Norge 2060 Stereo Integrated Amplifier

Sean de Silva

I recently purchased this amp to replace my one-foot-in-the-grave akai am-u02 amp and boy was i satisfied or what to say the least? I'll just encapsulate all my emotions in a nutshell and say this:

If you are a true audiophile and want real bang for buck and don't wanna shell out big bucks for the indian/imported crap displayed in big showrooms , take a dive and go in for norge's 2060 amp. It's performance speaks for itself and it will eclipse any stereo amp or home theater amp on a canter. I've been to big fancy showrooms and auditioned dozens of reputed brands, finally i took the plunge and headed straight to norge.
Hats off to you, Mr. Shyam Bajaj, may you live for another century for india and the world to benefit from!!!:):)

I've also heard the 1000 reference amp and the tower speakers from norge at their outlet in mahim. I was blown away and thoroughly impressed!

FINAL VERDICT: simplicity, elegance, performance , price !!!!!

Its great to read the review on Norge. I will definately check them out. BTW can you tell us the price of the Norge 2060 Stereo Integrated Amplifier?

Thank You.

I purchased it directly from norge's mahim factory for Rs.7,700/- with a remote control and i must mention this : The director of Eastern Electronics (NORGE) , Mr.Shyam Bajaj on seeing my state of uncertainty /over-cautiousness , visited my residence and helped me to hook up the amp to my speaker setup, that settled the nerves . It was a rare priviledge and an honour for a man of his stature to do so.:)

I've used the amp for a week now and there's no cause for concern absolutely. Btw, the amp controls 5 speakers on a 2-channel stereo base. i.e a pair of - telome speakers with an unpowered subwoofer on the spk-a set and a pair of sony speakers on the spk-b set. With such a setup in parallel, the impedance drops down to 4 ohms /ch and the amp delivers clean , undistorted power at high volumes to the entire spk setup. That's the sole reason i'm really impressed and recommend this amp .

I too had a tremendous disbelief in indian higher-end audio capabilities, that was until i experienced norge ....i just wish an embargo could be imposed on all those imported "reputed" brands flooding our white/grey markets that flatter only to decieve!

Hi all,

I have been using Norge-2060 integrated amp for more than an year now. I am satisfied with the performance. There is no clipping at high volume level and also bass reponse is good. Clean mid freq. I use it to drive Esota-8050 3 way towers. What could be missing in this may be some front panel displays etc which I really dont care as far the audio quality is good. Good value for money.

Thanks,
Sunil

Hi guys,
Congrats on the purchase of the Norge amp and hope it gives years of musical service. Have not seen or heard the norge products and was wondering how it would compare to budget offerings from established HI FI makers like Nad(c 320 BEE) ,Marantz(PM 4001), CA (Azur 340) etc. I know the norge is much cheaper and has poorer aesthetics but am keen to know the opinions of users for the sound quality.
Regards.

Hi,

I recently purchased the NORGE 2060 , and am satisfied with its output. I previously used the PULZ 180DC Model amp(35W rms pc). The NORGE sounds better than the PULZ.

with regards,

Murali

I recently purchased this amp to replace my one-foot-in-the-grave akai am-u02 amp and boy was i satisfied or what to say the least? I'll just encapsulate all my emotions in a nutshell and say this:

If you are a true audiophile and want real bang for buck and don't wanna shell out big bucks for the indian/imported crap displayed in big showrooms , take a dive and go in for norge's 2060 amp. It's performance speaks for itself and it will eclipse any stereo amp or home theater amp on a canter. I've been to big fancy showrooms and auditioned dozens of reputed brands, finally i took the plunge and headed straight to norge.
Hats off to you, Mr. Shyam Bajaj, may you live for another century for india and the world to benefit from!!!:):)

I've also heard the 1000 reference amp and the tower speakers from norge at their outlet in mahim. I was blown away and thoroughly impressed!

FINAL VERDICT: simplicity, elegance, performance , price !!!!!

Congrates ,

can it drive 8 ohm spk like Tannoy?
any heat prob notised?

Hi there,

I have a Norge 2060 amp with me, which I purchased a month ago. I also have purchased the Norge Millenium Book shelf speakers. The amp is excellent. The design is very simple. No frills or fancy stuff. Even a remote is an add on. But the quality of sound it produces is amazing. The clarity, the layering, the seperation.. all are very good. I have listend to combinations like Marantz CD Player + Cambridge Audio CA 640 amp + Mission speakers. Coupled with a good pair of speakers this will satisfy even the most demanding audiophile. The sound is comparable with some of the best brands in the business and it does not cost a bomb to own.

I am based in Cochin and got the same couried from Bombay.

Regards

Rajendran Menon

I have owned a Norge Stereo Graphic Equaliser EQ - 10 SD and a Norge Professional Series Integrated Amplifier 2020 MkII for 15+ years. Completely agree that the stuff is amazing. I love the Equaliser display.

