Not getting proper surround effects from polk s10

jitendra_2416

Hi,

Recently I added polk s10 as surround speakers to my yamaha rxv 583. But, I am not getting good surround effects from the speakers. They are very quiet even after the level is set to 8db, which is incorrect though. And I have placed the speakers on the side of the sofa around 2ft away from the listening position. Could you please let me know what could be the best way to improve the surround sound.

Note:I have this setup in my living room

Thanks,
Jitendra

Recently I added polk s10 as surround speakers to my yamaha rxv 583. But, I am not getting good surround effects from the speakers. They are very quiet even after the level is set to 8db

Not good surround effect and quiet both are different terms.
What are you expecting from this S10 little masters?

Hi,

Recently I added polk s10 as surround speakers to my yamaha rxv 583. But, I am not getting good surround effects from the speakers. They are very quiet even after the level is set to 8db, which is incorrect though. And I have placed the speakers on the side of the sofa around 2ft away from the listening position. Could you please let me know what could be the best way to improve the surround sound.

Note:I have this setup in my living room

Thanks,
Jitendra

what is your source?

If that is your only source, test with channels showing "DD+". Channels showing only "DD" do not have surround information.
Better to test with proper 5.1 sources like DVDs or blu rays (either discs or ripped).
Also make sure the speakers are showing up in AVR setup and have correct +ve/-ve speaker wire connections.

I thought I replied to this thread, but don't see it now :(.

Have you done a auto setup ? Did the speakers make sound during that routine? What is the level set by the receiver for them compared to the fronts?

TV audio is the worst to test out rear surrounds. If you have no option, test on the star hd channels. However I would really urge you to get a Bluray player and try out an action movie like mad Max or life of pie.

MaSh

I thought I replied to this thread, but don't see it now :(.

Have you done a auto setup ? Did the speakers make sound during that routine? What is the level set by the receiver for them compared to the fronts?

TV audio is the worst to test out rear surrounds. If you have no option, test on the star hd channels. However I would really urge you to get a Bluray player and try out an action movie like mad Max or life of pie.

MaSh
He created 2 threads.
check the link below
Duplicate

No DTH or Set Top Box provides actual 5.1 surround.....although we may see good Video and clear sound....this has been an eternal debate.....

Use a proper DVD / Blu Ray file or Disc and you will see the difference....

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back