New TCL 85 inch TV model 1.99L INR

How does it feels to be the first !!
Pretty insane, I would had been glad if the installer had better experience to handle the giant.
It's pretty insanely large over 65 i had. I've completed the initially tests now downloading avengers hdr 4k.

Hey Cool...
Congratulations on the first place! I hope you are really enjoying the monster!

I had a question - What made you decide for a 85" inch TV over a Projector. I'm doing my research now and I see that for the same price one can buy a really good DLP projector which can scale upto 150". Even a short throw one.

Yes I understand, there is an additional expense, maybe three times to build a proper home theater room :)

Bro Projector doesn't make sense to me as I've installed it in my drawing room. You need to make place for the projector in ceiling which looks pretty wierd and our watching is quite casual not specific for movies and dark rooms... More of a show piece art you can say.

Congratulations on this great buy. Enjoy

Technology has made this possible that a humongous size tv now available under 2 lacs. I remember a couple of years back LG launched its 85" TV for 14 lacs.

:confused:
10 years back Panasonic sold 100" plasma for 21 lacs. at that time USD was for Rs 47 :(. Now Panasonic is out of TV segment:confused:
Lol Yeah my first was 65 inch Samsung d9000 plasma that was also quite expensive

Here's the first look, also bought fire tv 4k

Attachments

• IMG20191011182443.jpg
    IMG20191011182443.jpg
    578.9 KB · Views: 241
Please be sure that they bring "Swiveltelli" brand Wall brackets. That's the best. I did check Croma guys on this and they confirmed that they will get this brand only.

I had contacted Croma showroom in Chennai near by my house. Now they are chasing me. They have offered some discount too.

Waiting for reviews.

Come on make it fast. Running out of patience.

Bought MI 4K UST projector in June. Now Optima has come up with Cinemax P1.

So confused whether to go with Projector way with Optima or TCL 85". Awaiting for detailed impressions / review on TCL.

Guys i am not a expert, but played 4k avengers hdr yesterday and it was totally different surreal feeling however I do find picture not sharp when playing sd or 1080i content don't know why, need to to play with settings.

Great brightness blacks and color till now.

Sound is quite good but I am using arc to marantz 5013.

If there are any other specific question please ask.

I told a friend yesterday but he said he got 85 too that too Samsung at price of 2.75 could it be possible? Heck I've wud have got that just for the name sake!

Bought MI 4K UST projector in June. Now Optima has come up with Cinemax P1.

So confused whether to go with Projector way with Optima or TCL 85". Awaiting for detailed impressions / review on TCL.

Bro if your viewing can be dark without lights and got place for the projector then obv projector.

Guys i am not a expert, but played 4k avengers hdr yesterday and it was totally different surreal feeling however I do find picture not sharp when playing sd or 1080i content don't know why, need to to play with settings.

Great brightness blacks and color till now.

Sound is quite good but I am using arc to marantz 5013.

If there are any other specific question please ask.

I told a friend yesterday but he said he got 85 too that too Samsung at price of 2.75 could it be possible? Heck I've wud have got that just for the name sake!

Bro if your viewing can be dark without lights and got place for the projector then obv projector.

That's spot on. The Mi 4K UST Laser projector I am using is stunningly great. Even in broad room light absolutely no issues. No dark room is must.

This uprgradite / Chage fever has caught up in the launch of LG and Optoma UST 4K laser. In between this TCL has played up.

So now I will decide between these two and buy.

BTW can you please clarify from your friend which of the 85 model of Samsung he got.

Thanks

R. Balagopalan

That's spot on. The Mi 4K UST Laser projector I am using is stunningly great. Even in broad room light absolutely no issues. No dark room is must.

This uprgradite / Chage fever has caught up in the launch of LG and Optoma UST 4K laser. In between this TCL has played up.

So now I will decide between these two and buy.

BTW can you please clarify from your friend which of the 85 model of Samsung he got.

Thanks

R. Balagopalan

I will try getting one of these for my garden, how you think it wl work in open space?

I will try getting one of these for my garden, how you think it wl work in open space?
Open space broad daylight no way. Night with ambient light absolutely no issues. Only thing is go for a Grey screen. It's far superior in grey screen than pure white.

You can see my post on the Grey screen thread.

Last edited:
Quick Update :

Zonal manager, techs lot of ppl at my place from TCL for wall mounting :p , their first sale, even they wanted to have look of TV.

Am also planning to buy, it is available in Chennai Chroma, reliance digital. Please share any videos of your 85inch tv

Am also planning to buy, it is available in Chennai Chroma, reliance digital. Please share any videos of your 85inch tv
It is not available ex stock in Croma Chennai. They are arranging it with in Two days. They are behind me since I enquired about it. They have offered some discount also. Send me PM in case you want to buy. I will put you to the sales person who worked out a special price.

It is not available ex stock in Croma Chennai. They are arranging it with in Two days. They are behind me since I enquired about it. They have offered some discount also. Send me PM in case you want to buy. I will put you to the sales person who worked out a special price.
That's great, I tried discount but they were not interested in that as they don't keep stock with them. I think its more of ordering that time only.i was more keen in getting the TV ASAP
I got it in a day because croma and tcl warehouse are in NCR only.

I'm planning to buy this TV in Mumbai. Got a quote of 1.89L from Croma and 1.79L from a local vendor.

What special price did you get from the vendor in Chennai?

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back