New chord mojo is on the way..

Passive_audio_enthusiast

I find the DSP a welcome change on the mojo. The Orginal mojo is already outclassed by lot of new cheap DACs. I think this as a good direction for Chinese companies to follow now ;). Now that’s the part I am honestly interested on considering the price

I find the DSP a welcome change on the mojo. The Orginal mojo is already outclassed by lot of new cheap DACs. I think this as a good direction for Chinese companies to follow now ;). Now that’s the part I am honestly interested on considering the price
That statement may not be entirely true for a lot of people. I have heard the Mojo alongside some cheaper DACs such as the Ifi Zen DAC, Topping e30, and the inbuilt DACs in my Marantz PM6006, SR6013 and Cambridge Audio CXA81 as well as the RME ADI-2 DAC. While the Chord Mojo is leaps and bounds ahead of the inbuilt Marantz DACs, it is also noticeably better than the ifi Zen Dac and the Topping E30 and the internal DAC in the CXA81. Coming to the RME, there's very little separating the two and while the RME has better sub bass performance and a wider soundstage, the Chord hits back with an "analogue" tonality which sounds better than the RME with instrumental music, something evident while playing Indian classical music.

The one thing i haven't done is compare it against price appropriate DACs such as the SMSL SU8, SMSL SU9, ifi zen one signature, Topping D30 pro, etc.

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back