No sound

jedviper

I have download some Music videos (MP4, MKV) from youtube, they are playing in my PC but not on home theater. Most of the files giving error "file format not supported" and one file played but with no sound... what's the reason?

My HT Setup :- Denon AVR X2100, Dali Speaers, SVS Sub, WD Media Player, WD EXT.HDD, Pansonic 50" LED.....

Thanx in adv.

I have download some Music videos (MP4, MKV) from youtube, they are playing in my PC but not on home theater. Most of the files giving error "file format not supported" and one file played but with no sound... what's the reason?

My HT Setup :- Denon AVR X2100, Dali Speaers, SVS Sub, WD Media Player, WD EXT.HDD, Pansonic 50" LED.....

Thanx in adv.

Your information is not that clear.
Anywys check the suggestion below.
Are you trying to play thru AVR Usb or WD media player ? If you are trying with AVR usb ,then obviously it will not work.imo.
If the results are same with your media player then your codec is not properly converted in the media container.

playing music videos from Ext.HDD is connected to WD media player which is connected to Denon AVR thru HDMI...

playing music videos from Ext.HDD is connected to WD media player which is connected to Denon AVR thru HDMI...
Your media player is not capable to play the video file.
Converting by make my mkv converter/mkv tool nix and try again with same video file

Last edited:
Your media player is not capable to play the video file.

This would most likely be the case..

Denon AVR X2100, Dali Speaers, SVS Sub, WD Media Player, WD EXT.HDD, Pansonic 50" LED.....

Time to change your WD Media player ;).. Consider an Android TV box from amazon.in / ebay.in which is of the same size of WD Media player and can decode allmost all media formats.. They support HDD too,most up to 1 TB HDD, few support higher capacity..

It doesn't coast a bomb.. But affordable 3K.. You may check that out..

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back