New speakers on way. From Rethm to Tekton

prem

After a decade with the wonderful Rethm speakers in their various iterations, I will be moving to Tekton Double Impact Special Edition speakers. These speakers are still not officially launched. So I will be one of the first guys to get them. Hopefully will have them by end of November.

After a decade with the wonderful Rethm speakers in their various iterations, I will be moving to Tekton Double Impact Special Edition speakers. These speakers are still not officially launched. So I will be one of the first guys to get them. Hopefully will have them by end of November.

Congrats Prem! will wait for 1st impressions & pics.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Congrats Prem. Thats a huge jump from 1 to 11 drivers. It will be interesting to listen to how the 7 mini tweeters are balanced with the mids for horizontal and vertical dispersion. Hope you dont require room treatment for them as listening rooms in Mumbai are not that huge.

Congratulations Prem... were you able to hear the speakers or you buying them blind? At their price point, they seem to be priced well considering you are ditching a much more expensive speaker...

Thanks guys.

Hari, I dont think they need any room treatment.

Panditji, its a blind buy.

The 6 small drivers which form a circle actually operate between around 300-400 Hz to 7-8000 Hz. So it behaves a lot like a single driver. Above 7-8000 Hz is the small driver you see in the centre of the circle. The two mid bass and the two 10 inch drivers at the bottom take care of bass.

Sensitivity is 98 db.

Guys with Maggie 20.1, Wilson Audio, Sonus Faber Lilium, Martin Logan Renaissance 15, Lawrence Audio, etc are replacing their speakers with DI. Some of these speakers cost in excess of USD 65000. So I was curious to find out what the fuss was all about. So ordered:)

Congrats Prem. Haven't listened to your setup so far. Hope I can do that with the new system.

Cheers

These sure look rather intriguing. Wonder what they'd sound like. Seems to be the exact opposite of the simplicity of the Rethm single driver though the fact that the same set of drivers do such a large number of octaves would probably make them sound similar to a single driver.

What kind of amplification are you looking at to go with this speaker?

What do you mean not launched? They have been around for a while. Except for some over the top air mass movement patent stuff, every user feedback is really good.

Not sure when I will give these a whirl but my sinus faber Stradivari are doing a great job musically.

Let us know your impressions as I am curious too wrt the hype...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hear good tube amps pair well with them. So it will be a good data point with the berning

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Marsilians, the DI has been around for more than 6 months now. All reviews youve read are for that speaker. That cost USD 3300. The ones i have ordered is the DI SE. It uses a different set of drivers and better crossover parts. This has not been officially launched. There are no details as yet on their website about this speaker. The DI SE costs USD 6500. Only one pair is out in the market so far and the user is quite blown with it.

Marsilians, the DI has been around for more than 6 months now. All reviews youve read are for that speaker. That cost USD 3300. The ones i have ordered is the DI SE. It uses a different set of drivers and better crossover parts. This has not been officially launched. There are no details as yet on their website about this speaker. The DI SE costs USD 6500. Only one pair is out in the market so far and the user is quite blown with it.
Hi Prem,
Could you please let me know the total cost of purchase including Shipping & Custom duty charges in INR...?

Thanks.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Congratulations Prem!
As always will be fun to listen to these speakers in your setup!

I don't know how you guys do it but I am really cautious with speaker changes.
Changing from the Rethms to the DI's will be an interesting comparison.

All the best with the move!

Thanks Nikhil. I hope the DI SE lives upto the hype. Anyways, when Jacob has his new 12 inch driver based speaker ready, I might go back. You never know:)

Thanks Nikhil. I hope the DI SE lives upto the hype. Anyways, when Jacob has his new 12 inch driver based speaker ready, I might go back. You never know:)

12 inch driver? I have not reached Saadhanas yet....! In the past two years I feel hifi has really picked up. so many new products and developments!

Will look forward to your impressions on the speakers.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back