No console gamers?

Any news on which of these are better for Ninja Gaiden 2 - XBOX 360 or PS3? I know there are lots of other games, but this is a personal favourite. :)

Any news on which of these are better for Ninja Gaiden 2 - XBOX 360 or PS3? I know there are lots of other games, but this is a personal favourite. :)

ninja gaiden sigma 2 is coming in just few months on ps3 so it has more add ons then xbox 360 ng2

it has three bombshell girls with huge boobs which are also playable and also some new weapons addition and new bosses but in graphic department i definitely opt for xbox 360 because it has less jaggy graphics then ps3

so it's up to you now

three bomshells or graphics :cool:

ninja gaiden sigma 2 is coming in just few months on ps3 so it has more add ons then xbox 360 ng2

it has three bombshell girls with huge boobs which are also playable and also some new weapons addition and new bosses but in graphic department i definitely opt for xbox 360 because it has less jaggy graphics then ps3

so it's up to you now

three bomshells or graphics :cool:

bombshell girls??? Hmm...let me read up on that. Thanks for the heads up manu.

hey

one question i wanna ask all ps3 owners...
how is ps3 as a stand alone blue ray player..
have got some answers.. but majority are denying it as just a blue ray player...

pls reply and oblidge....

Re: hey

have got some answers.. but majority are denying it as just a blue ray player...

bro ps3 don't properly show what true hd movies are actually they are more jaggier on ps3

so you need stanalone br player

bro ps3 don't properly show what true hd movies are actually they are more jaggier on ps3

so you need stanalone br player

manu I have tried 3 blueray movies on ps3 including sin city, heyy babby and sawwariya (well my friend only had these during my stay at his place) paired with Sony 40 V series full HD TV. And though the sony is capable of 24p and ps3 is'nt there were no visible judders during the movie experience. Only problem i felt that ps3 does not have a remote and using the ps3 controller is not easy and efficient always.

Absolutely no jaggies - smooth butter like playback. Even loading time was less around 15 seconds. The first generation blue ray player form panasonic and samsung took nearly 30-40 seconds. Colours on the ps3 were reproduced nicely too. Images on ps3 look a lil grainy as it should be - the BDP from samsung has image correction turned on by default - so pics appear slightly soft. I prefer the natural look.

Coming to flaws in pic quality - no chip to decode video which is does by cell processor - so there is a lag of 3-4 seconds from pause. No native 24p playback. No upscaling for SD DVDs.

And
$100 Sony PS3 price cut possible in August (ps3 getting a 100 USD cut ~ Rs 5k cut in India = ps3 at under 20k is a steal)

If you have Blu-Ray content then it works fine. It also plays HD rips like MKV which no other player apart from a WDTV or NMTs will do. Coming to PQ its great as a Blu-Ray player. Where I find it lacking is in terms of upscaling SD content like DVDs, Divx rips, etc.

PS3 is h/w wise pretty secure, only the firmware needs to be good. Hopefully Sony will do a good job in that so a PS3 will perform very well as a Blu-Ray player and in upscaling too.

manu I have tried 3 blueray movies on ps3 including sin city, heyy babby and sawwariya (well my friend only had these during my stay at his place) paired with Sony 40 V series full HD TV. And though the sony is capable of 24p and ps3 is'nt there were no visible judders during the movie experience. Only problem i felt that ps3 does not have a remote and using the ps3 controller is not easy and efficient always.

Absolutely no jaggies - smooth butter like playback. Even loading time was less around 15 seconds. The first generation blue ray player form panasonic and samsung took nearly 30-40 seconds. Colours on the ps3 were reproduced nicely too. Images on ps3 look a lil grainy as it should be - the BDP from samsung has image correction turned on by default - so pics appear slightly soft. I prefer the natural look.

Coming to flaws in pic quality - no chip to decode video which is does by cell processor - so there is a lag of 3-4 seconds from pause. No native 24p playback. No upscaling for SD DVDs.

