No audio when playing Dts-Hd Master Audio Samples on Ps3

andy26129

Im having problems playing a dts master audio file I downloaded from here*http://www.demo-worl...on-trailers.php

This is what I did. Downloaded the file to my usb then inserted it on my ps3, plays the video fine but my onkyo 3500 system does not pick up any sound. My reciever does not produce sound for Dolby True Hd either, but supports both, any help. But this does work with Dolby Digital 5.1. Thanks*

What's the file format? MTS/M2TS?

A PS3 won't play DTS HD-MA/Dolby TrueHD unless they're in Blu Ray disc or AVCHD (disk or USB) format.

Also, it would depend on the PS3 model. If you have slim, then only it will decode DTS - HD / DT HD. The older one will convert to LPCM and send that to the avr over HDMI.

Please refer this link, it provided very valuable information about PS3.

PlayStation 3 Secrets

Thanks & Regards,
Amit

Also, it would depend on the PS3 model. If you have slim, then only it will decode DTS - HD / DT HD. The older one will convert to LPCM and send that to the avr over HDMI.

Please refer this link, it provided very valuable information about PS3.

PlayStation 3 Secrets

Thanks & Regards,
Amit
Doesnt it also decode master audio and true hd, atleast thats what it says on my ps3 audio settings.

M2TS is the stream used in AVCHD, just like you have VOB for DVD.

You need to "author" an AVCHD from that M2TS file, either for disc or USB/SD-Card. Only then will you PS3 play the audio. Slim or FAT doesn't matter..it won't even recognise the audio unless you do this first.

Search google for multiAVCHD, and author your AVCHDs from that tool. Gives you all the options for either disc based or USB/SD for many players, including the PS3.

M2TS is the stream used in AVCHD, just like you have VOB for DVD.

You need to "author" an AVCHD from that M2TS file, either for disc or USB/SD-Card. Only then will you PS3 play the audio. Slim or FAT doesn't matter..it won't even recognise the audio unless you do this first.

Search google for multiAVCHD, and author your AVCHDs from that tool. Gives you all the options for either disc based or USB/SD for many players, including the PS3.
Will try, then tell you if it worked.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back