New AVR upto 80k....?

Even a Multi EQ XT capable AVR comes with a standard Audyssey Microphone bundled and a normal Multi EQ calibration can be performed by an individual without any cost. The advantage of performing it by a Audyssey Pro calibration kit is that you can design your own custom curve and set you own filters depending of individual taste for sound, it also shows the room response before the Eq and after it on a Graphical manner which is very easy to understand, also once this is done then that professional will also give you the certificate for it. Now about the Fee yes its charged only once for the entire lifespan of a product but an individual Professional would charge you a visiting fee for re-calibration which could be half of the original amount. But you only recalibrate if you move or change your speakers or do something to room acoustics.

Ashish, thanks for taking the time and having the patience to explain this to an old man.

I was given to understand that there are 2 ammounts tobe paid. A fee to the visiting professional and a licence fee to Audessey. The licence fee is a one time fee and the visitng professional will charge for every visit. Right? Do AVRs store the settings in case of a power failure? Or would I need the visit from the professional everytime we have a balck out or something of that nature.

I ask because when my famly and i leave for vacation (at least twice a year) we swtich off all utilities (water, gas, power, etc) to prevent mishaps in our absence.

Ashish, thanks for taking the time and having the patience to explain this to an old man.

I was given to understand that there are 2 ammounts tobe paid. A fee to the visiting professional and a licence fee to Audessey. The licence fee is a one time fee and the visitng professional will charge for every visit. Right? Do AVRs store the settings in case of a power failure? Or would I need the visit from the professional everytime we have a balck out or something of that nature.

I ask because when my famly and i leave for vacation (at least twice a year) we swtich off all utilities (water, gas, power, etc) to prevent mishaps in our absence.

Generally for the 1st time calibration the fee charged is 15K which also includes the fee of the Professional visiting your place as well as the Audyssey Liscence Charges. And yes Liscence fee is a 1 time thing.
No you don't loose the settings from a power outage or anything unless you factory reset the AVR or otherwise, and you can safely disconnect the power supply for months and the settings will remain there on the AVR.

Generally for the 1st time calibration the fee charged is 15K which ...and you can safely disconnect the power supply for months and the settings will remain there on the AVR.

Ashish, thanks again. So basically we need to budget an extra 15K for any Audesey Mult EQ XT AVR if we want a custom setting done. Thanks. This forum thing is really nice.

Saved me a trip to LaKozy (BTW say hi to Priyesh from me - he'll know me as the friend of Sushil and Shyam).

Excellent thread ...

Rana,
I think many would be truly happy for the details you have put. You have very good patience to audition various AVRs :clapping:
You have just stopped short of mentioning what you bought. As per you last post, you were tilting towards NAD T758. By now, you must have bought the best AVR as per your liking and please post your reviews as well.

thanks,

currently I'm in between changing my residence and not been using my setup since 6 months. We intend to setup a new place where I'm planning to have a dedicated basement theater. Once complete I'll move my equipment there.

There in I'll upgrade my projector to 1080p mostly the Benq W7000.

As far the avr goes it will most likely be the T757. To my ears in that price range it sounded most to my liking.

thanks,

currently I'm in between changing my residence and not been using my setup since 6 months. We intend to setup a new place where I'm planning to have a dedicated basement theater. Once complete I'll move my equipment there.

There in I'll upgrade my projector to 1080p mostly the Benq W7000.

As far the avr goes it will most likely be the T757. To my ears in that price range it sounded most to my liking.

Thanks !!!
Even I am planning to audition T757 some time next week. In another thread, few of us were discussing about having Emotiva UMC-200 as pre-pro and XPA-5 as power amp. Even the reviews are great for the two. I am more curious to see this:-
NAD-T757 (as receiver) -Vs- NAD-T757 (as pre-amp) with XPA-5 (or any power amp) -Vs- UMC-200 with XPA-5. I guess it will be tough to audition Emotiva setup since it doesn't have any dealers any where ... Still, the owners of Emotiva or NAD can share their thoughts.

I am sure T757, on being used as a receiver, will find hard to drive power hungry tower speakers at higher volume levels. So the power rating part without an amp is well understood. What I want to see is the sonic quality difference between the combinations I mentioned above.

Last edited:
Our forum member renjith_lal imported NAD-757 for a very special price and has been using it with PSB T6 towers, you can PM him. I guess many large setups of our members in bangalore are using XPA5 and the UPA5(older).

Hi Shanmune,
As kittu mentioned I have PSB T6 and T757.
If you can arrange XPA5 we can try XPA5 with NAD T757 preout.I am also interested to see the improvement.

Regards,
renjith

Hi Shanmune,
As kittu mentioned I have PSB T6 and T757.
If you can arrange XPA5 we can try XPA5 with NAD T757 preout.I am also interested to see the improvement.

Regards,
renjith

I would be more delighted to test XPA5 with T757, but I am afraid it would be difficult to get XPA5 for a demo. I guess XPA5 won't be available even in shops for audition. Having said that, I am planning to go for an audition on T757 and SR6007. I will try to see if the dealer can get some other power amp mated with those receivers for the audition.