And
$100 Sony PS3 price cut possible in August (ps3 getting a 100 USD cut ~ Rs 5k cut in India = ps3 at under 20k is a steal)

ok then i jsut tell it because i have read it at ign .com

Oops, yeah it's not Ninja Gaiden Sigma 4. I merged it with the Metal Gear Solid 4 title (this one has also recently been bought).

No upscaling for SD DVDs.
Butt, I think PS3 does upscale SD DVDs to 1080p. At least I have set it myself to do so. I have firmware v2.6, IIRC.

I'm not too finicky about upscaling (maybe I don't understand either) etc .. I can however conclude that my Onkyo DV-SP405 and PS3 both provide a pretty satisfactory SD DVD movie experience, with 720p upscaling. Display is a PV8.

Edit:

PS3 supports 24 fps too it seems. IGN: Optimizing Your PS3 for Blu-ray
Haven't used the setting yet, since I'm still trying to convince myself that it's worth paying 1300 for a Blu-ray movie.

Last edited:

ok then i jsut tell it because i have read it at ign .com

no probs dude. A lot of people say a lot of things but ultimately its only when you a real hand experience that it matter more. At 20k ps3 later this year is hard to beat. With a lot of games being released this year and firmware updates for upscaling the ps3 will be a tough act to follow.

Microsoft - a new console please!!!

no probs dude. A lot of people say a lot of things but ultimately its only when you a real hand experience that it matter more. At 20k ps3 later this year is hard to beat. With a lot of games being released this year and firmware updates for upscaling the ps3 will be a tough act to follow.

Microsoft - a new console please!!!

you are right about microsoft though this is my fourth microsoft xbox 360 and now i can say it don't have any red ring of death issues now till 8 months now

and i'm planning to buy ps3 too because of god of war3,mgs4,uncharted 2,ff versus 13 ,heavy rain,ratchet and clank and so many i forget :)

I have a ps3 and a wii (for my daughter). I enjoy games like burnout paradise, motostorm 2, fifa 09, and fps like Resistance, R2, Killzone2. Waiting for GOW2 and Uncharted 2.

Manumani

Killzone 2 is fantastic ! There is no GOW4. GOW3 is coming out in March 2010, after which it will be the end of the series (or at least the current story line).

My problem is, I cant find wii games in Mumbai.

I also have topspin 3, Ratchet & Clank, Fallout 3 (havent played it yet, right now busy with fifa 09)

Manumani

I've been a PC gamer for the better part of a decade. Favourites keep changing (from the original half life to quake 2 and 3 to quake 4 to far cry to crysis, alongside whatever version of age of empires happens to be current and, in the old days, warcraft). I assembled my own gaming pc. Its a bit of a frankenstein monster now with different bits having been upgraded since I first built it. I also have a PSP to use while travelling and an XBOX 360 for titles that dont make it to the PC.

Killzone 2 is fantastic ! There is no GOW4. GOW3 is coming out in March 2010, after which it will be the end of the series (or at least the current story line).

My problem is, I cant find wii games in Mumbai.

I also have topspin 3, Ratchet & Clank, Fallout 3 (havent played it yet, right now busy with fifa 09)

Manumani

technically there will be 4 GOW editions - do not count out the prequel GOW chains of oympus for the psp - so the new one should be GOW 4.

Anyway technicalities aside GOW rocks

have a ps2(older version,bought from the us).at the time had to mod the chip to play games(read pirated:indifferent14:) and have been using it for >4yrs now.huge into racing games,the more hardcore the better!!have pretty much all the major racing games,many rallying games too(u can guess frm my forum name:eek:hyeah:).all time favorites are colin mcrae 04/05,wrc 4,v8 supercars.nothing like racing for me,be it circuit or rally racing!!!

Do you guys have after market joysticks, steering wheels etc? Pls share your exp of such equipment too.

Someone said 20k for PS3? Where is it available for 20k?

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back