Norge 2060 Stereo Integrated Amplifier

Even Mission FS speakers M 34i /35i sound amazing wid a norge.someone has also reviewed his setup wid this combo in this forum sometime back.
Pls tell me whether norge or for that matter any other 2 channel amp produce a humming kinda noise over a large period of time ? one of my aquintances amp ( a DIY ) started intoducing a continous hum along with the music which became unbearable to hear over a period of time.

Even Mission FS speakers M 34i /35i sound amazing wid a norge.someone has also reviewed his setup wid this combo in this forum sometime back.
Pls tell me whether norge or for that matter any other 2 channel amp produce a humming kinda noise over a large period of time ? one of my aquintances amp ( a DIY ) started intoducing a continous hum along with the music which became unbearable to hear over a period of time.

No, that should not normally happen. Check the input cable connections. Perhaps the soldering has gone bad.
Does the hum come even at zero volume setting or is it controlled by the volume control?

Hi ash chk earthing if it is good thn it is time to change the capacitors whn changing do point to point resoldering this shud solve the problem.

Yes the hum is still there @ zero volume.
It could be a number of things. The Power supply capacitors are one obvious suspect. another possibility is the solder joint of the internal interconnection from pre-amp to power amp.
To narrow the possibilities without proper measuring instruments, the best method is to first disconnect the input to the power amp and check if the hum is still there.

You all guys make me sad!
i recently "replaced" my good old norge 4242 with the denon 390xp htib..
now i have to donate my stereo to my uncle(no room for both)

You all guys make me sad!
i recently "replaced" my good old norge 4242 with the denon 390xp htib..
now i have to donate my stereo to my uncle(no room for both)

Gift the new HTIB to your uncle and get new spakers for your AMP :thumbsup:

I have a question then, can it drive my diamond 9.6? or do I need gold 1000 / mosfet 2000 for better control?

Hi,
The general opinion would say, yes you need Norge 1000 /2000 to drive a Floorstander like diamond 9.6.

I have heard 2060 with Wharf 9.2. Considering that sound I think 9.6 can be driven by 2060 to 50% of speaker's performance (which is loud enough for a 12ft x 15 ft room).

However it makes more sense to spend 3k more for Norge 1000, and get 100% performance.

Regds,

Hi,
The general opinion would say, yes you need Norge 1000 /2000 to drive a Floorstander like diamond 9.6.

I have heard 2060 with Wharf 9.2. Considering that sound I think 9.6 can be driven by 2060 to 50% of speaker's performance (which is loud enough for a 12ft x 15 ft room).

However it makes more sense to spend 3k more for Norge 1000, and get 100% performance.

Regds,

Yes,if you spend more,you get detailed sound.I checked 2060 & 1000(2000 too)with my Tannoy F1 & found 1000 was best.

http://www.hifivision.com/what-shou...v2-norge-concerto-gold-1000-amplifiers-4.html

Can someone please post the contact email ID of Mr Bajaj? I sent a query thru email to the ID mentioned on the Norge website and have not received any updates. Any pointers will be greatly appreciated

Hi there,

I have a Norge 2060 amp with me, which I purchased a month ago. I also have purchased the Norge Millenium Book shelf speakers. The amp is excellent. The design is very simple. No frills or fancy stuff. Even a remote is an add on. But the quality of sound it produces is amazing. The clarity, the layering, the seperation.. all are very good. I have listend to combinations like Marantz CD Player + Cambridge Audio CA 640 amp + Mission speakers. Coupled with a good pair of speakers this will satisfy even the most demanding audiophile. The sound is comparable with some of the best brands in the business and it does not cost a bomb to own.

I am based in Cochin and got the same couried from Bombay.

Regards

Rajendran Menon
Hi Rajendran

Am also planning to buy a Norge amp (concerto gold 1000). Is there a Norge showroom in Kochi. Can you please reply to my mail ([email protected])
If you dont mind can you plz give your contact number.

Binu Jose
Kochi

Hi,

Does anybody know which company power amp chip they use inside Norge 2060 audio power amplifier. Has anybody opened it and checked it ? Please send me the details

-ben

Hello Friends , i found a vintaga Akai AM-U33 Amplifier at a friends place,
i could not get the chance to audition it because he gave away speakers to someone else , i just checked using Headphones, and can only say it is in working condition,

I Quoted 5 K for it , need ur suggestion about this, does anyone used this amp , is it good ?

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back