Norge 1000 Gold Vs Denon x510 Vs Yamaha HTR 3067

idunix

Hi,

I am planning to build a stereo setup using existing pair of Pioneer BS22 LR speakers, as i read more on this forum i am getting more and more confused on deciding on buying a receiver.
I will be using this receiver mainly for listening music (90% music and 10% on movies).

I have shortlisted receivers having configuration as below:

1) Norge 1000 Gold
100W + 100W RMS @ 6 ohms

2) Denon x510
90 watts per channel (6ohms, 1 kHz, 0.7% THD, 2ch driven)

3) Yamaha HTR 3067
70 W per channel (6ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 0.09% THD) 2ch driven)

I am not able to audition Norge and Yamaha on Pioneer BS22 speakers due to lack of availability in Bangalore.

Please provide your valuable gyaan on selecting which of above Amp would be good for listening music?

Hi,

I am planning to build a stereo setup using existing pair of Pioneer BS22 LR speakers, as i read more on this forum i am getting more and more confused on deciding on buying a receiver.
I will be using this receiver mainly for listening music (90% music and 10% on movies).

I have shortlisted receivers having configuration as below:

1) Norge 1000 Gold
100W + 100W RMS @ 6 ohms

2) Denon x510
90 watts per channel (6ohms, 1 kHz, 0.7% THD, 2ch driven)

3) Yamaha HTR 3067
70 W per channel (6ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 0.09% THD) 2ch driven)

I am not able to audition Norge and Yamaha on Pioneer BS22 speakers due to lack of availability in Bangalore.

Please provide your valuable gyaan on selecting which of above Amp would be good for listening music?

First of all you are comparing stereo amp to AVRs.
If your preference is 90% music you can skip option 2 and 3.
Norge 1000 is a stereo amp.
Denon and Yamaha are AVRs.
Norge will perform much better in 2 channel and suitable for your preference.
You can also check stereo amps from Marantz, Yamaha at a higher budget.

My setup is HTR-3067 with Pioneer AJ FS52 LR speakers. My use it primarily for music.

My source is a WDTV Live Hub with built-in hard disk. WDTV is connected to TV via HDMI and to my AVR via Toslink optical fiber cable.

I chose an AVR over a stereo amp because
* Built-in DAC and variety of input options (optical, digital coax, HDMI, analog)
* Good audio effects (bass boost, enhancer, and a lot more)
* Built-in headphone amp

I think Yamaha AVR is able to utilize about 95% capability of the speakers. Bass is a little weak. However, if I enable bass boost, it is taken care of.

Sonically, Yamaha and Pioneer AVRs are very similar with Pioneer emphasizing the treble a bit more than Yamaha. So, you get a pretty good idea of the sound with Yamaha if you have demoed with Pioneer AVR.

Denon has a much warmer sound signature (more emphasis on bass). You can demo Yamaha, Denon and Pioneer AVRs in ProFX with Polk or KEF speakers to get an idea of their sound signatures.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back