However, I have since upgraded, though the Norges are still in line (and will continue to remain there). I am sending them across to Mr. Bajaj for servicing. 15+ years of Indian weather has taken its toll on the electronics.

I would like to submit, one needs to experience different systems and setups to come to a conclusion that the imported hi-end is only marketing gimmickry. In the absence of this one may feel what one hears/owns is the best there is, though that works for a lot of people.

But, I would agree in saying that India does have its share of hi-end and quality if we were to refer to Rethm, Cadence and Invisible, to name a few.

Btw, Norge possibly also means 'Norway' and origins could be traced to Tandberg.

Since beginning I always thought AVR s are extended versions of amps. So I was expecting them to deliver in terms of music, until my new setup. I somehow was not happy with the sound with such an investment.
Finally I started visiting amp threads. With so much of confusion finally I wanted to try amps. So I booked 2060 norge, then I changed it to 1000gold.( I am power hungry )

I received it last night and slipped on communique album and enjoyed it.
It sounds phenomenally better than my denon 2309 receiver in terms of stereo.
Ofcourse the denon will reproduce all that in higher volumes but then it will be very noisy. Now I understand that amps reproduce the sound well in lower volumes.sorry for bugging many people with my posts.

I don't know how to thank many members here. If only I had listened to them I could have finished my setup for such a cheap price without all that waste i have done.

Future is some great amp. Let me enjoy this Norge conerto gold.

It is driving WF9.6 quite comfortably

Hi Pradski,

Very happy to know that you are loving your 2 channel music through your just-acquired Norge amp. Take good care of it. I would assume with time it will sound even better, because these gears usually need some burn-in time from anywhere between 20 hours to 100 hours.

Also one request: would you kindly communicate your experience and learning to our forum member "magma" and anybody else having similar doubts in case he has not seen your post?

I am just happy that one more person is enjoying music using a 2channel equipment!

Happy listening!

hi Asit
"Magma" has read the post above!
( ive even spoken to mr bajaj about a few auditions last week)

infact magma's read every post connected with audio in this forum since hes joined.
his wife thinks hes obsessed and now curses Hi fi vision:D

thank you pradski and the originator of this thread.

Last edited:
hi pradski,
how have you connected the 2 channel amp to your denon?
i am sorry if the question is to basic.
i too have the same amp, and might get a 2 channel amp, was just not sure how to connect both together.

Thanks asit and magma.

Sviyer, I have not connected norge amp to denon avr. I directly connected to tower speakers. I am planning to connect amp and speakers with an extra pair of cables.

connecting amp to avr, is that done. I don't know maybe seniors can tell us.

At present I have connected my rear WF9.2 to amp. They are also wonderful compared to denon avr wf9.6 combined.

Last edited:
Hai,

The Norge Amp 2060 will deliver 80 W rms/channel @ 4 ohms and 60 W/Channel at 8 ohms, please check the rms power of your Tannoys.

with regards,

murali

Since beginning I always thought AVR s are extended versions of amps. So I was expecting them to deliver in terms of music, until my new setup. I somehow was not happy with the sound with such an investment.
Finally I started visiting amp threads. With so much of confusion finally I wanted to try amps. So I booked 2060 norge, then I changed it to 1000gold.( I am power hungry )

I received it last night and slipped on communique album and enjoyed it.
It sounds phenomenally better than my denon 2309 receiver in terms of stereo.
Ofcourse the denon will reproduce all that in higher volumes but then it will be very noisy. Now I understand that amps reproduce the sound well in lower volumes.sorry for bugging many people with my posts.

hi,definetly you cant compare an AVR to stereo amp,,,,even the cheapest stereo amp from a reputed brand will beat an expensive AVR in 2 channel mode ,,,,but the same way u cant enjoy a movie on a stereo amp ,,,the AVR will be far superior ,,,so you have done the right thing in investing on 2 separates ( thats what i have done too) connection is a issue here if u want to drive the same speakers for movies and music??
I don't know how to thank many members here. If only I had listened to them I could have finished my setup for such a cheap price without all that waste i have done.

Future is some great amp. Let me enjoy this Norge conerto gold.

It is driving WF9.6 quite comfortably
hi,definetly you cant compare an AVR to stereo amp,,even the cheapest stereo amp from a reputed brand will beat an expensive AVR in 2 chanel stereo,,,,but the same way u cant enjoy a movi on a stereo amp,,,the AVR will be far superior,,,so you have done the right thing buy investing on separate amps( thats what i have done too),,,,,but the connection is an issue here if u want to drive the same spkrs for movis and music??

hi Asit
"Magma" has read the post above!
( ive even spoken to mr bajaj about a few auditions last week)

infact magma's read every post connected with audio in this forum since hes joined.
his wife thinks hes obsessed and now curses Hi fi vision:D

thank you pradski and the originator of this thread.

Hi Magma,

Even my wife thinks along similar lines and my buddies too. They are sure I am obsessed with the amount of time I spend on this forum...

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back