

Hi soulforged,
An ortofon 2M red will be a very good upgrade. i have heard the OM5 but the 2m red will take it the music to a different level altogether.
Regards
Abhijit

I am using both of these cartridges, here is my observations

OM5 (using with Pro-ject Debut III) - VFM, excellent bass, not so good highs, reasonable tonal quality, economic, very low output, amp needs to be cranked, easy to use

2M red (using with Technics 1210 MKII) - finer details, picks up almost everything, smooth across the spectrum. loudness is excellent, amp doesn't need to go beyond 10 O'clock position, putting on the needle protection cover is a pain

2M red is definitely better, but only marginally, its not hard to audition it first then decide

BTW is needledoctor shipping to India? Never tried, ebay US always has fantastic prices on cartridges

Arnab

Very happy with my Denon DL-110 I picked up on ebay a couple months ago... blew away my 2M Red! :D

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back