Newbie setup question

rahul9ue

Hi,
I am planning to setup a basic setup to play music from my external USB HD and USBs. I have a budget of approx 25-30 K within which I want to buy a media player like WD Live and a setup of stereo amplifier and a pair ok bookshelf speakers. Can anyone suggest a setup of a stereo amplifier and speakers that I can hook with WD live and play my music form that. I do not have a good collection of CDs. I mostly hear to Rock, but other family members hear to all sort of music from bollywood to pop etc.

Thanks
Rahul Gupta

the wharfedale diamonds 9.1 are good speakers in that budget. though im not a fan of bose the 301's are very impressive @ 17.5k. amps to match are yamaha, nad, marantz, cambridge in no particular order

YOu would need a DAC to convert Digital signal from Media player, The analog out from Media player is pretty bad in my experience.

My setup is like this
Xtreamer-> Optical-> Zero Dac-> Topping TP20-> JBL Control One.

Cost

Xtreamer or any media player ( You can get for 4k like Kiober) WDlive HUB is 13.5 K i Think
Optical Cable - 500 Rs
Zero DAC -> 8K
Topping TP20 ->4K
JBL COntrol One -> 7.5 K

RCA Cable - 350 Rs.
Speaker cable

The only issue is Sub, You will need to add sub woofer to get the most from Bollywood songs

There is very long thread on Forum with Topping TP20 Search and enjoy.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back