New product

GeorgeO

I had the opportunity to audition some new technology last weekend here in Bangalore.

Ashish Agarwal who is a PhD in EE from UC Santa Barbara, and worked for many years with Harman Kardon in LA, in their R & D section has started a new company called Snap Networks which aims at addressing HT needs of smaller Indian homes. The concept is about to be beta tested, and uses wireless and signal processing technologies, as well as miniaturising the hardware.

It comprises of an innovative small form factor powered speaker, something like a flower vase and positioned vertically, for each channel, augmented by a subwoofer ( so much for the so called purists who feel that subs are redundant), and can be initially set up for 2.1 audio and then expanded to 5.1 HT. The signal is fed to the speakers via a "Conductor" which is a wireless transmission unit, connected to 2 or 5 channels, as required. They will come with a 3 axis , 3 microphone rig to check your room and correct the speaker locations to optimise the experience. You dont wire up the speakers excepting for power.

Interesting and impressive, at it's proposed price point, which at this time I cannot disclose.

George

George, I have been excited about this product ever since you shared this with me over the weekend. If this product is priced properly, it opens up a lot of possiblities for us. Many of us maybe hesitant to do a 5.1 in the drawing room or in the bedroom simply because of the wires. This one seems to eliminate this issue, so looking forward to this product eagerly.

Does this product also offer Zone B (music in another zone/room)? What distances does the wireless work well?

I was a non-believer when it comes to "Audio over wireless" but after listening to the Squeezebox at your home and now owning one myself, I am a convert.

Santhosh

If you any any others here in Bangalore are interested in an audition, I can set it up with Ashish at a convenient time, he is in Domlur, not far from Namdhari. I went very informally, through a friend, but it is better to take some reference materials along to check it out.

I am planning a US trip in a fortnight, and have a few days of travel before that, so I suggest you decide quickly. Ashish also has US travel plans in June.

George

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back