New joinee in DIY Arena

...don't you think I should not use them as they are mainly for PA drivers?

As I have not used these xover's cannot comment on their quality, jaudere will be the person to ask.

Also, in all the xovers, both the coils are sitting side by side and as a result they will always keep on talking to each other cause of the Polarity factor. Don't you think that a bad factor as far as home Audio quality is concern?

I did not find more than one inductor in both the xover's mentioned (C-650SW and C-300/200).

Regds.

Suri,

If everything you mentioned were perfect as you pointed out - then I assume there won't me new versions, new models, and new inventions? Are we coming to the last point of yours? :)

but do you not think that-everyone should strive for perfection? - doing his/her best? -

Frankly, I prefer these subjects over a beer ...or may be a single malt - Aberfeldy on the rocks perhaps?

:cheers:.

As I have not used these xover's cannot comment on their quality, jaudere will be the person to ask.

I did not find more than one inductor in both the xover's mentioned (C-650SW and C-300/200).

Regds.

Because they are on way. I was referring to two way crossovers seen herehttp://www.ahujaradios.com/productcategory.asp?id=7&sc_id=51

Now I think I need a two way cross overs, right to be used with Bolton Full range and Dainty woofer.. Otherwise I think I was completely though in a wrong way.

My expectation is to send only low sounds to woofer and everything else to full range. Is that a possibility?

If you think I am still not able to understand anything, please let me know directly what kind of cross over I need to get what I am expecting.

Thanks in advance.

My expectation is to send only low sounds to woofer and everything else to full range. Is that a possibility?

If you think I am still not able to understand anything, please let me know directly what kind of cross over I need to get what I am expecting.

I doubt you will get any ready made crossover for your requirement as the xover point should be around 200hz for the type of configuration you have mentioned. I have never crossed my dainty's beyond 250hz and I don't think a higher xover point is suitable for this driver.

Since you have a tweeter as well, a 3 way 2nd order crossover with xover points @ 200Hz and 3kz can also be tried.

Regds...

I am following on this thread for quite some time, since i stay in bangalore and close to SP road, there is another shop in SP rd called bolton acoustics i guess the name is, even they have glass wool and each packet would cost only 30 Rs, see if anybody wants limited quantity they can purchase these there.

I am following on this thread for quite some time, since i stay in bangalore and close to SP road, there is another shop in SP rd called bolton acoustics i guess the name is, even they have glass wool and each packet would cost only 30 Rs, see if anybody wants limited quantity they can purchase these there.

Vinny i am in ..half i wan
i am making a set of speakers for my TA2020 amp setup also friend of mine wants some

Tapas,

Sometimes it is good to have less knowledge. About 11 yrs back i dint know anything about speakers. Saw a yamaha floorstanding speaker picture. I went to a shop . Told him i want to build a three way speaker . He gave me two tweeters, pair of 8" woofers and a choice of three pairs of squaker of which i chose the one which was looking like a quality squaker. I asked about the crossover and he gave me a three way crossover. No measurements,nocalculations ... no impedance ... nothing.
Went to carpenter showed him the picture of yamaha floorstanders. Dimensions chosen was that suited for the wood size i had (chose the maximum height about 40 " ). No calculations.
Mounted drivers, soldered the crossover and put some left over sponge sheets in the box.
Box done. Bought a cizer Amp. Connected to onida dvd player.

Price for speakers and crossover : 1000/-
Price for Amp: 1000/-
Boxes: 1000/-

I am using this system till date with tatasky /dvd player almost 3-8hrs per day. Sounds Ok/Good till a moderate volume. Good with classical.And enough to fill my 15 X 24 ft room. I was underestimating my speakers before i auditioned some floorstanders of around 20K.
They sound better than floorstanders of value less than 15K (But at moderate volumes ).

I was lucky. but dont take this as inspiration because without proper knowledge it is futile to do something.

Then comes the phase when you know the parameters and the calculations and damping and other jargon. Here comes the test bench and all the things you need to carry out these measurements and DIYer who is low on budget loses heart and backs off.
With half baked knowledge he even tries to copy a project on the net but due to non availability of parts he backs off (Here actually he is just a superviser to a carpenter and doesnt have much to do except for listening the end product, if it is successful anyways.) .
The more you get knowledge more complicated it becomes. Then he buys something decent available in market and settles for that.

Then comes the phase when you know that its not only about calculation,measurement, knowledge and jargon. It is about Art. Till this time you get so much knowledge that you know exactly what not to do !! The more you know about sound , you want the speakers to sound more better

With your great enthusiasm and openness to learn i hope you become a DIYer who knows what to do more than what not to do.

Take hints from the discussions here and read details on speaker building from some good speaker building websites and go for the kill.

All the best !!

well said sentinel ..
but things take time ..people underestimate the speaker building task.. back in class 7 i was finding it difficult to do a LED flasher with two transistor , now after year have designed DAC, 32bit ARM based systems ported software to it .
Key to success is dont give up (u can give a break if all seems impossible) and u can doit .I would say itz like learning guitar .. the most passionate people master it!

So tapas we all are missing you here .........do come back

.. back in class 7 i was finding it difficult to do a LED flasher with two transistor , now after year have designed DAC, 32bit ARM based systems ported software to it .

Does that mean you are in class 8 now and have designed all that complicated stuff !!!

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back