New TCL 85 inch TV model 1.99L INR

Guys, would you prefer Samsung RU7100 or TCL P8? I'm getting 75inch Samsung for 35k cheaper than 85inch TCL (1.35-1.4L for Samsung vs 1.7L for TCL). Both have 3 years warranty

This is due to employee discount and multiple card cashback/freebies

@coolraghav what do you think?

bro, in 10 inches there's huge difference, now that you've to see your view point ..when my friends come over they are like o_Oo_O:p

but can go for samsung for the brand value obv.

I will close my eyes and buy the Samsung. Samsung service is spot on and resale, buyback will be more compared to TCL. If you get the Samsung 4K UHD for 1.4 lacs that is a steal price. Comparing Samsung and TCL is like comparing a mole and a mountain.
Thanks for the suggestion!

Checked both and preferred the picture of RU7100. Bought it on Friday for 1.7L (plus 11.5k cashback, 9k employee discount, Galaxy A50 6Gb ram version free)
Final price of 1.3-1.35L after considering all freebies & cb. Waiting for installation tomorrow!

Checked both and preferred the picture of RU7100. Bought it on Friday for 1.7L (plus 11.5k cashback, 9k employee discount, Galaxy A50 6Gb ram version free)
Final price of 1.3-1.35L after considering all freebies & cb. Waiting for installation tomorrow!

Which two models did you check if you don't mind my asking?

Great and congrats. Please review when you find time.

Which two models did you check if you don't mind my asking?
Compared Samsung 65" RU7100 & 55" TCL P8E directly in the showroom (they didn't have larger display units)
Tcl p8E was pretty good as well though. Samsung QLED/Sony x90/ OLED TV's were not in my budget for 75/85 inch.

Compared LG & Sony: Didn't like the LG sm7670 or Sony x7500 much (IPS panels don't have good contrast/blacks) LG LED and Sony x75/80/85 are all IPS models compared to VA for TCL/Samsung

Installation is supposed to happen by Saturday, will provide an overview post that

Compared Samsung 65" RU7100 & 55" TCL P8E directly in the showroom (they didn't have larger display units)
Tcl p8E was pretty good as well though. Samsung QLED/Sony x90/ OLED TV's were not in my budget for 75/85 inch.

Compared LG & Sony: Didn't like the LG sm7670 or Sony x7500 much (IPS panels don't have good contrast/blacks) LG LED and Sony x75/80/85 are all IPS models compared to VA for TCL/Samsung

Installation is supposed to happen by Saturday, will provide an overview post that

Thank you for the reply.

How is picture quality? What is your viewing distance for this huge TV?
Mind-blowing .. quite near 5 mts maybe
Viewing point right now
imgur.com/a/HqNUKmU

Still in dilamo, LG C9 OLED 65" with sound bar 1.99L or TCL 85INCH for the same price?
Bro 20 inches !! You think, i will surely forgo OLED for it .
Anyway can anyone tell why hdr10 is darker ? Playing fast and furious Hobbs Shaw 15gb HDR 4K.

Any chance to see your TV?
Pm

Last edited:
Mind-blowing .. quite near 5 mts maybe
Viewing point right now
imgur.com/a/HqNUKmU

Bro 20 inches !! You think, i will surely forgo OLED for it .
Anyway can anyone tell why hdr10 is darker ? Playing fast and furious Hobbs Shaw 15gb HDR 4K.

Pm

HDR is darker because the panel itself might not be that bright and tone mapping insufficient to correct for that. Plus, VA panels without local dimming can't really do any justice to HDR, as if they increase highlights, the black will also rise. Even pushing brightness to 400 nits means blacks will be 0.1 nits assuming contrast ratio of 4000:1. This where OLED excels. HDR is consistently good, if not great. Hobbs and Shaw looks absolutely stunning on C9.

HDR is darker because the panel itself might not be that bright and tone mapping insufficient to correct for that. Plus, VA panels without local dimming can't really do any justice to HDR, as if they increase highlights, the black will also rise. Even pushing brightness to 400 nits means blacks will be 0.1 nits assuming contrast ratio of 4000:1. This where OLED excels. HDR is consistently good, if not great. Hobbs and Shaw looks absolutely stunning on C9.

It looks so opposite to me ,I'm fine with SDR.
What's the color depth of my model ? Couldnt find it in specs, need to set it up in fire tv 4k

TCL-4004402565-with-without-hdr.jpg

Update :
Interstellar 4k HDR YouTube docking scene looks amazing. I think rip ain't good.

Last edited:
Back