New user to this platform

Maathan

Hello everyone,
I'm Mathew ,can anybody suggest a solution for my problem? I've a Maranze PM 6004 integrated amp. Now it's not working properly..as the power on it goes to the standby mode and power indicator is binking.Im fed up with this.I checked all connections...no results.

Hello Mathew,

Welcome to the forum! Thank you for joining.

The Marantz PM 6004 is a pretty well known model.
I am sure someone on here will be able to point you in the right direction.

Regards

Hello everyone,
I'm Mathew ,can anybody suggest a solution for my problem? I've a Maranze PM 6004 integrated amp. Now it's not working properly..as the power on it goes to the standby mode and power indicator is binking.Im fed up with this.I checked all connections...no results.
Hi Matthew,
If the amp goes into standby mode immediately after powering on then I would suspect the output stage of the amp.
I had this issue on PM7001 recently; of course it was due to an error on my part.
I blew the transistors at output stage doing some experiment.
Got the amp serviced at an authorized Marantz service center in Bangalore for about 4.5K
Took about 3 weeks as some parts had to be ordered and sourced from Chennai.
Expensive, but the guy did a nice job of restoring the unit to proper functioning.
If a local dealer can't help you, try ones at Chennai.
Cheers,
Raghu

Hi @Maathan , you may know - still let me give hint from user manual of this model.

When the protection circuit is activated : Red (blinking)

Protection circuit:
The protection circuit is be activated in the following situations:
• If the speaker cable wire touches the rear panel or screws or if the speaker cable wire touches the speaker cable’s + and – sides are touching
• If the surrounding temperature is extremely high
• If the inside of the amplifier gets hot to extended use at a high output
If the protection circuit is activated, the speaker output is blocked and the STANDBY indicator flashes in red. If this happens, unplug the power cord, then check the connections of the speaker cables and input cables. If the unit becomes very hot, wait for it to cool off and improve the ventilation around it. After doing this, plug the power cord back in.
If the protection circuit is activated even though there are no problems with the ventilation around the unit or in connections, the unit may be damaged. Turn off the power and then contact a marantz service center.

In case you had followed the above yet, you may please try.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back