No PUNCH in Onkyo 606 + Jamo S606 Combination

With this setup of yours when listining to music try using Pure Audio or Direct mode which would bypass your Audissey settings and would give life to the music played through your system, but in this case your SUB would not work unless you connect your sub through the high level input directly through the speakers output of your AVR and connect your speakers through speakers out terminal of your Sub if it has one, now adjust the crossover and volume settings on your subwoofer.
This should make a lot of difference to overall musicality of your setup.

Last edited:
Hi,

There are two points to consider:

(1). The sub200 has two inputs, both of which has to be used using a Y-splitter from the LFE output of the AVR. Else, the sub output may be low.

(2). Is the phase control set properly?

Another point to consider is the wiring of the speakers, if they're connected in anti-phase, bass would be very feeble.

regards,

Nitin.

spkr placement / room acoustics / change in inter connects and spkr cables will definetly help in refinement of sound for music
EQ settings /audessy set up /other calibrations will only degrade the SQ for music, these settings in the avr tend to make music sound further lifeless, as u have rightly said above (something missing, no thrill)

advice you to connect a stereo amp (u cud borrow it from a frnd jst for trail, if u dont have one) to the same set of spkrs and chk it out

Thanks Subash.

Does it mean that I should keep all frequency settings to 0 db level for all speakers.
Sure, I will try with Stereo Amp.

Last edited:
Thanks Subash.

Does it mean that I should keep all frequency settings to 0 db level for all speakers.
Sure, I will try with Stereo Amp.

set bass/ treble as desired
do level config:for spkrs in avr
set all spkrs to small in avr
or
set 60hz for main L/R, so freq below this is routed to sub ,set at 40hz
100hz for centre
100-110hz for sorrounds

experiment with sub placement

hope all the spkr connections are rightly done (+ to + , - to - ) rechk on this

set bass/ treble as desired
do level config:for spkrs in avr
set all spkrs to small in avr
or
set 60hz for main L/R, so freq below this is routed to sub ,set at 40hz
100hz for centre
100-110hz for sorrounds

experiment with sub placement

hope all the spkr connections are rightly done (+ to + , - to - ) rechk on this

Thanks, Subash. I will try this out.

hey bro onkyo 606 is bad ,i have it before onkyo 807 and i also listen to music with it its satisfy for music
i suggest first done some bass traps in all corners wall to wall,wall to floor and wall to cieling you will gear more distinct notes in bass and no boomy at all and at the same time the bass reappear which will lost before

I think it's working OR May be I got adjusted this setup and started believing that ' Yes..., this is THE good reproduction of music' :)

bro i guess you were use to boomy bass evryone has accustomed to different music some like boomy bass ,some like biiiiiiiiiig bass (like me) we immedeatly dislike a neutral sound so yes give your ears some time :D

Run the Audyssey set-up again and then manually configure your speakers to the desired level. Also set the frequencies of the speakers and switch on Double Bass and Dynamic EQ. I hope this helps.

Hi,

I've got the Onkyo SR606 and Jamo s606 combination. I found that the amp auto setup (with the Audyssey microphone) resulted in lower cutoff frequencies (below which sound is sent to the amp) for the speakers than you would expect.

For example:
Auto-Value Speaker Freq. Range Better value?
Front: Full band 42 - 20,000 >50Hz (e.g. 70Hz)
Center: 50Hz 75-20,000 80Hz
Surround: 60Hz 80 - 20,000 80Hz

Increasing the cutoff frequencies to within the range supported by the speakers greatly reduced the muddied sound that was literally hurting my head, but it's still not perfect.

If anyone has any other tips I'd love to hear them, because I know this setup can be improved. What equaliser values work for you?

Simon

Back