Subwoofer not working what to do?

surinder1508

My Polk audio DSW 600 pro stopped working in middle of a movie while audio volume level +2 DB on my Onkyo 807 and at middle audio volume level on this active sub woofer.

I checked few things and got following results.

Sub working indicator on front of the sub gone off and blinks for split of a second when I press led on/off from the remote. When I used level calibration for sub from AVR there is no sound from sub at all. When I switched the power toggle switch to on state the power indicating led on the rare starts blinking green in color same behavior of led I found when I switched it to auto mode. And led remains always orange when I switched it to standby mode while level calibration for sub from AVR was always present in all three modes. And in standby mode led turns orange to green for split of a second and gets back to orange in color when I press power on/off from remote. I even changed the power and coaxial cables but no success.

What all that means and what to do know?

Dear surinder,
I feel that subwoofer has conked off.Do not experiment too much with it.Contact the profx service centre in ur city asap.

most of the times, the fuse is user accessible in the plate amp. removing it and checking it if its blown or not will not void the warranty.

if its not in warranty, you can do whatever you want as anyway you will be paying for the repairs.

have you read the user manual, usually there is a section in the end listing troubles, causes and resolution.

Yes I too feel and hope that fuse could be blown off but it is not accessible from outside so should I unscrew the plate amp to get rid of that I mean is it an allowed act without voiding warranty.

Last edited:
Yes I too feel and hope that fuse could be blown off but it is not accessible from outside so should I unscrew the plate amp to get rid of that I mean is it an allowed act without voiding warranty.

Unless the screws are sealed or you mess up while unscrewing, how would they ascertain that the plate has been opened up?

Although screws are not sealed but they are paint coted n I afraid if they are tightened enouh permanent marks could be made while unscewing them cousing warranty termination if it is not allowed.

My Polk audio DSW 600 pro stopped working in middle of a movie while audio volume level +2 DB on my Onkyo 807 and at middle audio volume level on this active sub woofer.

I checked few things and got following results.

Sub working indicator on front of the sub gone off and blinks for split of a second when I press led on/off from the remote. When I used level calibration for sub from AVR there is no sound from sub at all. When I switched the power toggle switch to on state the power indicating led on the rare starts blinking green in color same behavior of led I found when I switched it to auto mode. And led remains always orange when I switched it to standby mode while level calibration for sub from AVR was always present in all three modes. And in standby mode led turns orange to green for split of a second and gets back to orange in color when I press power on/off from remote. I even changed the power and coaxial cables but no success.

What all that means and what to do know?

its definetly fuse blown paji and please don't play sub that high +2db and turn down the volume dail near about 9-10'o clock ,i guess excessive volume dail and higher db setting in avr cause sub fuse to blown ,what u do is calibrate with auto calibration until sub level in avr reads in between -3db to + 3db if it below -3b turn down the volume dail if it above +3db turn up volume dial a little bit hope this helps and let me know asap u find out the problem .i'm 200% sure its fuse blown due to higher volume on sub .

its definetly fuse blown paji and please don't play sub that high +2db and turn down the volume dail near about 9-10'o clock ,i guess excessive volume dail and higher db setting in avr cause sub fuse to blown ,what u do is calibrate with auto calibration until sub level in avr reads in between -3db to + 3db if it below -3b turn down the volume dail if it above +3db turn up volume dial a little bit hope this helps and let me know asap u find out the problem .i'm 200% sure its fuse blown due to higher volume on sub .

It wasn't that loud when it happened. My +2db means master volume from AVR as far as sub calibration goes I set it at 0db from AVR and at middle volume level from sub.

Guys at last I opened the sub plate my self as there is no seal found on the outside from preventing that for the sake of warranty and found that the one of the IC which is gifted with a big heat sink has been burnt out. And this IC number is STV 517-B DDX and I could not found the replacement as yet. So if anybody knows where from I can get this IC or can arrange it for me please do let me know.

I mean to say in India. From your given link it will cost me dearly.

why dont you check the quote from 20north or something like that. its just a 10$ item. On a 450 Rs item, you wont pay customs (get it marked as a gift). Its just a chip, so shipping also wont be much. if you do end up paying a few hundred bucks extra, its still worth it to get your sub up and running.

In bangalore, you can check it out at SP road, you havent disclosed your location, so......:)

Edit: This place has it but its out of stock. maybe you can call them and check
http://in.element14.com/jsp/display...-STM&s_kwcid=TC|15515|sta517b||S|b|6208412800

Last edited:
Oh sorry I'm from Hoshiarpur (Punjab) and I tried my luck in Delhi markets where two of vendors promised me the chip but haven't given me any good news till now.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back