By the way, you must have auditioned T757 along with other receivers. Can you please share your experience ? How did T757 perform against other receivers ? What factors convinced you to opt for NAD T757 ? I think SR6007, SR6006, Denon 3312, Yamaha RX-A2010 etc are at the same level of T757 in terms of power ratings. So where you able to see very typical NAD philosophy of "Music first" while comparing T757 with others ? Sorry for posting too many questions, but I am just curious ... :)

I have not done that much A to B comparison. But I have hear Marantz 6006 with PSB T6 at my home. I didn't like it much, I couldn't find much improvement compared to my previous Onkyo 609, during home audition.
This could be due to the reason I am not having a dedicated room, mine is a living cum dining room. This is my personal opinion, no offense to Marantz fans.

I went with NAD due to popular opinion. I was getting it for a good price from Dubai. Denon 3312 was available for a lesser price compared to NAD T757. My brother in law went and listened to both and I talked to salesman on phone and we bought NAD T757. Basically I have not done an A to B comparison with Denon 3312/Yamaha receiver in the same range.

I also felt that NAD should be good because they dont have many features like 4K up scaling, no USB etc. So I thought they might have invested money for sound quality and I bought it. Again NAD T 757 is rated as Full Disclosure Power (all channels driven simultaneously) 7 x 60W.

We can do an A/B comparison with Denon 3312/ Yamaha A2010 if any one of you can bring 3312/ A2010.

Best Regards,
Renjith

I would be more delighted to test XPA5 with T757, but I am afraid it would be difficult to get XPA5 for a demo. I guess XPA5 won't be available even in shops for audition. Having said that, I am planning to go for an audition on T757 and SR6007. I will try to see if the dealer can get some other power amp mated with those receivers for the audition.

By the way, you must have auditioned T757 along with other receivers. Can you please share your experience ? How did T757 perform against other receivers ? What factors convinced you to opt for NAD T757 ? I think SR6007, SR6006, Denon 3312, Yamaha RX-A2010 etc are at the same level of T757 in terms of power ratings. So where you able to see very typical NAD philosophy of "Music first" while comparing T757 with others ? Sorry for posting too many questions, but I am just curious ... :)

I have not done that much A to B comparison. But I have hear Marantz 6006 with PSB T6 at my home. I didn't like it much, I couldn't find much improvement compared to my previous Onkyo 609, during home audition.
This could be due to the reason I am not having a dedicated room, mine is a living cum dining room. This is my personal opinion, no offense to Marantz fans.

I went with NAD due to popular opinion. I was getting it for a good price from Dubai. Denon 3312 was available for a lesser price compared to NAD T757. My brother in law went and listened to both and I talked to salesman on phone and we bought NAD T757. Basically I have not done an A to B comparison with Denon 3312/Yamaha receiver in the same range.

I also felt that NAD should be good because they dont have many features like 4K up scaling, no USB etc. So I thought they might have invested money for sound quality and I bought it. Again NAD T 757 is rated as Full Disclosure Power (all channels driven simultaneously) 7 x 60W.

We can do an A/B comparison with Denon 3312/ Yamaha A2010 if any one of you can bring 3312/ A2010.

Best Regards,
Renjith

Thanks Ranjith ...
Even I am very much curious to know whether the extra cost of T757 has gone into the SQ part. That's what most of the reviews say. So was there a marked difference between your new T757 and your old Onkyo 609 with PSB speakers ?

For stereo listening there is big difference, for movies I think it is not too much.
For movies even 609 was ok, never felt that it was lacking a lot.
I was using 3 Idiots blue ray, may with some good action movies it could be different.

For stereo listening there is big difference, for movies I think it is not too much.
For movies even 609 was ok, never felt that it was lacking a lot.
I was using 3 Idiots blue ray, may with some good action movies it could be different.

Thanks renjith ...

When you (being a person with real user experience with both T757/609) describe some thing as "big difference", then I am more amazed to know the performance of T757. So it clearly looks like the extra bucks have gone truly into the SQ section rather than on the feature set. This what NAD and even the reviewers of T757 claim. I wanted to hear this fact from the actual NAD users like you rather than from reviewers. Thanks again !!!

Rana/ Naveen - this was an interesting thread. What did you guys purchase finally?

If you are referring to me (navin) - I got an Arcam 400 for the bedroom system (discussed here). For the living room I ended up getting an Onkyo 3010 (by accident, I must add, as I asked and paid for the 1010). My only other choice (the Yamaha Aventage xx20 series were not available at the time of my purchase).

The 757 would be a significant step up from the 609 (I would not compare them as they serve 2 different price points). The 757's ability to drive speakers well is far better than the 609 (with it's puny power supply). NAD's sound is typically dryer and not as bright as Onkyo. This reduces listening fatigue.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Now in 2023 need to upgrade to AURO3D/ATMOS.

Looking to add 2 pairs of PSB Image B6 or Image B5 speakers for a Auro3D setup in my room. If any PSB Image B5/B6 owners looking to sell/upgrade thier speakers do message me.

Thanks.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back