NOOB needing help ! Is this necessary ????

jaboyle

Long story short, I'm buying the 'PHILIPS 42PFL5603D/10' and to go with it I'm buying the 'Kef eggs kit 530'. Basically do I need an amplifier, Ive been looking at the 'Pioneer VSX-1017AV-S' but was wondering what benefits it would bring me, I'm going to be watching blue ray movies, playing games and watching SKY HD so is this amplifier necessary?.

Thanks in advance, Jack :confused::confused::confused:

Now, the long answer :) Yes, you don't need any receiver. Your package consists of KEF 3005 sat and KIT Subwoofer and a KIT DVD Player cum receiver. This should mostly cost you in India around 1.8lakhs With this cost you can buy quite some awesome and better deals in India. The main drawback in this is that tomorrow, if you want to upgrade anything here, you will find it very tough. Also, from the performance point of view also, this package can be bettered. If you can tell us whats the budget and at what price are you getting this and why you finalised this and whats your constraints I think you can get some nice suggestions here. There is another thread running around here who wants an HT for 2lakhs.

Man, just found that you are in Marple, UK? Is that right. If so, I can suggest you for the same cost a 'n' times better deal. Simply no competition kinda deal for the same money. If I got it right, KEF KIT530 should cost 1700 pounds. For 1700 pounds I would suggest you get
Arcam DV135 + Arcam AVR280 for 1000 pounds in superfi.co.uk
Quad L-ite 5.1 package for 500 pounds in superfi.co.uk
For remaining 200 pounds get good interconnects cables and stands if necessary.
And believe me, this should outclass KEF KIT by a great deal with a great upgradeable path. particularly, this is multiple times better for music. These are all selling at 50% off currently and hence you would be getting actually 3000 pounds worth of stuff for your price.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back