Newbie Q: Denon 1610 or 1910 or 2310?

I plan to audition them as well as the Take 5s. Problem is there is no place in Pune to do it! I actually plan to buy the 2310 from the US (from Global Ebay)... but am checking with Denon about the warranty. DAKMart is an authorized Denon reseller in the US. Last time I saw on Global Ebay 1910 was available for 30k while 2310 was available for 38k. Both new. Here, I am getting a quote for 45k for 1910 and 62k for 2310. However, I am yet to audition even the Denons. No reply from any music store in Pune. Pune sucks.

I agree with you on the fact that Dakmart is the authorized denon online reseller, but also kindly be informed that their products listed in the gebay are refurbished products (94% of them). I have also heard stories from my cousin based in Wichita, Kansas, US, about stories where his friends bought refurbished ones for a good price, but nevertheless they have 3- to 6-month warranty in US.

So, pls take care. Also, denon 2310 at 62K, IMHO, does not sound lucrative, you can go for 1910 unless you want to invest heavy on your speakers. Even 1910 has OSD functions for all video inputs.

I currently have a Denon 790 (1910) bought and brought from US, but a factory-sealed one.

I contacted Denon US and they have told me that warranty is void once the product leaves US. And with dealers in India refusing to repair units not bought in India even for a fee, I think I might just buy one here after all.

Hi,

If you have a weak heart, that would be a wise decision. IMHO, AVRs can go for 3-5 years without any problems, but we can't predict anything as it entirely depends on several factors, current, etc., so no comments.

Else, we'll have to learn electronics and become engineers for our own equipments:eek:hyeah::lol: (if any crash course is available:licklips:)......

I contacted Denon US and they have told me that warranty is void once the product leaves US. And with dealers in India refusing to repair units not bought in India even for a fee, I think I might just buy one here after all.

i spoke to silo (behram and sudarshan if i remember) about denon products and they are pretty confident that they can support it well. their sales/stocks are eventually supported thru kei in bombay. i guess kei has built itself a strong reputation amongst dealers and end users so servicing should not really be an issue. am i missing something here [maybe you did have another experience ;-)] infact, silo was open to help me with a home audition of their products if i was really interested.

I agree with you on the fact that Dakmart is the authorized denon online reseller, but also kindly be informed that their products listed in the gebay are refurbished products (94% of them). I have also heard stories from my cousin based in Wichita, Kansas, US, about stories where his friends bought refurbished ones for a good price, but nevertheless they have 3- to 6-month warranty in US.

So, pls take care. Also, denon 2310 at 62K, IMHO, does not sound lucrative, you can go for 1910 unless you want to invest heavy on your speakers. Even 1910 has OSD functions for all video inputs.

I currently have a Denon 790 (1910) bought and brought from US, but a factory-sealed one.

Denon 1910 is available at 30-32K in grey market bangalore and 2310 around 42K.

Guys,

I have ordered a Denon 2310 paired German Magnat speaker set (2 front floor, two back wall mounted, one center and one subwoofer) which will reach me in a couple of days. I need help in calibrating the system/speaker. Can anybody suggest a professional help. I live in Mumbai and willing to pay charges for same. Thanks.

How would you actually check the genuine of the system.

You will not see any duplicate AVRs in the market, but have the risk of the seller peddling refurbished/class-B/class-C/demo stuffs as new ones. The only way to check this is to have the seller open a sealed box (should have manufacturer labled tape) and visually checking that the internal contents are not disturbed earlier.

Guys,
I need help in calibrating the system/speaker. Can anybody suggest a professional help. I live in Mumbai and willing to pay charges for same. Thanks.

Help for calibration OR total setup?ie building HT room.?
Any nearest audio shop can help you here.
If in West Mumbai,Alliance4 can help you, south mumbai may DAC(wharf dealers help you)Cenral side KEI ,Powai can help you.

Still I will say ,you can use auto setup & DIY as many so called expert dont set system properly.We has seen profx & others doing poor setup @ another member's dedicated HT room.

Thanks Vinod for the contact.

How would you actually check the genuine of the system.

I checked that the equipment was new, powered up the system in his shop to check if its working, did not connect any source or speakers. I'm yet to setup the system at my home.

Help for calibration OR total setup?ie building HT room.?
Any nearest audio shop can help you here.
If in West Mumbai,Alliance4 can help you, south mumbai may DAC(wharf dealers help you)Cenral side KEI ,Powai can help you.

Still I will say ,you can use auto setup & DIY as many so called expert dont set system properly.We has seen profx & others doing poor setup @ another member's dedicated HT room.

Thanks Boss... I need help for calibration. Prefer anyone professional who knows music and dont mind paying reasonable fees for same. I live in South Mumbai. Where is DAC located??

Back