Non wifi led + wifi dongle = wifi(smart) ?

multi

I visited Samsung showroom & checked their new 2013 Led models.

I liked this model

UA40F5100AR - OVERVIEW | SAMSUNG India

it's non wifi model.

I already have wifi router & might add media player with wifi to stream content to led .

so is it possible to use samsung's wifi dongle via USB for above purpose & make it smart tv.

3rd party wifi dongles will/may not work. You will need a Samsung wifi dongle. It will cost about 3,500. What you wish to stream depends upon the bandwidth requirement. Usually, when the strength is high and content is SD, there is no problem. I found that trying to stream 3D SBS (.mkv) movies via DLNA from my laptop to TV was a problem. The wireless network (54 mbps) could not handle the bandwidth.

You will find that connecting media player directly to TV may work out better.

so is it possible to use samsung's wifi dongle via USB for above purpose & make it smart tv.

Not having a built in wifi does not make your TV un-Smart. It can still be a smart TV provided it has the networked and internet (browser, online content, etc) feature with the ability to install apps like Skype, etc. So adding a Samsung wifi dongle will give you the networked connectivity which you will also be able to achieve by a wifi bridge (might sometime come cheaper than a branded dongle) without any brand constrain or by directly LAN-wiring the TV with the router (cheapest and most versatile option) like I have done if you have the possibility to run the wires. Usually all Smart TVs have LAN ports.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back