Notion Ink's Adam - The ultimate tablet..and a Hd media player too!

It has kept people waiting for too long. With Blackberry, Samsung and Olive already in the fray and with Dell Streak pricing and reliability is going to be the key for Adam.

If it gets delayed more, market may lose interest and trust.

This seems to be a good gadget, but we should not compare it to the Apple. It's a trade off between money and technology............. The touch technology of Apple has not been successfuly replicated by any other company. Till date only Samsungs galaxy has managed to come as close as possible to Apples touch technology.
Feature wise this is definitely better than Apple, but I guess the touch technology is not going to be as robust as apples. And this is one of the features which one should look for in any tablet/smart phone...

This is just MO, no offence to anybody...

cheers.

Last edited:
It has kept people waiting for too long. If it gets delayed more, market may lose interest and trust.

ok, that is it!, srramanujam -

IAUAL - for the apple store to look at the ipad

oh, and BTW, Andimuthu Raja has resigned - and technically MIB

Last edited:
The touch technology of Apple has not been successfuly replicated by any other company. Till date only Samsungs galaxy has managed to come as close as possible to Apples touch technology.

I totally agree..but looking at the specs and info shared by the CEO, looks like they have sorted this out and might even come with an Active Digitizer. If so, this would be the best touch screen device with excellent hand-writing capabilities.

Cheers.

What OS is this device running - If it's running any version of Android then yes I shall put my money on this. If it's a custom OS I highly doubt how many takers would be there for this.

What OS is this device running - If it's running any version of Android then yes I shall put my money on this. If it's a custom OS I highly doubt how many takers would be there for this.

Android 2.2 (with a possibility of upgrade to Gingerbread in future, not confirmed though) with custom UI and custom apps. They will have their own App market (Genesis) alongwith access to Google Market.

Android 2.2 (with a possibility of upgrade to Gingerbread in future, not confirmed though) with custom UI and custom apps. They will have their own App market (Genesis) alongwith access to Google Market.

That's interesting - I heard it was to be priced around 15k, If they are still targeting it - It's a steal IMO

They have 4 variants...the cheapest one around $398.
And yes, even at this price point it's a steal given the capabilities this device boasts of.

How much does/would an Ipad retails for in India?

Ipad is going for around 37-38k for the 16gb i think....Notion Ink looks great on specs but there is stiff competition ,not sure if android is ready for prime time on tablets.

they've been talking about it for a while now, and I heard they had some trouble with investors. I will remain slightly skeptical until this thing goes to market and is checked out by some independent reviewers.

AFAIK, the investor trouble was sometime in June (their original investors backed out) and Anil's Reliance is probably their current investor.

Yes, I would wait for the tablet to hit the market and some reviews to flow thru before buying. But if this thing delivers as promised, I bet there isn't anything even close to it in the mkt atm :cool:.

Cheers.

It's a bangalore based company. The tablet is based on an nVidia Tegra 2 SOC, capable of supporting full HD and offers impressive 3D capabilities. The device also comes with a Pixel Qi Transflective Display option, which means the LCD can reflect ambient light, without need of back-lighting, and thus boosting battery life. The OD is a custom build of Android Froyo with a proprietary overlay called Eden UI. However, expect to see similarly specced tablets such as the Motorola Xoom, The Samsung Galaxy 2 and LG Optimus Tab running Android 3.0 "Honeycomb" later this year. All said an done, the Adam is still a very impressive achievement for an Indian Company.

I doubt if Xoom would match up with Adam on price front, maybe on the specs.Besides, it would most likely come bundled/tied with a carrier. With Adam you have the choice of selecting the carrier.Pixel QI would also be the differentiator

Also, the company says it would provide an option to upgrade to Honeycomb later on.

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back