Norge 2060 Stereo Integrated Amplifier

Since there is no 'pre out' in the Norge 2060, how can we connect with another stereo amp to make a 'Bi-ampli' set up? Few years back, I ask Mr.Bajaj to provide the 'pre out' in Norge amps when I buy my 2060, but
he never mind!?. He hesitates to spend money for any improvements on his products even for mere Rs.10/. He should consider about fit and finish, quality of the RCA inputs, power cord, switches. Norge enthusiats ready to pay for such basic upgradations to a widely acclaimed Good amplifier. Will Bajaj consider? I dont think so.

look wise Norge is very poor , I hope at least they will use Aluminum knobs .
Plastic knobs make impression of the elcheapo amps.

What is a good amp + speaker combo from Norge these days? For music in the living room.

I have a Norge 2060 and a set of Millenium speakers. Not sure what your requirements are but its pretty good sounding combo overall.

Invest in good interconnects , I got the Monster series from MX which are good enough.

My source is a software modded (soundcheck) Logitech Touch (ethernet)

Overall I am quite happy with it and am not thinking of any upgradation unless absolutely necessary.

I am planning a second system for the study room. It is going to play only relaxing music and i wont require more than 25-40w power. May be i ll be hooking up a pair of wharfdale 220s or the Q 2020is. Should I go for CA Topaz AM5 or this Norge 2060. Ho can you compare quality of this 2060 to budget brand offerings like marantz pm 5005 / topaz am10 and small NADs.?

if you like overtly warm sound then pair either of the speakers you have planned to the ca topaz amp. norge amp will have more sparkle especially in mid and high freqencies.

value for money wise topaz and norge win

Hi All,

I am looking to buy a Norge 2060 and pair them with Wharfedale Diamond 220s. I basically like the Wharfs for their laidback approach and no fatigue listening characteristics.
Will the Norge amp make them too bright?
If yes, which amp do you suggest which can drive the 220s sufficiently well?

Regards,
Nikhil

Norge 2060 isnt bright ,if your Wharfdale 220's are laid back they should gell well

Hi,

I recently purchased the NORGE 2060 , and am satisfied with its output. I previously used the PULZ 180DC Model amp(35W rms pc). The NORGE sounds better than the PULZ.

with regards,

Murali
Hi Murali,
I have norge 1000 gold. Would like to include usb+fm+bt setup in this.
Is there any way to achieve this.

There are some aftermarket Chinese units available in market. They can be fitted into the amp. Don't know much about the SQ but I think they will be ok.

I have a DNM AU 8080 ( 80 watt RMS) with A DNM powered SUB PSW 100& DNM PB 101satellites , I have been using this setup for CD & other light listening but recently I acquired a very old model cosmic AMP CA 60 my 30watt RMSX4 ,this amp sounds much more musical with PB 101 & my old AIWA speakers , I would like to acquire Audiotechnica turntable LP 120 & Denon online music streamer /DAC, Please let me know i should make 2 different systems or integrate all into 1 big system,My DNM audio receiver does not have phono input while my cosmic amp has phono input ...your sugestions are welcome

I didn't even know that they still existed, with almost of the entire world going in for AVR and home theaters, getting to know that Norge still exists, I'm surely gonna pay them a visit soon,

i use to listen to Norge, Cosmic, Sonodyne early college days, just these names take me on a nostalgic journey

I bought Norge UBT2060 , no proper tone control over music, good power
I bought for it's bluetooth use it for online music
Phono does not sound too good using Norge preamp also cd not upto the mark
however heard it at Norge Mahim showroom and it sounded very good so I guess have to tweak my preamp, a professional CD was used and Thorens TT for checking. Real value for money

however heard it at Norge Mahim showroom and it sounded very good so I guess have to tweak my preamp, a professional CD was used and Thorens TT for checking. Real value for money

Congrats on the purchase.

Norge / Arphi / Dome / DNM / Pace / PULZ are good amps which ruled the market before the inflow of other foreign brands which are now widely available.

I think you should tweak the amp properly. Use proper gauge speaker wires......ensure interconnects from CD player to Amp are good (Amazon basics are decent enough) and your CDs being used should be original or properly recorded

It's one of the most vfm amps. Regret having sold it though I use a Rotel now.

Congrats on the purchase.

Norge / Arphi / Dome / DNM / Pace / PULZ are good amps which ruled the market before the inflow of other foreign brands which are now widely available.

I think you should tweak the amp properly. Use proper gauge speaker wires......ensure interconnects from CD player to Amp are good (Amazon basics are decent enough) and your CDs being used should be original or properly recorded

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back